So this is a thing...

• So rone-ree...

• BINNED

You asked a question and got no help with it! Keep it up!

:doing_it_wrong: wants you to feel special, always.

• FoxDev

Wow, you get a :badger: for being totally ignored. Way to go :doing_it_wrong:.

• What does "Using karma for angularjs blah blah...." mean in this context ?

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

Karma is a test runner, I think. AngularJS and RequireJS are javascript libraries; Angular is a framework, Require is dependency management.

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

My tumbleweed badge says it was for this question, which later got answered:

I also got one on SQA.SE, not that that's hard:

• @Yamikuronue said:

Karma is a test runner, I think. AngularJS and RequireJS are javascript libraries; Angular is a framework, Require is dependency management

I salute your answering my question in earnest. TIL something. Thanks

• Yeah. I got that a couple months ago.

StackOverflow now MOCKS YOU when the site is useless. Which is always is, because if I'm in enough of a pickle to attempt using it, I'm WAY over the threshold of having a question simple enough that the idiot users trying to get internetpointzzz will pay attention to it.

• Yeah, that's been a thing for as long as SO has been a thing, about 7 years and change now IIRC.

• Aren't badges supposed to be for behavior you want to encourage in your user-base? That's the whole point of "gamification". Why would you create a badge to reward people asking questions that nobody else cares enough to answer or even bother reading?

• @Onyx said:

wants you to feel special, always.

It's working.

@Yamikuronue said:

Karma is a test runner, I think. AngularJS and RequireJS are javascript libraries; Angular is a framework, Require is dependency management.

I can confirm.

@Yamikuronue said:

My tumbleweed... Mocking for MXUnit

@blakeyrat said:

StackOverflow now MOCKS YOU

My tumbleweed... stackoverflow unit-testing blakeyrat.

@David_C said:

Why would you create a badge to reward people asking questions that nobody else cares enough to answer or even bother reading?

These are the questions that keep me awake at night.

• @David_C said:

Aren't badges supposed to be for behavior you want to encourage in your user-base?

I think they're just there to ensure the site's really shitty. Like all "gamification" features.

@David_C said:

Why would you create a badge to reward people asking questions that nobody else cares enough to answer or even bother reading?

The problem is there's two types of those questions:

1. Questions that are unreadable garbage

2. Questions that require more than 59 nanoseconds of thought (since those questions aren't "profitable" for gaining internetpointzzz, nobody touches them)

The second case is... pretty much every question I've attempted to get answered there.

Neither of those two scenarios warrants a badge for the asker. If they really wanted to make the site better, have a human filter for the second case, then add on a internetpointzzz bounty to encourage the users to answer it.

But they don't care about making the site better. They've just turned it into another Wikipedia, where the inmates (people crazy about internetpointzzz) are running the asylum.

EDIT: if they want a badge, how about they give a badge to everybody who viewed the question but didn't answer it. They could call it, like, "you've been disappointed by this shitty website too!" or if they frequently answer with one-liners, maybe, "you don't have the attention span to handle a question requiring actual thought!"

But still. Don't blame the asker. They're the ones who got screwed in the deal.

• Fake News

@blakeyrat said:

If they really wanted to make the site better, have a human filter for the second case, then add on a internetpointzzz bounty to encourage the users to answer it.

They do have the revival and necromancer badges for people who want to dig out old questions. Nobody cares.

• Right; but the problem isn't answering OLD questions, it's answering DIFFICULT questions.

If someone came to SO and got a "necromancer" badge for answering my question on how the fuck do you do a file upload using multipart/form-data using WebAPI 2, well, great I guess, but we solved that the shitty way 6 months ago and moved on. It's useless to me now.

• @blakeyrat said:

If someone came to SO and got a "necromancer" badge for answering my question on how the fuck do you do a file upload using multipart/form-data using WebAPI 2, well, great I guess, but we solved that the shitty way 6 months ago and moved on. It's useless to me now.

Yes, but not necessarily useless to other people who have a similar problem and run across the question/answer as a part of a search. That's also one of SO's stated purposes.

• Great, but that doesn't help draw me (a new user) into using that fucking useless site that's fucking utterly useless.

• @blakeyrat said:

if they frequently answer with one-liners

"Comedian" badge?

@blakeyrat said:

Great, but that doesn't help draw me (a new user) into using that fucking useless site that's fucking utterly useless.

Redundancy badge?

My ex-boss: "We're replacing you with a junior dev."

Redundancy badge.

• Can be earned multiple times.
    • Can be used as a title, but why would you want to?