Twitter sends its love to you



  • <fuck you dicksauce>1. Browse some hashtag.

    1. Read some dozen tweets.
    2. Find a video that seems interesting.
    3. Play it.
      4.76. KORWiN
    4. While listening, scroll down about one screen-ful to read further posts.
    5. Some crappy video auto-plays.
    6. Pause it, realize the video you were watching before stops playing.
    7. Scroll up, see that it has completely reset so you don't even know where you left off!

    Fuck you Twitter.


  • Dupa

    TRWTF is KORWiN, right?



  • That's the default behavior on all players on Tizen (at least was some time ago). Someone, in their great Korean wisdom, declared that no one can ever play more than one media clip. So if you play a video, scroll, play another, the first one will get nuked whether you want it or not. You can forget about playing stuff in the background etc.



  • @kt_ said:

    TRWTF is KORWiN, right?
    He's 73 or so, for fuck's sake. At this age people retire, mow their lawns and yell at kids to get off 'em. Instead, he makes internets sad and stupid by spreading his senility all over them.



  • I would need to test but this happens in other devices (Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG). There can only be one player object on your HTML.

    @Gaska said:

    8. Scroll up, see that it has completely reset so you don't even know where you left off!

    This problem would be very hard to tackle. I mean, somehow, the player, would need to recognize that it's not on the screen anymore and pause. You can do this with some focus + window position magic, but maybe it's a huge edge case they haven't tested or since some players behave differently between browsers (Flash or HTML5 video) it would be impossible to fix.



  • @wft said:

    He's 73 or so, for fuck's sake.

    His youngest child is 2 years old.

    @Eldelshell said:

    This problem would be very hard to tackle. I mean, somehow, the player, would need to recognize that it's not on the screen anymore and pause.

    I didn't want it to pause at all in the first place!


  • Dupa

    @Gaska said:

    His youngest child is 2 years old.

    So he doesn't know how to use a condom anymore.

    Your point is?



  • I don't have any point to make, just like you.


  • Dupa

    @Gaska said:

    just like you.



  • This looks like a battery saving thing



  • @Gaska said:

    His youngest child is 2 years old.

    He should probably be wary of a handsome neighbour.


  • Dupa

    @wft said:

    should probably be wary of a handsome neighbour.

    FTFY



  • @kt_ said:

    @wft said:
    should probably be wary of a handsome neighbour.

    FTFY

    Don't be ridiculous. I've watched enough family guy to know that you only have to be wary of old neighbors.



  • @DogsB said:

    I've watched enough family guy to know that you only have to be wary of old neighbors.

    I'm not sure the old guy is the only neighbour to be wary of on Family Guy...

    undefined



  • @loopback0 said:

    @DogsB said:
    I've watched enough family guy to know that you only have to be wary of old neighbors.

    I'm not sure the old guy is the only neighbour to be wary of on Family Guy...

    undefined

    Not this ablest bullshit again. CAN'T YOU LEAVE THE CRIPPLED ALONE!



  • @DogsB said:

    CAN'T YOU LEAVE THE CRIPPLED ALONE!

    No?



  • @fbmac said:

    This looks like a battery saving thing

    Not at all. For what I know, it was a problem with assigning a bunch of idiots in Korea to work on gstreamer, while none of them knew anything about gstreamer or programming. They couldn't get it to work, so a decision was made to work around by disallowing users from playing more than one stream at the same time. Solved.



  • @wft said:

    He should probably be wary of a handsome neighbour.

    In this story, he's the handsome neighbour.


  • Dupa

    @Gaska said:

    In this story, he's the handsome neighbour.

    He certainly is

    http://newspaper.hvs.pl/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/goldberg.jpg



  • @Eldelshell said:

    huge edge case

    I usually call those "use cases."



  • @kt_ said:

    He certainly is

    I'm not gay, so I'm not the right person to judge these things, but considering that the mother was 29, he can't be that bad.


  • Dupa

    @Gaska said:

    I'm not gay

    Why did you have to stress that, are straight men unable to judge aesthetically other men?

    @Gaska said:

    considering that the mother was 29, he can't be that bad.

    Well, he's no Chritopher Plumber, but I guess he's not that bad, he's a stutterer though. However, attractiveness is a bit more complicated concept than pure looks.



  • That statue is mocking me with its pedestal privilege.



  • Posted on Discourse, a forum with the same broken shit behavior.

    That said, it's a tough nut to crack because YouTube insists in embedding videos in an iframe, and you can't really detect clicks in an iframe on a different domain.



  • @Eldelshell said:

    This problem would be very hard to tackle. I mean, somehow, the player, would need to recognize that it's not on the screen anymore and pause. You can do this with some focus + window position magic, but maybe it's a huge edge case they haven't tested or since some players behave differently between browsers (Flash or HTML5 video) it would be impossible to fix.

    A better solution would be to replace the video preview with an image and a standard click anchor. When clicked, it opens a video player box somewhere on the screen that's position: absolute so it'll remain on the screen while you scroll, move topics, etc. It'd also work if you shoved the YouTube video in full-screen mode, although I'm sure Discourse would still find a way to fuck that up.

    However that fix would deprive YouTube of the initial page load, so their stats would be off. You might be able to fix that by loading YouTube in an invisible iframe but that's probably against their embedding agreement.



  • @kt_ said:

    Why did you have to stress that, are straight men unable to judge aesthetically other men?

    Exactly. They're also unable to name more than eight colors.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Posted on Discourse, a forum with the same broken shit behavior.

    Iunno, never experienced this problem here.

    @blakeyrat said:

    That said, it's a tough nut to crack because YouTube insists in embedding videos in an iframe, and you can't really detect clicks in an iframe on a different domain.

    What is click detection needed for? I just want my already playing video to keep playing.

    @blakeyrat said:

    A better solution would be to replace the video preview with an image and a standard click anchor. When clicked, it opens a video player box somewhere on the screen that's position: absolute so it'll remain on the screen while you scroll, move topics, etc.

    A floating player? Not sure if I like that idea...

    @blakeyrat said:

    However that fix would deprive YouTube of the initial page load, so their stats would be off.

    Who cares?



  • @Gaska said:

    A floating player? Not sure if I like that idea...

    Is there another way to do it?



  • Do what? Because I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.


  • Impossible Mission Players - A

    @blakeyrat said:

    shoved the YouTube video in full-screen mode, although I'm sure Discourse would still find a way to fuck that up.

    It does for me. If I attempt to go Full Screen on a hotlinked youtube video, it jellypotatoes me up about three pages or so, to the point where un-fullscreen-ing gets it to unload the post (and player) more often than not...



  • Don't worry, plenty of people like cripples. I mean, 4chan once made a game about that fact.



  • This game has the worst player character I've ever seen in any game. He's more socially impaired than all the people in the whole school are impaired physically, combined.



  • I wouldn't know. I do find it interesting that such a game exists, however.



  • Dangan Rompa?



  • Worse.



  • Ok well, whatever. Since you refuse to share the name of this game, I'll assume you're talking about Pac-Man-- yeah that guy is a total asshole! Him and his eating ghosts.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Since you refuse to share the name of this game, I'll assume you're talking about Pac-Man

    @Magus said:

    4chan once made a <abbr title="Katawa Shoujo I believe">game</abbr> about that fact.

    undefined



  • Yeah I don't click "view source" on every fucking post.



  • And you don't have to. It's a hover.


  • Impossible Mission Players - A

    @Magus said:

    And you don't have to. It's a hover.

    Everyone knows his browser doesn't implement onhover!
    Or title, for that matter...



  • Ok? I don't do that shit either.

    LOOK PEOPLE, IF YOU WANT THE WORDS TO BE READ, MAKE SURE THE WORDS APPEAR IN THE OUTPUT.

    It's a fucking FORUM not a game of hide-and-seek.



  • Look, we aren't going to all change our ways because you don't want to use incredibly obvious features.


  • Impossible Mission Players - A

    @blakeyrat said:

    game of hide-and-seek.

    I dunno, seems like people want to seek a lot more than they want to hide, lately...



  • Also, there is only one game in existence that a) was made by 4chan folks and b) is about disabled people. Both of these informations were visible in plain text. FYI - Dangan Ronpa wasn't made by 4chan members, and Pac-Man doesn't feature crippled people - so no, you couldn't have assumed I'm talking about it even if I didn't spell the game's title.


  • Impossible Mission Players - A

    @Gaska said:

    is only one game in existence that a) was made by 4chan folks and b) is about disabled people.

    E_ASSUMED_I_WOULD_SPEND_TIME_TO_RESEARCH

    Oh, too soon?



  • How much research do you have to make to know that Pac-Man wasn't made by /b/?


  • Impossible Mission Players - A

    @Gaska said:

    How much research do you have to make to know that Pac-Man wasn't made by /b/?

    parse error. But based on interpretation of the question... mu. Because that would have required research, which mandates a non-zero quantity of time, of which time I stated I did not have allocatedavailable.

    Also, there is not currently in local cache any references to games made by 4chan folks (or users, for that matter). Pac-Man does have a reference, but it is marked as invalid, and has the text "Also known as PyChart, made by NameCo in 1971".



  • You think you're clever in your pedantry, but I would easily out-pedant you if I wasn't busy keeping my sister from drowning in chocolate.


  • Impossible Mission Players - A

    @Gaska said:

    You think you're clever in your pedantry

    You assume I think I'm clever emulating pedantry.
    Besides, it wasn't even I who suggested it might be Pac-Man that was being talked about. That's not pedantry, that's false attribution, hence, mu.



  • Not false attribution, but misinterpretation of my post on your side. When I said that it's the only game that A and B, I didn't mean that you have to know that this is the only game that satisfies both these conditions - but that you can easily exclude every other game you can come up with because it's guaranteed to not satisfy at least one of them. In particular, the game mentioned in the post I was replying to.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.