What are these files in my Google Drive?

• Some time ago, about 60 strange files appeared in my Google Drive for no apparent reason. Their names are all like mbhd-(a GUID)-(encoded date).zip.aes. Sizes are all ~156kb, and they all claim to be created by me on various dates. They are apparently AES encrypted, and I have no clue what the key could be, so I have no idea what's in them or what process is really creating them. Does anybody have any idea what they might be?

I do have an Android phone, I wonder if they're some kind of automatic backup of something. The dates on them don't seem to correspond to any activity that I can think of.

• It's apparently a bitcoin thing.

• Huh, that makes sense all right. I suppose they do correspond to the times I've messed with some bitcoin stuff.

• The first thing you should do in this case is go to your Google account security settings and see which programs and websites have permission to create files in your drive

• @anonymous234 said:

The first thing you should do in this case is go to your Google account security settings and see which programs and websites have permission to create files in your drive

Seriously! Run, don't walk! o_O

• Yup, nothing funny, probably just multibit writing to the Google Drive folder on my home PC.

Then again, Meta.D is on there. Only has access to Basic Account Info, but who knows what Jeff could do with that!

• He could read your email address! Oh no!

• Before people mentioned bitcoin, I would be scared of it being ransomware like cryptolocker

• @ufmace said:

Some time ago, about 60 strange files appeared in my Google Drive for no apparent reason. Their names are all like mbhd-(a GUID)-(encoded date).zip.aes. Sizes are all ~156kb, and they all claim to be created by me on various dates. They are apparently AES encrypted, and I have no clue what the key could be, so I have no idea what's in them or what process is really creating them. Does anybody have any idea what they might be?

I do have an Android phone, I wonder if they're some kind of automatic backup of something. The dates on them don't seem to correspond to any activity that I can think of.

WhatsApp Backup FIles!

• @fbmac said:

Before people mentioned bitcoin, I would be scared of it being ransomware like cryptolocker

FUD is prime reason of people not going to new technologies.
    Fire and Wheel were also met with some level of suspicions.