Mafia IV: Reverse Mafia

• mod

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3

#THE RULES
    ##Basic rules

1. If you are not playing, do not post in this thread. If you wish to comment, we have a lovely spectator plan! PM me and I will add you to “Club Ded”, which is where all the spectators, dead players and other assorted awesome people hang out. You can even spy on my notes, which are the canonical record of what all has actually happened and what all can actually happen.
    • This is a Closed Setup Game. This means you do not know what roles are in the game.
    • Each Player will be given a Role Card via PM. This role card will contain:
      • The Role the player is playing and a brief description of its mechanics.
      • Any special modifiers or rules specific to that player and a description of the mechanics involved.
      • A Flavor description for the type of role you have been assigned.
    • Players may voluntarily quit at any time for any reason. PM me and you will immediately die and be added to Club Ded. This will appear ingame as a suicide.

##Setup

1. This is a closed-setup game. I will not confirm or deny the presence of any roles at any time other than death-flip.
    • This is not a Bastard game. You have no powers not contained in your role PMs, and the death-flip is a full reveal, assuming that no player roles interfere.

##Player Conduct.

1. Do not edit your posts. Do not edit your posts. You may play Russian roulette to fix typos and the like, but if an edit pencil appears, you're out. Do not edit your posts.
    • Unless otherwise specified in your role PM, do not discuss the game with another player, living or dead. Also don't use an intermediary or other such system. All game discussion happens in the thread for all to see, or not at all.
    • Do not copy-paste from any out-of-thread communication. Paraphrasing is okay, but direct C+P is forbidden because the result is too "suspiciously legitimate".
    • If you are not a live player, do not post in the thread. Dead players may not post in this thread. Keep your post-death cursing for Club Ded.
    • Do not encrypt your posts. Do not post in a language other than English. Do not alter your posts in any way. Do not post using your steganographic code from your secondary school clique. Do not use the last-visited or last-posted date or time. Do not post an image from SnapChat, Imgur, or other image services that let your change or delete them. Do not make $1,000 bets that you're not Mafia. Do not taunt anyone outside the game. (Essentially, the entire contents of the thread should be visible to everyone at all times, and actions outside of Mafia should not drive decisions inside Mafia, nor vice versa.)
      1. Decoding any part of the vote counting bot's posts, or viewing them in raw, is forbidden. If you can glean something from the baked representation of the posts, great! Otherwise, leave them alone.
    • Do not use actions that you do not have.
    • Do post at least once every 24 hours during the Day phase or risk Mod Wrath. Private threads do not count for this rule, as that may accidentally confirm Scum.
    • Discussion may occur in officially ordained threads during appropriate phases. You know a PM thread is official if I’m on it. If I'm not on it, you are breaking rule PC2.
    • ASK QUESTIONS. If you don’t understand something, PM me. If you think the rest of the game needs to know the answer, post the question in the thread. If you think your PM thread needs to know the answer, post the question there.
    • If you need my attention (daytime action that needs immediate attention, you guys think you’ve reached a verdict, etc.), you can expedite resolution by emailing me at abarker.tdwtf@gmail.com or by contacting one of the backup mods, @izzion and @accalia.
    • Roleplay is heavily encouraged.

##Game phases
    The game will take part in 4 phases:

1. Dawn PMs will be sent containing the resolutions to Night actions. No player action necessary and all communication will be restricted.
    • Day All players will participate in open discussions in the main thread. Players will vote to lynch a player until a majority consensus has been reached. Players with daytime actions shall submit them via PM. Posting in group PMs will not be permitted and may risk Mod Wrath.
    • Dusk This is the period between when a player has reached sufficient votes to be lynched, but the Night phase has not been initiated. Aside from changing votes, you may treat this as part of the day phase. On sufficiently rapid days, any players with day actions may be permitted a chance to submit day actions during this phase.
    • Night Players with nighttime actions will submit them via PM. Posting in the main thread will not be permitted and may risk Mod Wrath.

• mod

• mod

Welcome @LynchBot!

#LynchBot Commands
    LynchBot commands are as follows:

• Vote: @LynchBot for @player or @LynchBot vote @player
    • Unvote: @LynchBot unvote, @LynchBot unvote @player, @LynchBot for @unvote, or @LynchBot vote @unvote
    • No Lynch: @LynchBot no-lynch or @LynchBot nolynch
    • List votes: @LynchBot list-votes
    • Show living players: @LynchBot list-players
    • Show all players: @LynchBot list-all-players

Note that LynchBot commands must be on their own lines. Commands on the same line as other text will either be ignored or incorrectly processed.

• mod

##:warning: Advisory Notice :warning:

All game PMs are being pre-made between myself and my backups, @accalia and @izzion. Since you will be added to the relevant PMs after the creation of those PMs, your tracking level will be set to the default of "Normal". When you gain access to your PMs, it is advised that you set the tracking status to "Tracking" or "Watching".

• mod

#Reverse Mafia
    Bored of life among the stars, humanity has pulled itself back to Terra. Fortunately, the extra-solar wars have been long and vicious enough that the total population of the human race is less than 50 billion – at least those that could be found.

After millennia left to her own devices, the Earth has recovered from the damaging influence of homo sapiens. Things have changed a lot since humanity left earth. None of the old satellite images seems to match. Sure, the outlines of the continents are the same, and the mountains are in pretty much the right spot, but the greens don’t look quite the same, and where are the large brown patches? And why are those white caps so much larger? It seems that there is much to figure out before heading down to Terra.

Instead of waiting to head down to Earth, a small group of about 1 billion decides to reestablish a few of the old lunar colonies. Due to supply shortages, it isn’t long before black markets start popping up. And with the black markets come rumors of a mafia running things. Of course, there’s no evidence of this mafia, and how could there be? Each of you has a role to play in making sure that the public doesn’t become too conscious of your activities, and so far things have worked well. Until one day, everything falls apart.

The Boss, @RaceProUK is missing. It appears that the police have taken her in. You would ask @izzion about it (it is his job to keep the police paid off, especially the police chief), but he is missing as well! The news doesn’t say anything, yet, which is fortunate. But it does appear that @TwelveBaud has just been promoted as the new Chief of Police. This is bad. @izzion has tried paying off @TwelveBaud once or twice before, but has only gotten vague promises of silence. It seems you should have killed him when you had the chance.

@ChaosTheEternal, the boss’s son, has called everyone to gather at the family mansion. Before he arrives, the discussion starts getting heated. @cloak15 and @ben_lubar start things off by flinging accusations at each other, something about secret messages and banned logs. Or was it log bans? In any case, it doesn’t raise any eyebrows since those two are always arguing about such things. Then, out of nowhere, a shot rings out. When @ChaosTheEternal arrives, five of your number - @ben_lubar, @boomzilla, @loopback0, @Jaloopa, and @metac - lay dead, riddled with holes. A sixth, @accalia lays with her throat slit so deep she was almost decapitated. Off in the corner lies @Placeholder, apparently strangled with a necktie. After taking the scene in, @ChaosTheEternal is obviously a bit flustered. But, understanding the tension and confusion that you are all operating under, he instructs that the bodies be moved into the spare dining room and makes it clear that no further outbursts will be tolerated.

Once the mess is cleaned up and everyone is settled again, @ChaosTheEternal takes a head count. It looks like there might be more missing than expected, so he decides to leave one door unlocked while things get started. Then he reveals the plan. @RaceProUK was always a bit paranoid, and worried that something like this might happen. So she left a plan: everyone who is left shall gather in the mansion, the doors are to be locked, and then the traitors are to be ferreted out and killed. The doors are only to be unlocked once the family is no longer at war with itself.

Just as @ChaosTheEternal is about to lock the last door, Former Police Chief @aliceif charges in and begs for protection. After all, she reasons, she has protected the mafia from police investigation for years, it’s only fair to protect her from the new police chief now. Right?

• mod

• mod

It is now Day 1.

@LynchBot start

• Command Start game executed successfully in game 54455: Game is now ready to play

<!-- SockBot/2.11.10 (Cheery Chiffon; owner:abarker; user:lynchbot) 2016-02-05T15:38:25.966Z -->

• mod

Day 1 will end Tuesday at 1300 UTC-7

@lynchbot list-players

• ##Player List
    ###Living:

• Yamikuronue
    • sloosecannon
    • fbmac
    • aliceif
    • nocha
    • asdf
    • PleegWat
    • ChaosTheEternal
    • heterodox
    • captain
    • Maciejasjmj
    • xaade
    • cloak15
    • DoctorJones
    • FrostCat
    • Tsaukpaetra
    • cheater
    • Weng
    • japonicus
      ###Mod(s):
    • abarker
    • izzion
    • accalia
    <!-- SockBot/2.11.10 (Cheery Chiffon; owner:abarker; user:lynchbot) 2016-02-05T15:41:28.042Z -->

• Alright, alright, I'll let you in. But now that you're here, I think you could be part of the reason we're in this predicament.

* [i]@ChaosTheEternal then turns back to the door and shuts and locks it behind @aliceif.[/i]

Now then, since I'm a nice guy and all, instead of just picking who I like least and who I suspect most and just "shuffling" them out, I'll let all of you have a say in who should, ah, have an unfortunate accident.

* [i]@ChaosTheEternal claps his hands then walks toward the living area to plop himself on a couch. Before reaching the living room, he speaks one last line:[/i]

After all, rats are vermin, and no one cries for a dead rat.

• mod

Yamiko paces in the corner, clearly shaken by the whole ordeal.

Indeed, indeed... We have to find the vermin, and quickly, before anyone else gets hurt. Do we have the tools for a forensic inquiry on the bullets? Who was wearing a necktie when they came in?

• @Yamikuronue said:

Do we have the tools for a forensic inquiry on the bullets?

Who do you think we are, some bloody CSI crew? Ask that wench by the door if she brought something with her.

• mod

Sorry, sorry! I'm just a bit tense. I... I really liked @accalia, if you recall. I thought she and I could have been...

Yamiko wrings her hands, trying to force back a tear.

Anyway, the perpetrators should be our focus now. Right?

• @Yamikuronue said:

I really liked @accalia, if you recall. I thought she and I could have been...

*sigh* Zero respect for our dearly departed boss @RaceProUK. She must be twisting in her grave hearing those words.

@Yamikuronue said:

Anyway, the perpetrators should be our focus now. Right?

That's right, that's right. @ChaosTheEternal, does your plan reach any further than just barring the doors?

• mod

@Maciejasjmj said:

Zero respect for our dearly departed boss

Departed!? Yamiko jumps

Did I miss something? What do you know? I thought she was missing, did we find.... is there... ?

• * [i]From the living area, already now lounged across a couch, ChaosTheEternal yells out:[/i]

I told you what my plan was. Let you lugs go rat hunting.

OOC:

@Maciejasjmj said:

our dearly departed boss

In jail, not dead.

• @Yamikuronue said:

Departed!? Yamiko jumps

Did I miss something? What do you know? I thought she was missing, did we find.... is there... ?

Well, let's not fool ourselves, she's not one to just go missing for a few days and come back like nothing happened. Either some bottom-feeder family got to her, or the pigs - and in this city, both stories don't end well.

Serves me right for not reading the setup correctly.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Who the hell are you, @aliceif, and why the hell is @RaceProUK missing? Explain yourself!

• @ChaosTheEternal said:

I told you what my plan was. Let you lugs go rat hunting.

While you seat your reverent ass on the couch? Chris'sake, if you weren't @RaceProUK's son, I'd pop a cap in you without thinking.

But I guess we've got bigger things to worry about. @aliceif, care to enlighten us as to what the hell do you think you're doing here, and what your folks at the precinct are up to?

• Of course yer tense. We're all tense! Everything's goin to shit.

C.R. takes something of a long breath

And all we know is the boss got grabbed and then someone went to town on us. Sniffing out the rat's the fastest way to get us out of here and back to business. Waitin here's just gonna make all the work after that much harder. So, why don't we see who to start with, eh?

He gave something of a stink eye at ben

• @cloak15 said:

He gave something of a stink eye at ben

Methinks the dead are not much of a danger to us.

Well, I wish I could help, boss, but I don't even know half of the people here. That's what you get for never asking any questions, I guess.

• mod

Indeed... and the fact that you were arguing with Ben... not to point fingers, but isn't that what started this whole mess in the first place?

What am I doing here, anyway? I have a warehouse to run!

• @Yamikuronue said:

Indeed... and the fact that you were arguing with Ben... not to point fingers, but isn't that what started this whole mess in the first place?

Cuz I thought he was up to somethin! If us goin at it was gonna start that kinda mess, it'd have happened long before now. Look...why don't we start with how they all got offed. Ya got people shot, strangled and given an ear-ta-ear grin? That takes a lot more hate than anything I had...so who woulda gone that far?

• Impossible Mission Players - A

OOC: Unexpected fires today, anticipate interaction availability in 9 hours.

• @cloak15 said:

who woulda gone that far?

Seems a bit overly violent for the pigs, to be honest.

• Hey guys! I'm playing the game!

• Anyone knows anything about what the hell just happened here?

@aliceif, did the cops comment on anything that could explain this? Are we in a war for territory or something?

• @asdf said:

Well, I wish I could help, boss, but I don't even know half of the people here. That's what you get for never asking any questions, I guess.

Why do you not know half of the people in the family? How do you not know the old Chief of Police who's been our insurance policy for so long? "Never asking any questions" sounds like a preemptive defense to me.

@LynchBot vote @asdf

Since we're focusing on the perpetrators, what about the means of death? Some of us were shot, but some of us were killed significantly more... creatively. I assume what with the new Chief of Police the precinct might be our enemy now, but who else is?

• @heterodox voted for @asdf in post #31.

Vote text:

!vote @asdf
    <!-- SockBot/2.11.10 (Cheery Chiffon; owner:abarker; user:lynchbot) 2016-02-05T17:53:09.739Z -->

• @Captain said:

Hey guys! I'm playing the game!

What game? Seven people are dead and we're ferreting out the traitors, of which there may be multiple groups! This is no game! finger of suspicion

• @abarker said:

If you are not a live player, do not post in the thread. Dead players may not post in this thread. Keep your post-death cursing for Club Ded.

OOC: Our hypocritical headless mod!
    Yes, I know it was with permission; it just amused me and I couldn't reply before the game had started.

@heterodox said:

Why do you not know half of the people in the family? How do you not know the old Chief of Police who's been our insurance policy for so long? "Never asking any questions" sounds like a preemptive defense to me.

What? I'm the most loyal person in this room, I focus on doing my job. The less I know, the better: The cops will never get anything important out of me.

I would be highly suspicious of anyone who knows every single person in this organization. Such knowledge is dangerous!

@heterodox said:

finger of suspicion

So you just entered the room and already randomly accused two different people, @Captain and me. I'd say we kill you before someone starts another rampage in here. Five of our best people are already dead! Traitor or not: People like you are dangerous and bad for business!

@LynchBot vote @heterodox

• Whaz going on in here.

I hear all dis noize and shit.

@Yamikuronue said:

Yamiko paces in the corner, clearly shaken by the whole ordeal.

Yo Yami, wha iz this. What's happenin?

@abarker said:

lay dead, riddled with holes.

##Oh SHIT! :wtf:

@fbmac said:

did the cops comment

Fuck the cops.

They don't nos nuthin what goes on down here.

@abarker said:

Instead of waiting to head down to Earth, a small group of about 1 billion

They don't care about us running off. Long as they get theirs, we keep ours.

• Holly fuck! First day on the job and this shit happens! The Guv'nor said if I did what I was told, stayed out of the family business, then I'd never be near any trouble.
    Fuck, I was only meant to push boxes around. All I know is that I ain't done nothing wrong and I want to be out of here before the cops arrive.

@heterodox, whoa there. No need to point fingers so fast. I can't say I know him well, (what with this being my first day an all) but from where I'm standing @asdf looks like a regular wise guy.

• @asdf voted for @heterodox in post #36.

Vote text:

!vote @heterodox
    <!-- SockBot/2.11.10 (Cheery Chiffon; owner:abarker; user:lynchbot) 2016-02-05T18:13:32.942Z -->

• mod

@xaade said:

What's happenin?

I don't know, everyone was shouting and now people are dead and-- and everyone's pointing fingers and--

Yamiko chews on her lip

I don't know!

• @heterodox said:

vote @asdf

The fuck man?!

@japonicus said:

No need to point fingers so fast.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

@LynchBot vote @heterodox

• @Yamikuronue said:

Yamiko chews on her lip

I don't know!

Is Ok.

You ain't gotta worry bout nuthin!

• @xaade voted for @heterodox in post #41.

Vote text:

!vote @heterodox
    <!-- SockBot/2.11.10 (Cheery Chiffon; owner:abarker; user:lynchbot) 2016-02-05T18:14:58.155Z -->

• You jus sit back and... don't ju worry.

Hey listen up...

Before you all go crazy in here, we gots junior members in here.

This ain't the streets. Dis is still the Boss', Bless him raises one hand, other on heart, house.

So, we going to do this with all the respect and courtesy our Boss would want.

Yous knows he ain't no bloodthirsty tyrant. And there's order round here.

Ain't nobody going to tear shit up. So's I'm going to point my finger at whoever points there's without no proof. And you guys all know how heavy my finger is round here.

Got that!

• mod

Hmm, seems time for a count:

@LynchBot list-votes

• Votecount for Day 1

No lynch (0):
    asdf (1): heterodox
    heterodox (2): asdf, xaade
    Not Voting (16): Yamikuronue, japonicus, Maciejasjmj, fbmac, captain, PleegWat, DoctorJones, ChaosTheEternal, FrostCat, nocha, cheater, aliceif, Tsaukpaetra, cloak15, Weng, sloosecannon

With 19 playing, it's 10 to lynch!

<!-- SockBot/2.11.10 (Cheery Chiffon; owner:abarker; user:lynchbot) 2016-02-05T18:23:04.295Z -->

• mod

Oh good. I'm glad someone's taking charge of this mess. Yamiko smiles, shyly, tucking some hair behind her ear.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

At this time, I have only one thing to say:

God damned townie scum!

(Ooc:.workety work.work.work wtf)

• @japonicus said:

@asdf looks like a regular wise guy

That's the problem. We all look like regular wise guys. We need to not be afraid of pointing fingers and trying to learn more about our situation. We also need to be prepared to explain our history and justify our actions if a finger's pointed at us rather than overreacting.

We'll recover from this, but not by doing nothing.

@heterodox said:

We'll recover from this, but not by doing nothing.

Also not by acting like ben-belgium-lubar and shooting half the people we have left without a reason.

…I'm sorry, I didn't mean to swear. crosses himself

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.