Mohammed the clock kid cons country to get sneak peek at Obama's penis for TERRORISM!

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@boomzilla said:

The girl who was accused says she was accused. I never quoted anyone else.

Okay, so we can take Ahmed's sister at her word. Like when she said she was falsely accused.

I don't like using the word "retarded", because it's offensive to people with actual mental illnesses and handicaps. But are you literally so retarded that you can't read what you wrote, nor follow your own logic? Like, do you experience mini-blackouts and have amnesia? Or do you have problem with neuro-visual processing, where certain words just fall into a blindspot and you don't see them? Because I don't want to accuse you of shoulder-aliens if you have a legit psychological problem with comprehension. I'll understand.

@boomzilla said:

There's a youtube video there. And no, I don't. I'll let your ad hominem discredit you all by itself.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You're the one with the outlandish conspiracy theory, it's on you.

And stating the fact that brietbart is a fucking nutjob psycho isn't ad hominem. An ad hominem is attacking the person making the argument, to discredit the argument, without countering the argument. But the argument itself must be sound. Your argument is "I believe Brietbart is a valid source of information". My counter is "Brietbart is provably not a valid source of information, thus you cannot use information from Brietbart to prove your point".

It'd be like if I said "0.9bar = 1", and provided a raft of mathematical evidence to support it. Then you said "But Lorne Kates murders trans women, so we cannot accept his mathematical proof". THAT'S ad hominem.

lern2logic like a grownup.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Lorne_Kates said:

Because I don't want to accuse you of shoulder-aliens if you have a legit psychological problem with comprehension

I'm not the one who can't read what I posted.

@Lorne_Kates said:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You're the one with the outlandish conspiracy theory, it's on you.

I'm sure reasonable people can disagree on this. But I call bullshit on "outlandish conspiracy theory."

@Lorne_Kates said:

An ad hominem is attacking the person making the argument, to discredit the argument, without countering the argument. But the argument itself must be sound. Your argument is "I believe Brietbart is a valid source of information". My counter is "Brietbart is provably not a valid source of information, thus you cannot use information from Brietbart to prove your point".

Yeah, ad hominem. Your dextrophobia is your problem, not mine.

@Lorne_Kates said:

It'd be like if I said "0.9bar = 1", and provided a raft of mathematical evidence to support it. Then you said "But Lorne Kates murders trans women, so we cannot accept his mathematical proof". THAT'S ad hominem.

Yes, that would be, too.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@boomzilla said:

words

Trolling. Gotcha. Thanks for confirming.

• ♿ (Parody)

:rolleyes:

Sure, take the @flabdablet way out.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@boomzilla said:

And they all agreed that it didn't appear to be a bomb. But hey...gotta find something to charge him with.

Apropos of not a lot: http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/keep-the-cops-out-of-kiss-chase/17449

Last week, a 13-year-old at Pikesville Middle School was given a sexual-assault charge by the police after he kissed a female pupil without her consent on a dare. It was no peck on the cheek, either; the boy grabbed the girl by the shirt and went in tongue first. But while this was probably a bit gross for the young girl, it was hardly sexual assault.

@boomzilla said:

But yeah, like I said, this was a master troll that they pulled off.

And of course, getting an invite from the President is sort of the equivalent of a bonus level or Kickstarter stretch goal. If this was a troll, they were probably just hoping to make it into the national news for a few days--anything else would be gravy.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@FrostCat said:

anything else would be gravy.

Are you saying all that black people do all day is eat fried chicken and gravy?

Homophobe.

• @anotherusername said:

"that looks exactly like a homemade bomb in virtually any MOVIE I've ever seen".

This word is important.

• @Groaner said:

People who are into amateur chemistry have been assumed to be making either meth or explosives for a while now, so I'm not surprised that this guilty-until-proven-innocent anti-intellectualism has expanded into electronics.

But just imagine having to live in a society full of educated people who are good at making stuff. Is that really what you want?

• International twaddle:

Imagine how terrifying it must have been for the kid to see the police car pull up outside his school.

FWIW, the officer was already there. Middle and High Schools in that district have their own "Resource Officers".

INB4 whatever, yes, they are actual full-fledged police.

Local TV stations:

He was charged as a juvenile with second-degree assault and released to his mother at the school.

IANAL but this all seems kosher to me.

• @tar said:

@anotherusername said:
    "that looks exactly like a homemade bomb in virtually any MOVIE I've ever seen".

This word is important.

Yes... it's more likely to be fake, intentionally designed to create a bomb scare. But it does not rule out the possibility of it being real, either.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@anotherusername said:

Yes... it's more likely to be fake, intentionally designed to create a bomb scare.

Except it wasn't.

@anotherusername said:

But it does not rule out the possibility of it being real, either.

Only for paranoid-insane values of "possible".

Y'see, if someone actually wants to set off a bomb in a way that will actually harm people-- they don't walk around with a bomb-looking bomb all day showing it to people! Instead it is made as innocuous as possible, placed in a non-descript object like a backpack or garbage can, and left in the middle of a crowded area so the bomber can set it off from a distance. If people know it's a bomb, they stay away from the bomb, thus making a non-killing bomb.

Also, that vast majority of people who set off bombs inside of America, or go on shooting sprees in schools, are white.

Oklahoma City bombing: white
    Columbine (bomb & shooting): white
    WTC '93 bombing: Okay, not white, but was an attack on Israel by proxy
    Aurora Batman shooting & explosives: white
    Sandy Hook shooting: white
    Boston Marathon bombing: white

My god, these white people area fucking scourge! They're always congregating together, speaking their languages, creating organizations so they can meet other white people. We should execute every last one of those dirty white-sand assholes.

Oh yeah-- WTC'01. Technically not a bombing or a shooting. But sure, not white. Unless we are****strong text allowing paranoid-insane levels of conspiracy theories in this discussion. In which case it was done by a massive, secret government organization-- who are all white.

• @Lorne_Kates said:

massive, secret government organization-- who are all white.

What, Colin Powell and Condolleezza Rice can't melt steel beams?

• @Lorne_Kates said:

@anotherusername said:
    Yes... it's more likely to be fake, intentionally designed to create a bomb scare.

Except it wasn't.

You can't assume that.

@Lorne_Kates said:

Y'see, if someone actually wants to set off a bomb in a way that will actually harm people-- they don't walk around with a bomb-looking bomb all day showing it to people! Instead it is made as innocuous as possible, placed in a non-descript object like a backpack or garbage can, and left in the middle of a crowded area so the bomber can set it off from a distance. If people know it's a bomb, they stay away from the bomb, thus making a non-killing bomb.

Most of the time you'll be correct. But you can't assume that, either.

@Lorne_Kates said:

Also, that vast majority of people who set off bombs inside of America, or go on shooting sprees in schools, are white.

Oklahoma City bombing: white
    Columbine (bomb & shooting): white
    WTC '93 bombing: Okay, not white, but was an attack on Israel by proxy
    Aurora Batman shooting & explosives: white
    Sandy Hook shooting: white
    Boston Marathon bombing: white

But racial profiling doesn't work, remember?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@anotherusername said:

You can't assume that.

And you can't assume it is. One of us is acting logically based on the available data, and the actual probabilities. The other is being a paranoid-insane dipshit. It's called the scientific method, dipshit. (Note: when I called you dipshit the second time, it kinda explained which of us I think is the paranoid insane one. It's a callback joke.)

@anotherusername said:

Most of the time you'll be correct. But you can't assume that, either.

By "most of the time", you mean correct by such a massively wide margin, well beyond six sigma, that to assume otherwise would make you a paranoid-insane dipshit. Scientists have agreed on the existence of new quantum particles with more uncertainty than my statement.

Please point me to a statistically significant amount of cases where a bomb was intentionally made to look like a bomb, paraded around in public ALL DAY by the bomber himself, proclaimed to be "not a bomb" by the bomber-- and then set off. You're making an extraordinary claim that that happens. I required proof.

Hint: Your google search may want to include "-IED", because THAT'S HOW BOMBING TERRORISTS WORK!

@anotherusername said:

But racial profiling doesn't work, remember?

It doesn't. Because people other than brown people do bombings. As I just pointed out. And yet you're paranoid-insane about a 14 year old kid with a clock because he's brown.

@Lorne_Kates said:

Your google search may want to include "IUD"

Not at work it won't!

• @Lorne_Kates said:

@anotherusername said:
    You can't assume that.

And you can't assume it is. One of us is acting logically based on the available data, and the actual probabilities. The other is being a paranoid-insane dipshit. It's called the scientific method, dipshit. (Note: when I called you dipshit the second time, it kinda explained which of us I think is the paranoid insane one. It's a callback joke.)

I don't know what planet you've been living on. Of all the fake bomb scares that I've heard of, the vast majority have been deliberate.

@Lorne_Kates said:

By "most of the time", you mean correct by such a massively wide margin, well beyond six sigma, that to assume otherwise would make you a paranoid-insane dipshit. Scientists have agreed on the existence of new quantum particles with more uncertainty than my statement.

Your six sigma confidence means exactly shit as long as someone could deliberately, intentionally defy the odds.

@Lorne_Kates said:

And yet you're paranoid-insane about a 14 year old kid with a clock because he's brown.

I've already said that the concern and the investigation were warranted because the clock looked like a bomb, or something intentionally built to look like a bomb, not because the kid's skin was brown. But, you can believe whatever you want about me. I don't really give a shit.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@anotherusername said:

I don't know what planet you've been living on. Of all the fake bomb scares that I've heard of, the vast majority have been deliberate.

Except this wasn't a bomb scare, real or fake. You're assuming it was. There is no evidence that it was a bomb threat, real or fake.

@anotherusername said:

Your six sigma confidence means exactly shit as long as someone could deliberately, intentionally defy the odds.

And yet, they don't. BECAUSE BOMBERS DO NOT BUILD BOMBS TO LOOK LIKE BOMBS AND PARADE THEM AROUND IN PUBLIC.

Someone can also build a bomb into a chicken sandwich IT IS POSSIBLE WHY ARE YOU NOT CONFISCATING CHICKEN SANDWICHES?!?!?! WHY DO YOU HATE CHILDREN?!?!?!

@anotherusername said:

I've already said that the concern and the investigation were warranted because the clock looked like a bomb

Wrong. The correct response was:
    Teacher: Ahmed, is that a bomb?
    Ahmed: No.
    Teacher: Carry on.

A possibly acceptable response would be:
    Principal: Ahmed, is that a bomb?
    Ahmed: No.
    Teacher: Carry on.

, or something **intentionally built to look like a bomb,**

Citation needed.

not because the kid's skin was brown. But, you can believe whatever you want about me. I don't really give a shit.

Please point me to all the cases of a white Texas students with a "bomb looking device" being arrested for making a bomb threat.

• @Lorne_Kates said:

Except this wasn't a bomb scare, real or fake. You're assuming it was.

On this planet, when someone calls the cops and tells them they think something is a bomb, that is a bomb scare. That is the definition of a bomb scare.

@Lorne_Kates said:

, or something intentionally built to look like a bomb,

Citation needed.

No. Investigation needed, and investigation was done.

@Lorne_Kates said:

Please point me to all the cases of a white Texas students with a "bomb looking device" being arrested for making a bomb threat.

The brown kid wasn't arrested, so I can't be bothered to find any apples to compare to your oranges. Sorry.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Lorne_Kates said:

One of us is acting logically based on the available data, and the actual probabilities.

I think I could have been misusing Hanlon's razor as you previously suggested. Maybe Ahmed and his family really did think the "invented" something. He probably invented cereal that morning when he poured himself a bowl of Cheerios, too. Genius, this young man!

@Lorne_Kates said:

And yet you're paranoid-insane about a 14 year old kid with a clock because he's brown.

No, you're paranoid insane about people not accepting the initial reports at face value.

• kills Dumbledore

@boomzilla said:

I think I could have been misusing Hanlon's razor as you previously suggested. Maybe Ahmed and his family really did think the "invented" something. He probably invented cereal that morning when he poured himself a bowl of Cheerios, too. Genius, this young man!

He misused a word? Fucking terrorist, better get him with a drone strike

• ♿ (Parody)

Uh huh. Exactly.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@anotherusername said:

On this planet, when someone calls the cops and tells them they think something is a bomb, that is a bomb scare. That is the definition of a bomb scare.

Paranoid-insane. Gotcha. Atleast boomzilla is only trolling.

• @anotherusername said:

Only that nobody called the cops and told them that. How do I know?

Easy: Do you know what else usually is done during a bomb scare? A fucking evacuation of the premises.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Lorne_Kates said:

Atleast boomzilla is only trolling.

How do I get you to take me seriously? :sadface:

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@boomzilla said:

@Lorne_Kates said:

Don't troll?

• BINNED

@boomzilla said:

@Lorne_Kates said:

don't live under a bridge?

• ♿ (Parody)

@Lorne_Kates said:

Don't troll?

Look, it's not my fault that your brand of crazy makes my brand of crazy look unserious. Well, not all my fault.

In any case, from what I've seen, I can't conclude that Ahmed was treated unfairly by the police or the school.

• @boomzilla said:

In any case, from what I've seen, I can't conclude that Ahmed was treated unfairly by the police or the school.

Well, if your brand of justice amounts to: "We'll suspend you at the drop of a hat!" then that's certainly true. Over here, we reserve suspensions for actually serious deeds and not pish-posh like this.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Rhywden said:

Well, if your brand of justice amounts to: "We'll suspend you at the drop of a hat!" then that's certainly true.

It doesn't.

@Rhywden said:

Over here, we reserve suspensions for actually serious deeds and not pish-posh like this.

Ah, yes, because you have the facts!

• Was there a bomb? Nope. Was it deemed a bomb threat? Equally nope.

So, on what basis exactly should he be suspended?

• ♿ (Parody)

@Rhywden said:

So, on what basis exactly should he be suspended?

He had something that was meant to look like a bomb. Just because no one fell for it doesn't mean he wasn't trying to be disruptive. His comment about closing it with a cable so it wouldn't look too threatening is kind of a tip off that he had thought about how it might look.

But I have to tip my hat to @Lorne_Kates: he could just be really dumb. I dunno...it could go either way, TBH, but I don't have the information to conclude whether he or the school / police deserve more mockery.

• @boomzilla said:

He had something that was meant to look like a bomb.

This is pretty rich given this previous statement of yours:

@boomzilla said:

Ah, yes, because you have the facts!

Oh, well, I tip my hat to you, HipocrisyRUs. And I'm out of here. The crazy idiocy is just too strong.

• @boomzilla said:

#[citation needed]

• ♿ (Parody)

@Rhywden said:

This is pretty rich given this previous statement of yours:

So...well, that's my understanding of the justification for the suspension. I'm sorry if that's too much to follow.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

@boomzilla said:

#[citation needed]

According to the link from @flabdablet, this is Ahmed's theory:

“They thought, ‘How could someone like this build something like this unless it’s a threat?’” Ahmed said.

Sheesh. You guys are really dumb today. Is there any dispute about why he was suspended?

• That doesn't even come close to being a citation of your bullshit statement which is utterly bullshit.

• @tar said:

@anotherusername said:

This word is important.

But they can't show something that's not true!!! Also, it's on the INTERNET so it must be true!!!

• ♿ (Parody)

Well, that's the conclusion I draw from it. Do you have an alternate theory and citation? Have you seen anything elsewhere? I thought that was the whole premise here.

• Considered Harmful

@blakeyrat said:

offor

The phrase you're looking for is "citation for". To say (snort) otherwise is (snerk) - for instance "citation of" implies that you are (snerk) looking for a quotation of boomzilla to support boomzilla. (snort)<!--​

Also, git-->

• @boomzilla said:

Well, that's the conclusion I draw from it.

Then you're an idiot.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

@boomzilla said:
    Well, that's the conclusion I draw from it.

Then you're an idiot.

So what conclusion should I draw from all of this? Is there some reason to think he didn't get suspended for bringing in a thing that was supposed to look like a bomb? You guys are the first people I've heard to dispute this.

• @boomzilla said:

a thing that was supposed to look like a bomb?

THIS IS THE PART YOU NEED TO SUPPORT.

It wasn't supposed to look like a bomb. It was supposed to look like a clock. Because it was a clock.

@boomzilla said:

You guys are the first people I've heard to dispute this.

Maybe that's because you hang out at Breitbart and fucking Free Republic.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

THIS IS THE PART YOU NEED TO SUPPORT.

It wasn't supposed to look like a bomb. It was supposed to look like a clock. Because it was a clock.

You're saying that he didn't want to do that. I'm saying that the school thought he did, and that's why he was suspended, because they believe that's what he did. Obviously, he disputes this, and none of us have the information to prove it one way or the other, but we're people and we can look at incomplete information and speculate. Which is all any of us are doing.

A lot of people are taking him at his word. I'm not. But that's immaterial to the reason for his suspension, which all evidence points to (schools don't talk about this stuff for privacy reasons, so maybe there's something else there) but the most reasonable explanation is that they suspended him because they believe he brought something meant to be mistaken for a bomb.

@blakeyrat said:

Maybe that's because you hang out at Breitbart and fucking Free Republic.

Except that I don't? I guess it could be worse, eh? I could hang out at Comcast.

• @boomzilla said:

You're saying that he didn't want to do that.

Right. And since he's the one who built it, there's nobody else in the UNIVERSE who can say whether it was intended to look like a bomb.

Which is why I know your statement is utter bullshit.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

Which is why I know your statement is utter bullshit.

Why do you think the school suspended him then if not for that? What makes it an unreasonable conclusion?

@blakeyrat said:

And since he's the one who built it

He didn't build anything. He opened up a clock and put it in a box.

• @boomzilla said:

He didn't build anything. He opened up a clock and put it in a box.

So sez Free Republic! Guys I heard it all over AM Talk Radio it has to be true!!!!!

Fuck off.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

So sez Free Republic! Guys I heard it all over AM Talk Radio it has to be true!!!!!

I'll have to take your word for that.

@blakeyrat said:

Fuck off.

Why? You haven't explained at all why anything I've said about this is wrong. Why do you think the school suspended him?

• Because the school administrators are really fucking stupid and also probably racist.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

Because the school administrators are really fucking stupid and also probably racist.

#[citation needed]

Which may explain their motivation, but doesn't give the reason for suspension. Which is going to be what Ahmed said it was.

Eh...maybe you're just a racist and don't believe his account of the suspension. 🏆