:badger: calluses and :popcorn: topic

• Take me to the place I love, take me all the way (yeah, yeah).

• Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black
    Tell them I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea

Leave the men where they lay
    They'll never see another day
    Lost my soul, lost my dream

I feel the black reaching out
    I hear its song without a doubt
    I still hear and I still see
    That you can't take the sky from me.

Lost my love, lost my land
    Lost the last place I could stand
    There's no place I can be
    Since I've found Serenity

And you can't take the sky from me.

Lyrics for the Theme Song for Firefly

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Cursorkeys said:

As in it went over your head so fast it made a whooshing noise

Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast.

• ambulance vs ambulance, by the blood brothers:

Ambulance X extracts several consultants from slow gumming death at the office orifice.
    Ambulance Y imprisons the sigh of a recent amputee and dumps her in the xylophone trees.
    Ambulance X scours the tanning complex for repunzels rotting in their skin cooking coffins.
    Ambulance Y drops off the body at the door step.
    Ambulance X pulls you out of the party and rubs your freckles like a DJ to his records but Ambulance Y teaches you the word goodbye and cuts off your hands to show you where you stand
    Under the monolith, under the monolith
    of what is love and what is scam,
    what is sun and what is tan.
    The Ambulance Angels pull up to your doorstep
    The sirens flash emergency, "you'd better come quick."
    The Ambulance Angels chisel a crack in your mouth, and then they paint a landscape with your regret and shouts.
    Roll tape, decode the moans, roll tape, decode the moans, let's ventilate the scandal from these locked up mouth holes.
    You'll never see your wife and children again so tell us what it was going through your head when you looked into their eyes and said "no thanks i'll take the hooker instead."
    You'll never see that office again
    so when the nurse amputates both of your thighs
    won't you come a little bit closer to the mic
    and tell us what you miss more: your desk or the hungry sky.
    The Ambulance Angels pull up to the graveyard, and leave you there bubbling broken sonnets and shards.
    The Ambulance Angels notify your next of kin and show them the scrap book of your operation.
    "His head was a faucet leaking love, laughter and lies: all his secret wishes, all his world famous sighs."
    Before you roll over, Oh yeah before you give in,
    just remember we're coming back for your children.

• You win :)

• I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT MISSING STAIRS MEANS.

I mean, like, seriously.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@blakeyrat said:

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT MISSING STAIRS MEANS.

I'm assuming it's someone's dumbfuck cutesy way of saying "there are common tripping hazards the regulars are familiar with, but newbs won't be. We need to warn them of them."

As in everyone knows when going down to the basement, the fourth step from the top long ago broke off, and you have to go out of your way to take an extra long step down. You wouldn't see it, you'd only know when you tried to step on it and stumbled. People coming to this bar know it, because the bathroom is in the basement. A newb wouldn't.

"Where's the bathroom?"
    In the basement. OH be careful of the missing step on your way down. You need to step over it. There's a handrail. use it.
    "Thanks."

Discorse analogy: "Quoting won't preserve formatting. Unless you use the Quote Entire Post button.

It's a dumb, stupid saying that I'm sure the author made up, and just in the past 5 minute I've put more thought into it than literally any other human being has in the history of brains-- every human being COMBINED.

• Do you know that, or are you just making shit up and passing it off as a legit answer?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@blakeyrat said:

Do you know that, or are you just making shit up and passing it off as a legit answer?

Hrmm, let me check:

@Lorne_Kates said:

I'm assuming it's someone's dumbfuck cutesy way of saying

Reading. How does it work?

• Notification Spam Recipient

poes law at its very finest I would think.

This is my biggest problem with fucking tech blogs and talks. Everybody spends so much time trying to be clever they forget the point of communication is to fucking communicate your clever idea to everyone. Adding more incomprehensible jargon to the language is just killing your idea.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@DogsB said:

the point of communication is to fucking communicate your clever idea to everyone.

No. The point of communication is to have a snappy title that will get clicks and impressions, to increase your social media standing, so you'll be given more talks and videos, so...

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

The article says missing stairs
    I honestly assumed you were joking since some people would describe you the same way this link does 😃

Filed Under: Not sure how this makes sense, though

• Notification Spam Recipient

The analogy proposes that they are as much a fault as a missing step is in a staircase.

What have you got against the staircase. It's an inanimate object!

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Kuro said:

Link....

a term coined by blogger

So it's a bullshit term made up by a douchebag. Gotcha.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Lorne_Kates said:

Reading. How does it work?

It's a town in Berkshire.

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@Kuro said:

That explanation is less fulfilling than the alternative theories. Cliff Slacktivist needs beaten with a rubber hose.

@Kuro said:

I honestly assumed you were joking since some people would describe you the same way this link does 😃

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@loopback0 said:

It's a town in BerkshirePennsylvania.

FTFY

• @Buddy said:

And also that fewer people seem to even be posting in the good threads, because they're all wasting all their energy in the troll threads.

I resent that! I'm spending my energy in the Mafia game thread!

• If you really want to trip somebody up on some stairs all the time every time. All you need to do is change the rise height of one step (somewhere around the middle) by 1/2 an inch or so. Larger changes have larger effects, but there comes a point when the change in height is noticed and you victim auto compensates.

• Java Dev

@aliceif said:

The video about the DISCON levels is awful.

DL1: Everyone agrees!
    DL2-5: Disagreement!

Fuck that shit hard. Disagreement is not a bad thing.

Also, I'm sure that libplasticcard has something to do with systemd. NOT SUPPORTING SYSTEMD MAKES YOUR COMMUNITY TOXIC!!!!

I'm sure on a Jeff-approved discourse install, everyone agrees on everything (because everyone else has been banned).

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Polygeekery said:

Cliff Slacktivist needs beaten with a rubber hose.

First fill the hose with water.
    Then freeze the hose.
    Then shoot him.