Cleanup succeeded or failed, either way, try again!

• So upon running cleanup on P: I've been greeted with this interesting message:

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

I bet it ran twice, and there wasn't anything to do the second pass.

• No, working copy was still broken. Had to run svn cleanup from the command line...

• kills Dumbledore

TortoiseSVN always seems to have trouble with cleanups. I once got in a situation where cleanup said some other operation needed to be done first, and the other operation needed a cleanup.

• I've been running into more and more problems with tortoisesvn just getting itself into a fankle, meaning I end up having to checkout the original and winmerge my changes back in.
    Dunno if it's tortoise that's getting less stable or svn.

Before I get flamed, this is svn 1.8.x and tortoise 1.9.x and I've been using both in earlier incarnations for six years.

Just seems flakier than it was in the past.

• @skotl said:

I've been running into more and more problems with tortoisesvn just getting itself into a fankle

@skotl said:

Just seems flakier than it was in the past.

Maybe someone accidentally merged svn with git :fishing_pole_and_fish:

• Reminds me of messages I see every Monday morning.

My work laptop is usually powered off on Friday (so I can bring it home) and not normally powered on until Monday morning. Soon after that first login, I get two popups from the background backup daemon - one complaining that no backup has taken place for 3 days (and that I should contact the system administrator), immediately followed by one saying that a backup just completed successfully.

I really don't care enough to complain to whoever may be responsible, but it would seem to me that if the first message isn't popping up until after a backup completed (thus proving that there really is no problem) that it really shouldn't appear at all.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.