Scat.ebay.co.uk

• [URL=http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotii1.png][IMG]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9568/screenshotii1.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

Had me worried for a moment while the page was loading.

• Umm.... what are we supposed to looking for in this?     

• Well, you might look up 'scat' in a dictionary.

• I'm a little confused, too, aside from the "which of these doesn't belong" quiz such as Jewelry and Golf Clubs.

EDIT: I was going to include the "scat" reference, but figured it might be a little obscure for some people. But, now that someone else mentioned it.. that's the other thing I noticed, too. On Reference.com, take a look at #3 .. as in scatology.

EDIT #2: AAAHH!! I didn't catch the part.. while the page was loading. So yeah.. it's the address. The screenshot just threw me off.

• I really need to think before I post. And that edit timeout thing is irritating.

I see this type of abbreviating all the time. Just recently someone decided to name their variable for an Excel worksheet this: sht. At first glance, what does it look like to you? In another company I worked for, they actually had to send out an e-mail telling people to quit abbreviating "Association" with "Ass." and use "Assoc." instead. Some people are really ignorant of what those things look like to an outside observer.

• @quamaretto said:

Well, you might look up 'scat' in a dictionary.

Ahh... I never knew that definition. I just knew the music reference, and didn't see how that applied to anything. 

• @AbbydonKrafts said:

I see this type of abbreviating all the time. Just recently someone decided to name their variable for an Excel worksheet this: sht. At first glance, what does it look like to you? In another company I worked for, they actually had to send out an e-mail telling people to quit abbreviating "Association" with "Ass." and use "Assoc." instead. Some people are really ignorant of what those things look like to an outside observer.

One of our modules on my current project -- the "Analyzer Simulator" -- is abbreviated AnalSim.

Greeeeeat.

• @AbbydonKrafts said:

I really need to think before I post. And that edit timeout thing is irritating.

[b]T[/b]he other one I see quite a bit is Analysis shortened to Anal.

• Microsoft Visual SourceSafe comes with a database "repair" tool named analyze.exe

Having had to admin Visual SourceSafe in the past I can tell you that tool is certainly well named. If you're not feeling wretched enough simply because of VSS, you'll certainly feel a lot worse after you've been anal-yzed.

• @AbbydonKrafts said:

You're right, of course, but when I happen to be assigned as a resource on one of my buddy's projects I'll sometimes do that very thing to irritate him.  Like naming variables groupAssList for group assignments and that sort of thing.  I feign ignorance later.  He hates me.

• Microsoft has a shared source license that is similar to the GPL. It's called the Academic Shared Source license. Go ahead. Abbreviate that.

Every time I'm in a conversation with people online and the discussion turns to legal matters, someone types "IANAL" meaning "I Am Not A Lawyer", and I come across some sentence that sounds like this in my head: "I anal, but the law seems to mean this." I always have this weird dissociative moment where I wonder why we needed to know what he likes to do with his ass.

Occasionally, when asked to evaluate some document via email, I'll express my opinion by saying it should go down in the anals of history. The sort of people who earn this comment never understand it, but if there are other people on the cc: list, we often get together and giggle about it later.

If you search the internet, you may find an old keyboard buffer driver for DOS named "BigWilly" which comes with ASM source. I wrote this in the mid 1980s or so. Every comment and label and variable name is just one long extended dick joke. Yeah, like that.