GM/Game Queue

• mod

Let's do a queue, like they do on MafiaScum!

Reply here if you kinda want to run one someday. Add yourself to the pending queue when you have a setup more or less in mind. New GMs can bump repeats down the list, but otherwise first come first serve.

If you need help with tools or want to borrow a MafiaBot instead of setting up your own, look in GM Tools and Help.

Games Run

1. Release Mafia [TwelveBaud]
    2. Mafia in Spaaaace [Weng]
    3. Bushido Mafia [Yamikuronue]
    4. Reverse Mafia [abarker]
    5. Corporate Mafia [Maciejasjmj]
    6. Spellars Town Council [accalia]
    7. Bushido Mafia II [Yamikuronue] (12 players, closed setup)
    8. Nuclear Missile Mafia [Weng]
    9. Flame War Mafia [Fox] (Normal/Near A-Bastard)
    10. Normal Mafia Really! Pinkie Swears! [accalia] (Normal)
    11. The Resistance [r10pez10] (Not really Mafia)
    12. Limbo Mafia [Vault_Dweller]
    13. Shipwreck Mafia [Maciejasjmj]
    14. Run townie run [dangeRoss]

Current Game

1. Secret Kung Fuhrer [JazzyJosh]

Pending Games

1. Coptastrophe Mafia (Normal, Semi-OpenSetup) [Accalia]
    2. I guess I should run another mafia someday [yamikuronue]
    3. Wine In Front Of Mafia (Semi-open setup, Full Reveal, Normal) [Fox]
    4. Forum Mafia ( semi-open setup, possibly bastard) [CreatedToDislikeThis]
    5. Reverse Mafia II (Normal) [abarker]
    6. Another Mafia [vault_dweller]
    7. 五行思想マフィア [raceprouk]
    8. Werwolf [heterodox]
    9. Blind Mafia [accalia]

Maybe someday

1. Dwarf Fortress [ben_lubar] (semi-open setup)
    2. don't push the button [TwelveBaud] (9 players) [On hold pending Twelvebaud ever coming back]
    3. Glass Houses Mafia [izzion] (Normal, Semi-Open setup) [dropped]

@ben_lubar said in GM Tools and Help:

Note to GMs

Make sure you contact @ben_lubar (or if he's dead or on vacation or something, whoever took his place) as soon as possible with the required groups for your game when it's your turn. Current Game and Club Ded go without saying.

As soon as the forums and groups are set up, make placeholder topics so the site CSS can be edited to highlight GM posts. If you want a highlight color other than yellow, be sure to point that out before the CSS is applied.

It is preferable to choose co-GMs as soon as possible (if you want co-GMs) as their posts will also need special CSS.

• mod

I'd be willing to run a second game, btw.

• mod

@Yamikuronue said:

first come first server.

-snicker-

• mod

Would you believe autocomplete? :innocent:

• mod

Maybe …

• mod

• I'm up for running one at some point. Would want to get a couple more plays under my belt first, and think up a scenario, but later this year I'm game :smile:

• Same here. I think my play still paints me as the rookie I am (and if not its beginners luck), but I also want to give back. Maybe this spring or summer.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

I have ideas cooking. Less bastardy ideas.

• @Weng said:

Less bastardy ideas.

And here was me hoping you would run another bastardy game! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I'm being a bastard about the level of bastardy.

• I wouldn't mind, but I'm not terribly punctual.

I suppose my bastardization would be randomizing the end of each day....?

Actually, just realized, it'd be fun to do an Elder Scrolls themed one.

Deadric items could replace the roles.

Wabbajack = random effect
    Ebony Mail = bodyguard effect

etc.

SK = brotherhood.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@Weng said:

beia

?

Fucking mobile keyboard

• Impossible Mission Players - A

Reverse Mafia sounds interesting indeed...

• Signed up after @abarker, it's only fair to give him a chance to blow another game out of the water lead his faction without interference .

Mwahahaha.

• @Yamikuronue said:

5. Corporate Mafia [Maciejasjmj]

I would love to be able to lynch some people here in the office

• @reverendryan said:

Same here. I think my play still paints me as the rookie I am (and if not its beginners luck), but I also want to give back. Maybe this spring or summer.

You and/or @nocha could provide us some time waster before @abarker starts the next game.

Is that possible? Maybe 12h days and nights in a flavorless setup?

• mod

@Tsaukpaetra said:

Reverse Mafia sounds interesting indeed...

• mod

7 posts were split to a new topic: Game Style Discussion: Plurality Voting & Nightless

• mod

@Maciejasjmj : Are you ready to DM? When do you plan to start? I'd like to get some bot upgrades in before the next game, so I'm curious what my deadline is. If not, feel free to move yourself down the list

• I dunno, I'm terrible at estimates!

It'll take me a while to get my notes together, so let's say 2,5-3 weeks, with a few days after signup off? If people want a game sooner I can get to it.

• @Yamikuronue said:

Are you ready to DM?

As it turns out, I am!

Signup now open.

• For a second there, I thought meta.d.

• area_deu

@Maciejasjmj said:

For a second there, I thought meta.d.

Bastard GMs in every game!

@Maciejasjmj said:

For a second there, I thought meta.d.

Everyone dies before the first night due to an unexpected XSS exploit?

• Lynches result in suspension from site for the duration of the game.

@boomzilla said:

Lynches result in suspension from site for the duration of the all future games.

<s

• @PJH said:

@boomzilla said:
    Lynches result in suspension from site for the duration of the all future games.

Lynching is a :barrier: to civilised :disco: :horse:, letting people do that would be :doing_it_wrong:

• Yeah, and they were complete jackasses in the interforum Mafia tournament. Not as bad as the hosts, who awarded themselves all the trophies regardless of merit, but still pretty evil.

• Reposting here because I didn't spend 15 minutes copying and pasting links for nothing!

@ben_lubar said in Mafia V - Corporate Mafia Club Ded:

If I ever do Dwarf Fortress Mafia, I'm going to have three burrows named crimson, scarlet, and maroon. I will refer to each as "the red team" to avoid confusion. If any mods are playing, I'll have them additionally be in the fortress guard and armed with the highest quality cloth war hammers. The mayor Mebzuth Tosidonrel died suddenly and now everyone has to calmly find the silent killer. The dwarves have decided to ban immigration, so there won't be any new blood until we can elect a new mayor. Foreigners are to be shot on sight.

There might also be some lovers, but the game won't last long enough for parasites to be a problem.

Also because I want to ask if anyone would be interested in playing.

I'd like to run a Mafia Flame War.

Normal game, Closed Setup, Instant Night

• sockdevs

i'll put nyself in for another round.

this time actually Normal, Instant Night, Semi-Closed Setup.

• @accalia said in GM/Game Queue:

Semi-Closed

How does that differ from Semi-Open?

@ben_lubar said in GM/Game Queue:

It doesn't.

• sockdevs

it depends on which side of the door you are standing.

• @accalia What is there to close in a real mafia-with-guaranteed-night-kill normal vanilla powerless game? The number of mafia players?

• sockdevs

@PleegWat said in GM/Game Queue:

vanilla powerless

i said nothing about powerless!

@PleegWat Vanilla != Normal

• sockdevs

@accalia said in GM/Game Queue:

this time actually Normal, Instant Night, Semi-Closed Setup.

I'm announcing the game theme for my next game now.

Blind Mafia

Das rules (subject to change, suggestions welcome)

• There will be no mafia thread. Mafia members will know that they are mafia, but will not know who the other mafia are.
    • Players will be randomly arranged into neighborhoods, each neighborhood will have a private communication channel.
    • The game will be instant night. Night actions (including the lynch) will be inputted durring the day, before the lynch.
      • there will be a 12-24 hour window between the lynch and the start of the next day for flavour purposes. Comminications in sidechannels will be allowed, but main channel communication will not be allowed during this lull. (this is mostly so i have time to properly create GM flavour for the night actions (and for any updates the helper bot may need))
      • Any player that has a night action but does not specify a target before the lynch will have the target of their action randomly assigned. And additional random penalty night action may be added for missing checkins, metagaming, or missing night actions (for players that have them)
      • Any player that has a night action and the mafia may change the registration of their night action/kill as often as they wish before the lynch, you are only locked in when the hammer falls.
      • Any Mafia player that does not vote for the night kill target by the lynch will be determined to have abstained from the night lynch.
      • The Mafia player carrying out the night kill will be randomly determined from the pool of living mafia players
    • All flips will be full reveal flips
    • All power roles used in this game will be full and truthfully be revealed as part of game setup, with no red herrings, but the number of players assigned to each role will not be revealed. If a role is listed at least one, possibly more players will have that role

Under our new rules of categorization i believe this would qualify as Normal, although the randomization of power role targets for players that do not manually specify before the lynch and the randomization of the mafia player that will carry out the night kill might be argued that it makes the game Non Normal Non Bitch instead.

• mod

There will be no mafia thread. Mafia members will know that they are mafia, but will not know who the other mafia are.

So you're fully taking away the one advantage the mafia have: knowing who's on their side. I may sit this one out too since the mafia are going to have the short end of the stick, statistically speaking, in this setup.

Any Mafia player that does not vote for the night kill target by the lynch will be determined to have abstained from the night lynch.

What is the mechanic for resolving a tie on mafia votes? Since the mafia cannot communicate, they have no way of nominating or campaigning for specific targets. As a result, the mafia could easily end up in a scenario where they each vote for a different target, or the votes get split evenly. What happens then? This sounds like a dynamic that would have a better chance in an in-person game than a PBP game.

• Impossible Mission Players - A

@abarker said in GM/Game Queue:

What is the mechanic for resolving a tie on mafia votes?

Each mafia gets their own kill. Town won't know what hit them! And, I suppose, neither will other mafia...

• sockdevs

So you're fully taking away the one advantage the mafia have: knowing who's on their side.

true true. maybe the town will win for once. :trolleybus:

Seriously though i'm thinking about handling that. I can handle it by:

• allowing some sort of message semi limited passing, probably mediated by the bot (i'm leaning towards this one really)
    • Allowing the mafia to know the name of one other mafia member
    • Over populating the mafia slightly

between some combination of that and the fact that i'm planning on going a bit heavy on investigation roles should allow the mafia to recover eventually from the lack of information

I may sit this one out too since the mafia are going to have the short end of the stick, statistically speaking, in this setup.

:-( but you're one of the best players!

well...... if you insist on sitting it out would you like to co-GM with me on this one?

What is the mechanic for resolving a tie on mafia votes?

given the randomization already planned i was thinking pick randomly amongst the players with the highest number of votes.

i've got several more games in line ahead of me so plenty of time to plan this one and sort out the best way to balance the setup.

• @abarker said in GM/Game Queue:

So you're fully taking away the one advantage the mafia have: knowing who's on their side.

As long as the Mafia is balanced to account for that, it's not a bad idea. You had a Traitor in the game yourself, didn't you?

Mafia will have to work much harder, trying to pick scumtells up themselves, deducing from the night kills who would want to see whom dead, and gambling on the neighbourhood deal - if there are two neighbours and the other guy looks scummy, should I reveal myself to potentially gain an ally, or should I not risk incriminating myself?

I myself would add a little twist to the formula - everybody is allowed to communicate with anyone else in a private channel. Though I don't know how much of an organization mess it would be - the mod would need to keep watch over the conversations to avoid role card leakage.

• @accalia said in GM/Game Queue:

allowing some sort of message semi limited passing, probably mediated by the bot (i'm leaning towards this one really)

Something along the lines of "a member of the mafia suggests you use your night kill on [so and so]"?

Maybe the mafia thread exists, but only the bot can post to it?

• mod

between some combination of that and the fact that i'm planning on going a bit heavy on investigation roles should allow the mafia to recover eventually from the lack of information

Ok, that could help, assuming there are enough players. I may have to play to help keep the numbers up. :P

but you're one of the best players!
    well...... if you insist on sitting it out would you like to co-GM with me on this one?

Actually, since you're using some elements that I was planning to (at a completely different level than I was going to, admittedly ;)), that sounds like an intriguing idea … let me think about it.

given the randomization already planned i was thinking pick randomly amongst the players with the highest number of votes.

The mafia will never know what hit them! I mean …

@Maciejasjmj said in GM/Game Queue:

I myself would add a little twist to the formula - everybody is allowed to communicate with anyone else in a private channel. Though I don't know how much of an organization mess it would be - the mod would need to keep watch over the conversations to avoid role card leakage.

Something along the lines of "a member of the mafia suggests you use your night kill on [so and so]"?

Maybe the mafia thread exists, but only the bot can post to it?

Hmmm … You know what @accalia, I have a few ideas that could make this very interesting. I think I will take you up on your co-GM offer. :D

• Hmm, I'm thinking if I do Dwarf Fortress Mafia it'll be a semi-open-setup full-reveal bastard game.

"Here's a list of the roles that might be in the game. I won't lie to you. I just lied."

• Ok, I had the best idea ever:

Secret Hitler... Set in the Kung Fury universe.

Can you stop Kung Fuhrer from coming into power?

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.