Why have you ruined the site?

• Seriously.  What gives?  The new software doesn't work anything like as well as the old software.

I can only assume you're doing it to get more ad views.  Now I can't just read the front page.  I have to click all the stupid "full text" links to actually read the stuff that I came to the site to read.  For a site with only one or two posts a day, that's totally stupid.

And even in the old hacked version, CS was a better tool for commenting than this new thing.

• ♿ (Parody)

Small subset of features, yes -- but we'll build up the features that were left out and gain a much more stable and better-performing system.

More content will be coming: goal is to have 4-5 "front page" things a day. This is why the move to summary view.

• PLEASE CHANGE BACK TO THE OLD VIEW!!!

it's really annoying  that you have to click the "Full Text"-links just to see that you don't understand the article anyway because of some strange programming language you've never heard of.

Maybe Instead shortening the view you could just try to make the articles not that long... :-)

• ♿ (Parody)

@fourchan said:

it's really annoying  that you have to click the "Full Text"-links just to see that you don't understand the article anyway because of some strange programming language you've never heard of.

I think you raise a good point -- perhaps the first paragraph should include the name of the language. That way if it's FORTRAN or something you've never heard of, it's an easy skip-over.

• Thats a good idea. 

But I still vote for the full article display because I'm sure at the end I click on every article anyway, regardless if I know the language or not (understanding a code snippet does not just depend on the language itself).

And besides that I often just don't read articles because they are too long.

Of course the best solution would be an alternative view so everybody would be happy...

• ♿ (Parody)

Hope checkbox on homepage works.

• I think the newest article (or all articles less than 24 hours old) should be fully displayed on the front page; for the older articles, the short view is IMO ok.

• @Alex Papadimoulis said:

Hope checkbox on homepage works.

it does! Thats very cool, thank you.

• Thanks for that! The checkbox is great. :)

One thing I've found is that the pages are basically too grey - so I played around with Stylish for a bit and came up with this, which I hope helps others too:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("thedailywtf.com") {
    .CommentHead {
    background-color: rgb(208, 208, 240) !important;
    padding: 2px 4px 2px 4px !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(176, 176, 208) !important;
    }

blockquote.Quote {
    border-color: rgb(128, 128, 128) !important;
    padding: 5px !important;
    background-color: rgb(240, 240, 240) !important;
    }

blockquote.Quote blockquote.Quote {
    background-color: rgb(224, 224, 224) !important;
    }

blockquote.Quote blockquote.Quote blockquote.Quote {
    background-color: rgb(208, 208, 208) !important;
    }

.CommentContainer {
    border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0) !important;
    }

.Home_ArticleSummaryContainer {
    }

.Home_ArticleSummaryContainer h2 {
    padding: 4px 4px 4px 8px !important;
    }

.Home_ArticleSummaryContainer .subH2 {
    border-top: 1px solid rgb(128, 128, 128) !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(192, 192, 192) !important;
    padding: 4px 4px 4px 8px !important;
    }

.Home_ArticleSummaryContainer .ArticleFooter {
    border-top: 1px solid rgb(192, 192, 192) !important;
    }

#ArticleFull {
    }
    }

It increases readability quite a lot, I think. Hope people find it useful. :)