Game physics is best physics

• http://motherboard.vice.com/read/rollercoaster-tycoon-sadist-creates-210-day-long-hell-coaster

It’s easy to be a sadist in games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, designing coasters intended to hurtle your tiny ride-goers into certain destruction. It’s akin to waiting for your Sims to go swimming and deleting the pool ladder.

But at least one user is focusing on building coasters so slow, that take so long to complete, passengers would starve to death well before they reached the finish. One unnamed user recently posted his latest creation to 8chan. Named “Kairos - The Slow,” the coaster would theoretically take 210 real-life days and 3,000 years of in-game time to complete.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

It’s easy to be a sadist in games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, designing coasters intended to hurtle your tiny ride-goers into certain destruction.

First thing I thought of was Shamus Young's "Bowling + Rollercoaster = fun" video, so I found that and watched it, and OMG it's almost ten years old. I doubt he started the genre but he must've been one of the first to record it.

BTW, @blakeyrat, his ode to Mass Effect is up to part 26 or something.

• 210 real-life days is exactly 2250 dwarf fortress years. I'm 100% certain that your game will crash or you will losehave fun long before that.

Also, it only takes 0.248015873 years to starve, 0.186011905 years to die of thirst, and 0.496031746 years to go insane from lack of sleep.

And assuming they didn't die, that's still 13-15 lifetimes for a dwarf.