Google shilling for psychics and fraudsters

• BINNED

I remember Google used to rank facts before absolute garbage.
    Searching for "medium psychic" the entire first page results are absolute bullcrap fraudsters! There is just one Wikipedia article that helpfully does not have any negative connotation that might tip off the Googlers.

Here is the helpful snippet for fools around my area:

It seems there is a healthy comptetition between Dawn Alexandra Morgan and Spiritual Healer Peej and Google happily promotes them to the first page for ad revenue.

:wtf: why drug dealers cannot take advantage of SEO? at least they do deliver something!!

Here is the entire first page:

DuckDuckGo at least puts Wikipedia at the top result and even though DDG first invented Instant Answers/ zeroclickinfo I do not see the scammer's face in the first page.

• FoxDev

what was the headline in the paper when the four foot nine psychic escaped from jail?

[spoiler]Small Medium at Large![/spoiler]

• BINNED

Minor correction:

@accalia said:

[spoiler]Small Mediumx at Large![/spoiler]

FTAY</abbrr>

• ♿ (Parody)

@dse said:

I remember Google used to rank facts before absolute garbage.

Eh...I think they're prioritizing stuff the people searching for that sort of thing want to find.

Have a mug.

• Is that the first mug since we moved to Discourse?

Also, the news search is pretty funny, since it considers news about anything to be news, regardless of whether it's a real thing or not. That way, news about esports and movies can be found there as well.

• ♿ (Parody)

@ben_lubar said:

Is that the first mug since we moved to Discourse?

Could be. I think the practice of handing out mugs had fallen out of practice even on CS. But I (and several other people) have that actual mug courtesy of :doing_it_wrong:.

• BINNED

I know :sadface:.

I always wanted a mug, can I use it as a :badger:?

• BINNED

@dse said:

Searching for "medium psychic" the entire first page results are absolute bullcrap fraudsters!

So how many pages did you have to go through to find the real psychics?