Survey Question

• Can the answer ever be no?

I know they mean "or not" to be no, but still.

• When I had to do telephone surveys (I lasted 6 months, you're considered to be a veteran if you last more than 2 weeks) I had to do a particularly difficult survey. Difficult because the target audience was so small - I think it was "male, 30s, with 2 kids and a particular ISP". And even if you found those guys you'd still have to convince them to answer about 20 minutes worth of questions.

But I did manage to nab one(1) guy who actually managed to suffer the questionaire to the end. That was on a friday evening.

I then received a phone call on saturday morning from the head honcho who grilled me on the answers the guy had given, asking me stuff like: "What do you think why he answered like that?"

He was a bit miffed that I couldn't provide him with answers, considering the fact that I had received several commendations on how I was very neutral (as we were supposed to be) and, with free-form questions, did indeed take down everything the victim interviewee told me without embellishing anything (as we were supposed to do).

• @Rhywden said:

When I had to do telephone surveys (I lasted 6 months, you're considered to be a veteran if you last more than 2 weeks) ...
    I then received a phone call on saturday morning from the head honcho who grilled me on the answers the guy had given, asking me stuff like: "What do you think why he answered like that?"

And now we know why most people burn out within the first two weeks.