Ok, after having to `kill -9 chrome` far too many times...

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

... and "restore previous tabs" doesn't actually restore all of therm...

Where exactly is the page that lists all the topics I have draft posts on?

Don't get brutal on chrome - it's normally alright on most of the computers I use it on; it's the laptop I take to the pub it happens on, so I'm assuming that part of the issue is hardware related. Or I done fucked up something on the installation. Nevertheless..

Yes, I know I can probably go digging into the DB to go find them (as I actually had to once since the draft rather unhelpfully had rather too many characters in it so I couldn't even load the topic and I had to munge the database to remove that draft.)

But,... where? Am I missing something?

• sockdevs

There's a page that lists saved drafts?

• @PJH said:

chrome
    @PJH said:
    laptop
    RAM?@RaceProUK said:
    Yeah, I didn't know of such a feature either, isn't it a bit much to expect from the discoteam? It's not like email clients have had the feature for years.

• sockdevs

@LB_ said:

Yeah, I didn't know of such a feature either, isn't it a bit much to expect from the discoteam? It's not like email clients have had the feature for years.

You say that, but I know of no other forum software that lists saved drafts.

• @RaceProUK said:

I know of no other forum software that saves drafts, but I don't visit many forums.

• sockdevs

@PJH said:

Where exactly is the page that lists all the topics I have draft posts on?

discourse ususally, just visit the topic again and the list will pop up.

• @PJH said:

it's the laptop I take to the pub it happens on

Did you spill a beer on it?

• The BBS that I frequently visit keeps draft and ask you whether you want to continue editing the post the next time you login.

Then again I'm talking some telnet based forums...

• @PJH said:

But,... where? Am I missing something?

@RaceProUK said:

@LB_ said:

isn't it a bit much to expect from the discoteam?

No.

• Okay... this draft is getting loaded in the topic JSON:

But of course, not in the topic list JSON:

So... uh... I don't know how you could query for all of your draft posts, without loading every topic and looking for a draft on it.

'course, it is possible to get a list of all your recent posts (your profile does), as well as ... other things ... so perhaps there's an undocumented option to get draft posts.

And obviously I mean from scripting the Discourse front-end. With direct access to the DB it would probably be a lot easier.

• Isn't there a flag somewhere for bots to request extra JSON properties?

• It's impossible to write bots for Discourse, so I doubt that :doing_it_wrong: would've put any flag like that in.

Not deliberately, anyway. I know there's a flag that causes it to include the raw for all the posts, but I'm relatively sure that wasn't added as a "flag for bots".

• sockdevs

@PleegWat said:

Isn't there a flag somewhere for bots to request extra JSON properties?

yes, there's one to get it to add the raw to the post JSON.

thats the only one i know of.

and @riking was very nice to add it.

• sockdevs

@RaceProUK said:

@LB_ said:

SMF 2.1, and the SMF fork Wedge both do this. The SMF folk Elkarte might also.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.