My responses to Jeff's tweets.







  • Nice. Very subtle.





  • You just doxed yourself.


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    He linked to his Twitter multiple times already.



  • In just 2 days, you guys have Jeff Attwood has completely ruined Jeff Atwood for me.

    I read his blog post today and it read like a guy just whining about nonsense.

    *welcomes the enlightenment of wtdwtf *



  • @uncreative said:

    In just 2 days, you guys have Jeff Attwood has completely ruined Jeff Atwood for me.

    I read his blog post today and it read like a guy just whining about nonsense.

    *welcomes the enlightenment of wtdwtf *

    BITCH!COMPLAIN!



  • @uncreative said:

    In just 2 days, you guys have Jeff Attwood has completely ruined Jeff Atwood for me.

    Wait, what took you so long? Jeff has been jumping the shark for years!



  • I've had the advantage of being late to the party, and only selectively reading the 'good stuff'

    (i.e. shit I could use to manipulate my boss)

    Had a cup with his kool aid on my desk. Glad to know I can pour it out instead of drinking it.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @JBert said:

    Jeff has been jumping the shark for years!

    Has that poor shark got bored yet?



  • I think you pissmelled "cornholed"



  • @uncreative said:

    In just 2 days, you guys have Jeff Attwood has completely ruined Jeff Atwood for me.

    I read his blog post today and it read like a guy just whining about nonsense.

    It becomes even more frustrating when he stops whining and starts going on his prepubescent philosophicalizations.

    And then everyone nods about how deep he was.



  • @xaade said:

    And then everyone nods about how deep he was.

    A new scientific study has found that those who are receptive to pseudo-profound, intellectual-sounding 'bulls***' are less intelligent, less reflective, and more likely to be believe in conspiracy theories, the paranormal and alternative medicine.

    ...
    In the second test, the team confronted the participants with real-life examples of bulls***, asking them to read tweets posted by Deepak Chopra, a writer known for his New Age views on spirituality and medicine, as well as using the computer-generated statements from the first test.

    The results in this test were very similar, indicating many participants were unable to spot the bulls***.



  • People that say this shit, is people that haven't had to make a co-op work. It's people that only feel safe when they can dictate, and can't handle multiple sources of feedback.

    I get that meetings can become theater.

    But they don't always become theater, unless you have zero capacity to lead and bring people together.

    And Jeff hasn't demonstrated leadership to me. He's demonstrated the capacity to divide and destroy.

    I always ask people who have consistent negative outlooks on life.

    What's the one thing in common with ALL your experiences.



  • @xaade said:

    He's demonstrated the capacity to divide and destroy.

    Is he up to something?



  • I'm watching the second season of Gatchaman Crowds..... and Gelulu is pretty much Jeff.



  • @boomzilla said:

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-find-a-link-between-low-intelligence-and-acceptance-of-pseudo-profound-bulls-a6757731.html

    A new scientific study has found that those who are receptive to pseudo-profound, intellectual-sounding 'bulls***' are less intelligent, less reflective, and more likely to be believe in conspiracy theories, the paranormal and alternative medicine.

    ...
    In the second test, the team confronted the participants with real-life examples of bulls***, asking them to read tweets posted by Deepak Chopra, a writer known for his New Age views on spirituality and medicine, as well as using the computer-generated statements from the first test.

    The results in this test were very similar, indicating many participants were unable to spot the bulls***.


    Woah man, that sounds deep!





  • notable and good are not mutually exclusive

    I think you meant "do not go hand in hand", or something like that.


  • mod

    Huh, TIL: http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/american-women-in-world-war-ii

    During World War II, some 350,000 women served in the U.S. Armed Forces, both at home and abroad.

    During World War II, a total of about 18 million soldiers served in the German Army, of whom about 10 million became casualties

    We had about 12 million, so about 3% women on both sides. So we were about as sexist as the Nazis. And recruiting.



  • @boomzilla said:

    @xaade said:
    And then everyone nods about how deep he was.

    A new scientific study has found that those who are receptive to pseudo-profound, intellectual-sounding 'bulls***' are less intelligent, less reflective, and more likely to be believe in conspiracy theories, the paranormal and alternative medicine.

    ...
    In the second test, the team confronted the participants with real-life examples of bulls***, asking them to read tweets posted by Deepak Chopra, a writer known for his New Age views on spirituality and medicine, as well as using the computer-generated statements from the first test.

    The results in this test were very similar, indicating many participants were unable to spot the bulls***.

    So basically, the study says

    Stupid people believe stupid things



  • @RaceProUK said:

    So basically, the study says

    Also: Deepak Chopra says stupid stuff. They're pretty explicit about that, and I think it's a valuable point.


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @boomzilla said:

    Also: Deepak Chopra says stupid stuff. They're pretty explicit about that, and I think it's a valuable point.

    Indeed. I tried listening to the guy once, don't remember a thing except waking up with a headache and a hatchet in my hand.



  • @Onyx said:

    don't remember a thing except waking up with a headache and a hatchet in my hand.

    Had you also been imbibing heavily?


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    Possibly, but that happened either after or during listening to that Chopra fellow, and I highly suspect there is a causal link there if I was.



  • @Yamikuronue said:

    So we were about as sexist as the Nazis.

    Satirical trolling that I didn't want to take into the realm of debating whether Nazis were more SJW than America.

    For one, as you say, we were equally "sexist" (by the popular definition, not the real one).

    And for the other part, it's not really worth bothering, because merely mentioning that I didn't want to discuss it was the joke itself.

    "Were Nazis less sexist" plays awfully humorously into the hands of the level of intelligence I expect from illiberal feminists. And feminazis comes to mind....

    It was just too good to pass up.

    I may turn the topic into an article and pass along For Great Satire.



  • @xaade said:

    "Were Nazis less sexist" plays awfully humorously into the hands of the level of intelligence I expect from illiberal feminists.

    "Say what you want about the Nazis, no woman has ever had a fantasy about being tied up and beaten by a man dressed as a liberal." — P.J. O'Rourke





  • Damn, you two should be a comedy duo. There was Laurel and Hardy, there was Abbott and Costello, and now it's Jeff and Xaade.










  • This one didn't really need a response... I almost ruin the moment.



  • @uncreative said:

    Had a cup with his kool aid on my desk. Glad to know I can pour it out instead of drinking it.

    Don't pour it in the office plants. That shit'll make 'em curl up and die.



  • @smallshellscript said:

    @uncreative said:
    Had a cup with his kool aid on my desk. Glad to know I can pour it out instead of drinking it.

    Don't pour it in the office plants. That shit'll make 'em curl up and die.

    Do NOT simply pour it out, in the office plants, down the drain, or anywhere else; you'll risk a hefty fine. Call or take it to a proper hazardous waste disposal facility.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @HardwareGeek said:

    Do NOT simply pour it out, in the office plants, down the drain, or anywhere else

    Take it to a chemistry lab and pour it down their drain. They deal with nastier things, so they've got the permits.



  • @dkf said:

    They deal with nastier things

    Nastier than Discourse? Nastier than Jeff? That seems unlikely.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @HardwareGeek said:

    Nastier than Discourse? Nastier than Jeff?

    Fuming nitric acid is nastier than even Jeff. It's what you might use to deal with the aftermath of a Discourse incident…



  • @dkf said:

    Fuming nitric acid is nastier than even Jeff

    I'm uncertain about that. Clearly, we should try mixing equal masses of the two, to find out which will prevail.

    For SCIENCE!



  • @xaade said:

    never ends, drags on ambiguously forever

    That's a weird problem to have with a zombie show. My problem with the walking dead is that everyone keeps coming up with these cute little euphemisms instead of just calling the zombies for zombies.


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    @Buddy said:

    zombie show

    Given the mention of Saga, I think he meant the comic. Which brings up another thing: It's very title is Saga - what in English would make you expect it to be a short and to-the-point story?


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @Dreikin said:

    Which brings up another thing: It's very title is Saga - what in English would make you expect it to be a short and to-the-point story?

    Comparison with Candy Crush Saga?



  • @dkf said:

    @Dreikin said:
    Which brings up another thing: It's very title is Saga - what in English would make you expect it to be a short and to-the-point story?

    Comparison with Candy Crush Saga?

    To be fair I played that once and it felt like a saga after two minutes.



  • That game cheats.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    It's set up to be bastard hard unless you spend money in microtransactions. :nothanks:



  • I have reason to believe it outright cheats.

    I had everything cleared except for one spot at the top and only needed a color to drop in one column (two matching already)

    I had over 30 moves left, and that color didn't drop into that column once.

    I know statistics says it's possible, but when it happens that many times, and I win so few times, I reserve the right to my suspicions.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    @xaade said:

    I have reason to believe it outright cheats.

    I would agree, except I can remember having similar experiences in games that I wrote and where I definitely knew that the game was not cheating. Sometimes the dice simply do not favour us.


  • Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

    There's confirmation bias and all, but also the fact that the formula is consistent in all of King's games: game is a bastard then miraculously without you playing any differently it will let you win. The transition is not subtle if you watch enough.


  • Discourse touched me in a no-no place

    I just switched to the more sensible option: Uninstall ;)


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.