Checking a Site for Broken Links?

• Can anyone recommend an app to crawl a site and check it for broken links.

I have used funnel web but I'm getting an odd result (don't ask) and would like a sort of "second opinion"

thanks.

• what kind of odd result?

• I'm supposed to move a site with a little over 200 pages off of a server.  All the pages I've looked at use relatve links, so that part should be ok.  I run funnelweb on the original site and it finds 44 broken links.  That part is not my problem.  I make a test copy of the site on another server and run funnelweb on that.  27 broken links.  wtf?  That shouldn't be possible.

It has a few javascripty things here and there, and two or three server-side includes.  No server-side scripts that I've seen, although it was clearly made with frontpage server extensions (and the server I'm moving it to doesn't have the extensions installed - security reasons).  I copied all the files, so I can't think of any reason why funnelweb sees fewer broken links.  I'm using Fennel Web Profiler 2.0 Professional.

I just want a second opinion, that's all.

• @tofu said:

I'm supposed to move a site with a little over 200 pages off of a server.  All the pages I've looked at use relatve links, so that part should be ok.  I run funnelweb on the original site and it finds 44 broken links.  That part is not my problem.  I make a test copy of the site on another server and run funnelweb on that.  27 broken links.  wtf?  That shouldn't be possible.

It is entirely possible if you were switching between server operating systems. While in Windows foldername/Index.html and foldername/index.html are the same file, in a Linux environment they are not (although Apache does have a module to bypass this).