🔥 Men: Confess Your Support for Hillary Clinton

• Excerpt:

So I put it to my readers. I don’t want to hear any third-party stories about your co-workers or your brother-in-law. I am only looking for a man who will say in a simple declarative way the following:

1. I plan to vote for Hillary Clinton.
    2. I am aware of her comments about men being less capable than women.
      That’s all I am looking for.

TOP COMMENTER response:

Scott, you just met your man. I definitely will vote for Hillary. She is, IMHO, a true stateswoman. And she is sexy as well. She is ingratiating, warm, has an infectious laugh, is a shrewd cattle futures trader, has a good, tight leash on her moronic husband, has two wonderful brothers who add to her credibility as a humanitarian, she's smart as a S-M whip, she's more pear-shaped than an actual pear, she knows how to pick girlfriends (Mrs. Weiner), she has a wonderful daughter who made $500,000 for a half-year's non-work at NBC, she was a truly GREAT Secretary of State as her air miles prove, she out maneuvered the genius Trey Gowdy through eleven hours of testimony, she said she was going to get that video maker who caused Benghazi and she did, she survived a hail of gunfire as she exited the plane in Kosovo (or wherever the hell it was) ... I could go on all day.

So yes, Virginia, there is a man who supports Hillary Clinton and it is me, David Brock, Clinton-basher turned Clinton-apologist, despicable human being throughout. And oh, I'm also Sidney Blumenthal so there's two men.

• I like this guy:

I see one clear advantage to a Hillary Clinton presidency. Her eventual presidential library will be really, really small -- without a shred of evidence.

• This whole run feels like a pick between evils to me.

Then again, so did most of the prior ones.

• I'm warming up to the idea of Trump to punish the Democrats for having to live through Obama.

• She seems to have given up on her tilting-at-windmills attempt to have the Federal Government censor video game content, so.

I can't say I'd vote for her for sure, it depends on who else is running.

• @boomzilla said:

I'm warming up to the idea of Trump to punish the Democrats for having to live through Obama.

You folks are a country with 300M population and those are the best people for the task of running the whole mess you can come up with.

Goddamnit.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@PleegWat said:

This whole run feels like a pick between evils to me.

I'm voting Cthulu in 2016. Why settle for the lesser evil?

@Maciejasjmj said:

You folks are a country with 300M population and those are the best worst people for the task of running the whole mess you can come up with.

Who said we were looking for the best people?

• We do it to piss off all those Europeans who were like, "man the US is so influential, the EU should get a vote for their President" during previous elections.

Doesn't really matter anyway, we're all just marking time until that clone of Abraham Lincoln reaches 35 years of age.

• @antiquarian said:

So, you're saying that the presidency is the ultimate step in the Dilbert Principle?

• @antiquarian said:

WE THE PEOPLE do want the best, usually. Those well-connected, however, who heavily influence who is even allowed to run - that's another matter entirely.

@redwizard said:

WE THE PEOPLE do want the best, usually.

We the people don't have a prayer of agreeing on who is the best. The one who would be the best for half of us would be the worst for the other half, and vice versa. The more cynical of us would say that this is by design.

@powerlord said:

So, you're saying that the presidency is the ultimate step in the Dilbert Principle?

Possibly. Given how little really changes compared to the campaign promises of Presidents from both parties, it's plausible.

• @blakeyrat said:

Doesn't really matter anyway, we're all just marking time until that clone of Abraham Lincoln reaches 35 years of age.

Shouldn't be much longer, those clones were created way way back in the 1980s.

• @antiquarian said:

The more cynical of us would say that this is by design.

Trump would have the advantage (from my point of view) that no one would in the government would want to work with him.

I actually voted for Hillary in 2008. My state has open primaries and I judged that she would be a worse general election candidate than Obama. Plus the Republican race was effectively decided and there was no one interesting to vote for at that point.

• @antiquarian said:

We the people don't have a prayer of agreeing on who is the best. The one who would be the best for half of us would be the worst for the other half, and vice versa. The more cynical of us would say that this is by design.

Sometimes I wonder if splitting the country up wouldn't be a bad thing. More people would get the leader they want, and theoretically they'd be leaving each other alone.

Right now the system is set up that whoever is in charge spends most of his time intentionally trying to piss off the opposition rather than being a simple administrator of government. If the opposition is mostly in a different country I'd expect that to go away. It could also provide some evidence for which side's methods actually work, though both sides are so convinced of their own ideals that I doubt the experiment would be meaningful.

Although a significant argument could be made that the original design of having states with their own governments had this in mind, but our central government is now so strong that it doesn't work that way anymore.

• @mott555 said:

Sometimes I wonder if splitting the country up wouldn't be a bad thing.

It made Ken Burns a lot of money.

@boomzilla said:

Trump would have the advantage (from my point of view) that no one would in the government would want to work with him.

In that case he's got my vote. The only better candidate would be a co-worker from my last job who said he would run on a platform of "I just want a pension". He promises to do absolutely nothing during his term because he just wants the pension.

• @boomzilla said:

I judged that she would be a worse general election candidate

Ah, instead of choosing the lesser of the evils, the "choose the bad guy most likely to fail" strategy.

• @mott555 said:

Although a significant argument could be made that the original design of having states with their own governments had this in mind, but our central government is now so strong that it doesn't work that way anymore.

Yeah, a lot of the original system has nearly completely gone away. Easy communication means that you're more likely to bond with people far away who agree with you on stuff than you are with local people. Also, more people have opinions about the sorts of things government does, which is really a shame because IMO that's a symptom of the government doing too much for / to people.

@antiquarian said:

He promises to do absolutely nothing during his term because he just wants the pension.

I'm against it (Horse Feathers) – 03:04
    — durf2003

• @HardwareGeek said:

Ah, instead of choosing the lesser of the evils, the "choose the bad guy most likely to fail" strategy.

Actually, it was my way of trying to choose the lesser of evils: John McCain.

• Meh, whoever wins, the same king on the shadows will keep ruling.

[spoiler]Let's see how long before some pendant points out he's not a king... yet[/spoiler]

• @Eldelshell said:

he's not a king.

But man can he bust a move ... Look at him going! Fascinating!

• @PleegWat said:

This whole run feels like a pick between evils to me.

Yeah, but this time I'm finally ready to vote for whatever ass the R party decides to nominate.

• @Luhmann said:

But man can he bust a move ... Look at him going! Fascinating!

He also seems to be able to emit many-colored laser beams from his ass.

Pretty spry for a guy in his 60's.

He's got my vote!

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@anotherusername said:

Yeah, but this time I'm finally ready to vote for whatever ass the R party decides to nominate.

Is this not presidential? :P

• @Eldelshell said:

Meh, whoever wins, the same king on the shadows will keep ruling.

:question:

Is that racist?

@boomzilla said:

Is that racist?

Ask @Fox.

• No, why?

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@boomzilla said:

I'm warming up to the idea of Trump to punish the Democrats for having to live through Obama.

I genuinely don't know if you're joking or if you really think that M.A.D. is a viable option.

@Polygeekery said:

Is this not presidential?

OH MY LORD, HOW DARE THE PRESIDENT BE A HUMAN BEING WITH FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS AND COMPASSION.

@Fox said:

OH MY LORD, HOW DARE THE PRESIDENT BE A HUMAN BEING WITH FEELINGS AND EMOTIONS AND COMPASSION.

Exactly. Now you are getting it.

I don't want a president that makes emotional decisions. I want him to make reasoned, logical decisions so that we follow the correct course of action.

@Polygeekery said:

I don't want a president that makes emotional decisions.

Like crying while discussing his grandmother, who had just died that day?

Totally a course of action upon which we should have involved Congress and held a popular vote for, right?

You fucking piece of shit.

• When 50 of his sons shoot and kill each other each weekend in Chicago, he doesn't cry. In fact he doesn't seem to care about that at all. I guess he's a closet racist who doesn't think black lives matter.

• @Fox said:

I genuinely don't know if you're joking or if you really think that M.A.D. is a viable option.

No doubt. Neither do I genuinely know :wtf: you're talking about.

@Fox said:

Like crying while discussing his grandmother, who had just died that day?

Why was that even something that was discussed publicly?

@Fox said:

Totally a course of action upon which we should have involved Congress and held a popular vote for, right?

Then how about this one?

President Obama Cries Over Connecticut Shooting 14.12.2012 – 03:48
    — hi5ViralNews

"I react not as a President, but as a parent."

I don't want someone who reacts as a parent. I am emotional and irrational when it comes to the thought of someone harming my children. Which is why someone should not make decisions with that frame of mind. If you do, you end up with bullshit like this:

@Fox said:

You fucking piece of shit.

You fucking retard.

• I'd like to see Trump win, just for the fallout that'd ensue.

Things are too predictably boring right now. I want to see him organize a game show to pick his cabinet. Or decide to annex Mexico. Or whatever shit he'd come up with.

• @cartman82 said:

I'd like to see Trump win, just for the fallout that'd ensue.

Yeah, the U.S. could have a president who's banned from some of its greatest allies (U.K. and Canada and who knows where else). Awesome.

Can you blame them?

• We're so divided, half of Americans will be embarrassed regardless of who wins. In today's political climate half of Americans would be embarrassed if George Washington was resurrected and elected.

• Strangely, I think you Americans would still be better off with him than Hillary.

In fact, he'd be the perfect president. Completely ineffectual and unable to do anything.

• Oh, but he does care about gun violence. It's just that the only tool in his toolbox is even more gun control laws that, by definition, only law-abiding citizens will follow.

• I don't think Trump would be that ineffective. He's about the only candidate who has a history of being massively successful at almost everything he does.

Filed Under: This post is not necessarily an endorsement for Trump.

• @Bort said:

Yeah, the U.S. could have a president who's banned from some of its greatest allies (U.K. and Canada and who knows where else).

So we'd save money on Presidential boondoggle travel? Sign me up.

@blakeyrat said:

I can't say I'd vote for her for sure, it depends on who else is running.

At this point in time you might as well assume it'll be Trump. He could flame out, but so far he shows no signs of it.

• Eh. Look what happened to Howard Dean.

Things can turn around in an instant.

@blakeyrat said:

Eh. Look what happened to Howard Dean.

Things can turn around in an instant.

I understand that. But if you read Scott Adams' blog--he's been talking about this for a while now; I heard about it on another blog--Adams points out that Trump is a deal maker, a master salesman. Dean wasn't.

I'm hearing that polls show up to 25% of black people would (at least consider a) vote for Trump, because they're sick of being taken for granted by Democrats. And a decent percentage of other Democrats would, as well. In the last two races, IIRC, if the Republican candidate had gotten something like 20% of blacks and/or Latinos, either of them would've won. The only thing keeping Democrats viable right now at the national level is their at-times hysterical[1] Republican-bashing.

[1] You wanna talk about a war on women? Stop listening to people who say 1 in 5 college women get raped, and start paying attention to the hundreds of women in Germany, Finland, and so on, who were sexually assaulted by crowds of men.

• couldn't care less for politics or elections. I still always choose to vote null (if obliged) or simply not vote.

so yeah, I'd vote for Hillary or Trump only if they're not a real option (so the vote would count as null, and supposing I'd ever had that right to vote in the us'ed).

@redwizard said:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/137154519751/men-confess-your-support-for-hillary-clinton

Excerpt:

So I put it to my readers. I don’t want to hear any third-party stories about your co-workers or your brother-in-law. I am only looking for a man who will say in a simple declarative way the following:

1. I plan to vote for Hillary Clinton.
    2. I am aware of her comments about men being less capable than women.
      That’s all I am looking for.

without looking at the links, this already triggered me into talking about Scott. that asshole.

@FrostCat said:

You wanna talk about a war on women?

nope. but, since you brought it up and I'm already so close... feminism is bullshit. being assaulted by crowds is not. so, there is something to feminism despite all of its bullshit. I'd rather just call it something like humanism, though. it might help.

@cregox said:

so, there is something to feminism despite all of its bullshit.

When the feminists go to the Islamic world I will agree. Not before. Currently, their deafening silence on the plight of women in the Islamic world is damning.

• @FrostCat said:

When the feminists go to the Islamic world I will agree. Not before.

If they keep the same philosophy then there's nothing they can do to convince me they aren't bullshit. If they get rid of the bullshit then they have a chance at not being bullshit.

• area_deu

I'll just leave this here:

I have no idea how reliable that source is, but it's a hilarious read.

• @mott555 said:

half of Americans would be embarrassed if George Washington was resurrected and elected.

What, that rich, white, slave-owning bastard? I'd be embarrassed to see him in the White House again. (/s?)

• @mott555 said:

I don't think Trump would be that ineffective. He's about the only candidate who has a history of being massively successful at almost everything he does.

But he hasn't been nearly as successful as Fiorina!

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.