Survey Question

• Can the answer ever be no?

I know they mean "or not" to be no, but still.

• When I had to do telephone surveys (I lasted 6 months, you're considered to be a veteran if you last more than 2 weeks) I had to do a particularly difficult survey. Difficult because the target audience was so small - I think it was "male, 30s, with 2 kids and a particular ISP". And even if you found those guys you'd still have to convince them to answer about 20 minutes worth of questions.

But I did manage to nab one(1) guy who actually managed to suffer the questionaire to the end. That was on a friday evening.

I then received a phone call on saturday morning from the head honcho who grilled me on the answers the guy had given, asking me stuff like: "What do you think why he answered like that?"

He was a bit miffed that I couldn't provide him with answers, considering the fact that I had received several commendations on how I was very neutral (as we were supposed to be) and, with free-form questions, did indeed take down everything the victim interviewee told me without embellishing anything (as we were supposed to do).

• @Rhywden said:

When I had to do telephone surveys (I lasted 6 months, you're considered to be a veteran if you last more than 2 weeks) ...
    I then received a phone call on saturday morning from the head honcho who grilled me on the answers the guy had given, asking me stuff like: "What do you think why he answered like that?"

And now we know why most people burn out within the first two weeks.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.