Mafia III: Ronin Thread

• mod

Jeff'd from PM, our scum B thread

• Howd'y, Jarry.

I appear to be vanilla.

I've found that in not good with the initial RP, so I'm going to lay low for a day or so and let everyone get it out of their system.

I'm mobile, I'll be on a :doing_it_wrong:-approved computer in a bit.

• Hi. Sorry for the delay. I'm vanilla too. It looks like it's us against the world. Let's do this!

• Interesting, hopefully that means town is light on roles too, just a doc and a cop. I'm a little worried that we're so outnumbered, but I guess that's to protect town against no-show modkills.

• IDK, maybe there's another non-townie faction, or if what i know about ronins has something to do, once a samurai loses its master s/he becomes a ronin.

for now i think we should RP a little, and see how the day goes...

• Hopefully there's no cult, with just the two of us it will be very hard to overcome.

I just saw your interaction with Weng about the whole clan as proxy for mass-claiming thing that's been going on. We should probably pick (different) low-ranking clans to claim. My worry though is that there is a neighborhood/masonry along clan lines, and if we pick wrong it could out us.

No one has claimed Falcon or Bear yet, I'm leaning towards claiming Falcon should the need arise.

• Weng jumped right at that thing. Nocha claimed to be from weng's clan, and they didn't knew it. Bit that may be a gambit to out those without a clan. I worry top about a masonry that could out us. I'm not sure about claiming a clan yet. I think we maybe should playbalong with maciej's "the enemy is among the clama" theory. What do you think?
    (sorry for the format, i'm on Mobile right now)

• @Jarry said:

clamaclans

also, on what timezone are you? i think we should know when each other is around
    I'm on GMT -3

• Was going to ask you that as well.

I'm GMT-8 (Seattle), I'm most available around 7am and 7pm, but I check in through the day in case of emergency.

I found last game that activity usually picked up around 9am my time, which I assume is because of lunchtime on the US east coast.

• great, I'm currently working from home so i can be active almost anytime of the day. but i tend to be here around noon and after 7-8 pm to midnight here.

it looks like we're going for a no-lynch situation, but there's still 4 days to go...

right now, i think it's a good course for us

• Shoulda checked here before I posted in the main thread... I think we'll still end up with no-lynch, though I'd rather see two townies get it than (hopefully) just one. I'll reply to abarker and waffle a bit later today just in case.

I wonder of the votes for no-lynch are from people with night actions who are anxious to get going.

• meh, no problem, i said it to avoid looking suspicious, but yeah, if we en the day with one innocent dead it would be great

@reverendryan said:

I wonder of the votes for no-lynch are from people with night actions who are anxious to get going.

i was wondering the same thing. abarker is pushing for a no lynch, either he has some power he wants to use ASAP, or he has changed his mind about lynching since last game

• Ah shit. That's what I get for posting early in the morning. I'm going to hop on the fbmac wagon in a bit (mobile, etc) to try and deflect the conversation away from placeholder, assuming that doesn't happen on its own.

I think you should stay off this one just in case..

• Phew, looks like it didn't stick. Not really sure how I would have deflected it anyway, it was a stupid thing to say even if I were town. I'll lay low until tomorrow and won't post until I've had some coffee.

With all the votebot nonsense, I did an unofficial tally. I have fbmac @ 3, nolynch @ 2, me @ 1, and aliceif @ 0 (after fbmac's waffles).

@Yamikuronue, no hard feelings about the typo. I'll just pretend you let accalia type my name :smile:

• phew. we need to keep an eye on placeholder if he keeps pointing your way.
    right now it looks like poor fbmac is going to keep incriminating himself...

• Any thoughts on what I should say to get placeholder to switch his vote?

• it looks like placeholder's accusation backfired on him.
    i'm still catching up on the thread

• Xaade has me very confused.

• he has all of us confused :P right now he's being really helpful

anyway, this day will either end with a no-lynch or with someone who isn't us lynched...
    i think abarker may have some kind of investigative role..

• @Jarry said:

right now he's being really helpful

Seriously - if maciej dies, I get sorta-cleared? Nice...

@Jarry said:

i think abarker may have some kind of investigative role..

He was already my top pick. Now we just have to :wine_glass: about who gets protection tonight.

• OK, with night 12 hours away and it looking like a no-lynch, here's what I'm thinking: We have to plan for multiple investigative roles, including a cop and a tracker. I've probably drawn the attention of at least one, especially if placeholder has one, so I think you should execute tonight's kill. If it's a tracker that investigates me, I won't be at the scene.

Hopefully you're right and abarker has a power role. I don't have a good read on anyone else. Placeholder would be an obvious target, but it would put me in an awkward position in the morning. Maybe night 2 or 3. Nocha might be a good candidate as well.

• aaaand it's a no-lynch.

@reverendryan said:

I've probably drawn the attention of at least one, especially if placeholder has one, so I think you should execute tonight's kill.

yup, lets not take unnecesary risks.

placeholder is already a suspect, so i'll let him live for now..
    i think abarker is our best bet right now.

what do you think about the fbmac's claim? i think he's saying the truth, but it won't help him at all

• also yes, nocha looks like a good candidate for tomorrow

• @Jarry said:

what do you think about the fbmac's claim? i think he's saying the truth, but it won't help him at all

I don't know, I've never heard of a flavor cop before... Maybe he added flavor to the results? It should put him high on our list, but will take more than one precious night if he's really n-shot bp.

• @reverendryan said:

but will take more than one precious night if he's [fbmac] really n-shot bp.

I just realized that he's probably not. He was implying it for a while early on, but switched to asking for protection and made that strongman comment at the end. So, he probably is a day cop and wasn't sure how to report the results.

Anyway he will probably get the protection at least tonight, so I don't think that changes the plan at all.

• mod

So that's Jarry to kill Abarker?

• @reverendryan said:

I just realized that he's probably not. He was implying it for a while early on, but switched to asking for protection and made that strongman comment at the end. So, he probably is a day cop and wasn't sure how to report the results.

Anyway he will probably get the protection at least tonight, so I don't think that changes the plan at all.

yeah, re reading with that in mind makes me think that he is not BP, but right now we're better not taking chances with that

@Yamikuronue said:

So that's Jarry to kill Abarker?

yes, unless @reverendryan has any objection.

• No objection here.

• mod

Action received.

• Time for some celebratin'
    @reverendryan said:

Goal for this game: survive into and past day 2.

:tada: :fireworks: :confetti_ball:

• mod

You are confident in your plan as you send Jarry off to do the dastardly deed.

• @Yamikuronue said:

However, you are also are a member of the Yakuza, the elite crime syndicate in operation aboard the Kujaku. You have been hired by Daimyo Crane to take out the Wolf boy and eliminate all witnesses.

Holy double mafia, batman! I was wondering why we weren't the Yakuza. That also explains the "eliminate all threats" bit, too.

• yeah, now it makes more sense.
    collect their heads, i like it :stuck_out_tongue:

i believe it's a safe bet to think they were two of them like us. and we managed to take one of them on night 1! great

what's not so great is that fbmac spotted me. damn it.

i think our safest bet is to somehow convince him that i'm a vigilante( since it's one of his
    hypothesis) and that he shouldn't reveal my name. and last, make sure that he takes that secret to his grave :smiling_imp:
    but it is dangerous anyway.
    any idea about how to avoid him telling on me?

• it does seem doable to engate everything he says, he has discredited himself with the "day cop" enough, but if he says my name and then dies, i'm toasted when his role flips =/

• Convincing everyone that it must be a vigilante is going to be a narrow road. I would wait until more people have checked in before doing anything. There might be enough :wtf: floating around from fake-claiming daycop that no one believes him anyway- it doesn't seem like weng does.

• @reverendryan said:

I would wait until more people have checked in before doing anything. There might be enough :wtf: floating around from fake-claiming daycop that no one believes him anyway- it doesn't seem like weng does.

yes, you are right, it's not time for panic...
    it's time to be extra careful

• So he outed you, but then turned around and said "haha just kidding I'm actually a day cop", which should make it relatively easy for everyone to distrust him.

That said, the Yakuza probably now know you're a rival mafioso :frowning:

• He's doing everything he can to lose the trust of the town...
    I don't undersrand what he's trying to do.
    Also i'm without internet(a branch fell off and broke the cable) and my crappy phone can only read discourse, i will get a stable connection only in a few hours.

• Welp. I'm out of the net until tomorrow. @yamikuronue can you please relay this message to the main thread ?

• Oh come on, mafia on discourse via email - what could possibly go wrong :tomato:

• i'm back.

now, what to do, if i say i wasn't there, and fbmac dies, i'll be in a tough spot. if i say that i was there, what was i doing besides beheading abarker?

i need to think about this...

xaade just said this:

Let's assume he's the only yakuza left.
    why would he say that there's only one yakuza left? maybe he knows for sure... it's far fetched, but it somehow matches my theory about the yakuza being only two like us...

• @reverendryan said:

the Yakuza probably now know you're a rival mafioso

that too, or at least they suspect it.

• aand, if we believe what fbmac is saying there's at least one clan PM thread...

i think i'm claiming wanderer if someone pressures me.

• That's a good plan, but if anyone tracks you, itll either be to a kill or nowhere which will blow your cover.

Saw the clan thing. Glad we avoided that trap.

• What you did was better. I'll take the next kill, and if anyone still remembers that fbmac caught you and tracks you, you'll be asleep in your bunk.

I'm hoping for a no-lynch at this point, since fbmac is the only possible target. Looks like I got the pot stirred up! Unless xaade manages to get enough suspicion on nocha, I'm leaning towards nocha for tonight's trophy-gathering. If xaade is right and he's Yakuza he's a bigger threat to us than a townie.

I have a feeling that xaade is in the wolf neighborhood with fbmac, and that's why he's been trying to defend him without doing what maciej did in the last game.

• @xaade said:

I've made every effort to take the conversation off of you, and it hasn't worked.

Whups.

• uhm, @Yamikuronue she cited that from maciej's flip, i checked it....

• yes on both accounts. nocha is buying a lot of tickets for tonights jackpot :P and i have the same feeling about xaade and fbmac....

• mod

Correct. Sorry.

• another day, another no-lynch.

fbmac managed to put a neon sign over my head and made sure that no one is going to believe him. i'm still doubting if he's a menace or a blessing.

anyway, we're going after nocha?
    i'd like to know who's the other yakuza, but i think we're out of luck on that front

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.