The HORROR of uncoordinated movement!

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@ChaosTheEternal said:

Tablets aren't "mobile" though.

Try using one that doesn't have such a heavy battery. 🍹

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@boomzilla said:

@Lorne_Kates said:
    I'm Canadian and don't even want to pretend to care about actual American law!

Goddamn that sucks to do on mobile.

Oh, I know about the actual laws. Your police force and government anti-drug agencies just don't care. I didn't say I was advocating this action. I'm just surprised they haven't done so yet. I mean, if you're going to have a military police force, might as well use them like a military.

Filed under: Though it'd probably come in the form of a drone strike

• ♿ (Parody)

BLACK LIVES MATTER ( unless they're getting killed by other black lives).

OT: my 3 month old nephew moves his arms in an almost completely uncoordinated fashion, and it's more cute than horrifying.

• @ben_lubar said:

@gleemonk said:
    Firearms were built to kill.

Penises were built to vagina.

If we expect people to be rational around guns, how do we explain masturbation?

• ♿ (Parody)

Demonstration?

• @FrostCat said:

Gun sales have been at record levels through most of his administration

@boomzilla said:

Our rates have gone down as ownership has increased.

A question here. Is it known what the increase in gun sales has done to the number of gun owners? Presumably it would have gone up but would it be at the same rate as gun sales?

What I'm asking is, is the increase in gun sales due to existing gun owners buying more guns or from people going from "non-gun owners" to "gun owners"?

It seems to me that this would be information that would be useful to know when analysing homicide/assault/suicide numbers. What effect does it have on the stats if (for example) the US goes from:

Population = 300 million
    No. of gun owners = 100 million
    No. of guns = 100 million

to

Population = 300 million
    No. of gun owners = 110 million
    No. of guns = 200 million

• Come again?

• kills Dumbledore

@mott555 said:

Suicides gonna suicide, man.

Fuck off. Someone close to me tried to commit suicide last year. They're now in a much better place after I managed to keep them alive through the worst part, and they realise that they weren't in a fit state of mind to choose to die. If they'd had a gun I doubt I'd have even known about the attempt before they'd pulled the trigger.

Having something like a gun easily available makes suicide a lot easier, and the impulse can come up in people who've never been treated for mental health issues before, so restrictions on people with a mental health history don't help that much

• Java Dev

I see your point. Yet on the other side are train drivers, truck drivers, and other professionals who may be treated as murder suspects after a successful suicide.

• @Jaloopa said:

Fuck off. Someone close to me tried to commit suicide last year. They're now in a much better place after I managed to keep them alive through the worst part, and they realise that they weren't in a fit state of mind to choose to die. If they'd had a gun I doubt I'd have even known about the attempt before they'd pulled the trigger.

Having something like a gun easily available makes suicide a lot easier, and the impulse can come up in people who've never been treated for mental health issues before, so restrictions on people with a mental health history don't help that much

I'm sorry to hear that, and you're certainly not the only one who has had to deal with suicidal acquaintances, however blaming the tool, or worse yet, blaming gun owners who had nothing to do with that situation, is irrational and actually pretty damn disrespectful.

It's a very tough thing, but it isn't helpful when those near the situation lash out against outsiders.I don't blame rope for the suicide of my friend's father, nor do I blame Ace Hardware or rope owners. That would be dragging unrelated third parties into the issue simply because I'm mad and feel the need to lash out at someone.