Whooshy sushi with log-shaped potatoes

• SockDev

So I have to explicitly state when I get a joke and choose to ignore it then?

• SockDev

OK.

I want to make this absolutely clear.

#I GOT THE FUCKING JOKE.

#I CHOSE TO FUCKING IGNORE IT.

• mod

If you recognized the joke, then it is reasonable to assume that the individual telling the joke knows what croquette potatoes really are. Explaining them seems seems very whooshy.

• mod

@RaceProUK said:

I GOT THE FUCKING JOKE.

I CHOSE TO FUCKING IGNORE IT.

Not the first time a Whoosh has been awarded in such circumstances. I've received such. So has @accalia. Deal with it and move on.

• Eh, at least you managed to get a "didn't get the joke" badge. I've never got one of those...

• SockDev

Well, it seems that, in future, I'll need to include a 1,000-word disclaimer on every post I make

• That'll help out blakeyrat, seeing as he isn't a mind reader.

• mod

:rolleyes:

• SockDev

@tar said:

Eh, at least you managed to get a "didn't get the joke" badge. I've never got one of those...

The two or three genuine whooshes are fine. Yet I have seven. And that is what annoys me. It seems they're being given out like Hallowe'en candy instead of by actual standards.

• @abarker said:

Explaining them seems seems very whooshy.

Not really: I set the trap @RaceProUK baited it, @loopback0 walked right into. Is another way of looking at it

• mod

@RaceProUK said:

actual standards

What do you expect when they are generally awarded based on community flags? Most people don't read past the whooshy post before flagging. A "but I got it" post further on seems like CYA, and is also too little too late. In fact, a "but I got it" post may even invite additional flags.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@RaceProUK said:

It seems they're being given out like Hallowe'en candy instead of by actual standards.

As someone who has yet to receive a whoosh :badger:, I feel microagressed by that statement. :wink:

• mod

@loose said:

Not really: I set the trap @RaceProUK baited it, @loopback0 walked right into. Is another way of looking at it

Only if the "trap" is designed to give @RaceProUK another :badger: she clearly didn't want. It looks more like you set the trap, she sat in it, and is now complaining about the results.

• SockDev

One thing I have noticed: these badges I feel are unfair, are all awarded by you

• @abarker said:

she sat in it, and is now complaining about the results.

This creates a very nicecute image in my mind. I may go see if I can render it in pictures

• I think someone has sand in their ladyparts and is upset about being on the receiving end. Again.

• SockDev

@abarker said:

@RaceProUK said:
    I GOT THE FUCKING JOKE.

I CHOSE TO FUCKING IGNORE IT.

Not the first time a Whoosh has been awarded in such circumstances. I've received such. So has @accalia. Deal with it and move on.

you mean we shouldn't complain when this happens?

you of all people KNOW that BOTH of us dislike that badge with a passion.. AND STILL YOU CHOSE NOT ONLY TO FLAG FOR THAT BADGE BUT AWARD IT ON THE BASIS OF YOUR FLAG AND THE FLAG OF A TL4!

YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

• @accalia said:

AND STILL YOU CHOSE NOT ONLY TO FLAG FOR THAT BADGE BUT AWARD IT ON THE BASIS OF YOUR FLAG AND THE FLAG OF A TL4!

It got 3 flags. That's all it needs.

• mod

@loopback0 said:

It got 3 flags. That's all it needs.

Really, it just needs a staff member who wants to award it.

• SockDev

you are also on my shit list right now mister. don't push it.

• @accalia said:

you are also on my shit list right now mister.

And? Is there an award for that or something?

@accalia said:

don't push it.

Or what?

At least you're not out in front with 7 on your own any more.

• Jeeze, so much in such a short time.

Could not find exactly what I wanted, but I do have these:

Not in a nest but does look sad / unhappy

It's just so.......cute

I would not want to cross / upset this individual

Probably in poor taste now (it was the first I found) but I thought "I bet that this is what somebody is thinking right now"

OP Note: I have no issues if any or all of these are jeffed to the Emergency cute things thingy

• @accalia said:

YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!

They probably know they like the way you get angry when your fur is ruffled...

@RaceProUK said:

It seems they're being given out like Hallowe'en candy instead of by actual standards.

YMBNH.

@accalia said:

Maybe, and this is just an idea, you two could get over being freaked out by that badge. It's not the scarlet letter, you know.

@FrostCat said:

It's not the scarlet letter, you know.

You mean… it's pink with little yellow frills on it?

• SockDev

@FrostCat said:

@accalia said:

Maybe, and this is just an idea, you two could get over being freaked out by that badge. It's not the scarlet letter, you know.

It's not the badge that pisses me off. It's the lack of respect that it symbolizes when we have REPEATEDLY said we do not appreciate it and you STILL flag for and award that badge.

By constantly "awarding" that badge when we don't want it, have repeatedly said we don't want the badge nor do we agree with the awarding of the badge and it's shrugged off by "lol roll with it it's no big deal!" is a FUCKING BIG DEAL!

@accalia said:

you

I don't flag you for it, because you and your girlfriend get so butthurt about it. You'd think someone was slut-shaming you the way you two carry on.

Christ, I have two of them myself, and at least one of them was "earned" under the same circumstances you gripe about, but you don't see me constantly whining about it.

Grow up a little.

• SockDev

@FrostCat said:

I don't flag you for it, because you and your girlfriend get so butthurt about it.

I appreciate that, and thank you, @fFostCat, for that consideration.

To clarify my "you" in the prior post did not refer to you, @FrostCat, but rather to the forum population in general and @loopback0, @Yamikuronue, and most especially @abarker

@FrostCat said:

Christ, I have two of them myself

I have seven, as does @raceprouk. several of them awarded despite vigorous protest, most of them awarded for "missing" the joke by moving in an unexpected direction in reaction to the joke rather than missing it

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

@accalia said:

@Yamikuronue

And you and I have already talked in private about it :)

@accalia said:

most of them awarded for "missing" the joke

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

"Well, don't do that, then."

• SockDev

Do you have any idea what it feels like to have seven badges on your profile that basically say 'I'm an idiot'? Because I'll tell you right now, it's not a good feeling. In fact, it's a fucking terrible feeling, especially when less than half of them are genuine.

The one I 'earned' today feels no different to any time Blakey barges into a thread and labels me an idiot with no memory, simply because I made a small technical error. And that got to the stage where my activity dropped from 2000 posts/mo to 50, simply because I got so sick of it, I felt it was the only way to preserve what little sanity I had left.

And no, that's not a misplaced decimal. And I'll prove it; see July 2015.

Click for interactive graph.

• SockDev

@FrostCat said:

@accalia said:
    most of them awarded for "missing" the joke

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

"Well, don't do that, then."

you don't get it do you?

whatever. I'm far too tired to continue this tonight.

congratulations on "winning"

@accalia said:

you don't get it do you?

Look, all I'm saying is that I would probably alter my behavior if the badges bothered me that much.

What you're saying is that a bunch of random people you will never meet IRL, own you on this subject. Nobody's going to come spreading that badge into other forums or real life. Just let it go. Seriously, sit down with your legs crossed and meditate or whatever, but let it out of your psyche.

• SockDev

@FrostCat said:

Look, all I'm saying is that I would probably alter my behavior if the badges bothered me that much.

What behavior? interacting with the forum? replying to posts? trying to make jokes for the entertainment of others?

@FrostCat said:

What you're saying is that a bunch of random people you will never meet IRL, own you on this subject.
    no, what i'm saying is a bunch of other people who i have never meet IRL have been treating me repeatedly in a manner that i dislike and are persisting in said treatment.

We do not like being called FUCKING IDIOTS and want this entire forum to stop doing so.

you, the denizens of this forum who are handing out these badges, may not think that's what you are doing.. I'll even accept that you are not doing it with the intent to tell us that we are FUCKING IDIOTS, but that is how we feel each and every time we get the badge.

It hurts and we want you, the denizens of this forum, to stop!

• Sorry, obligatory "reminded of" joke:

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I touch here, here, here and.....here.
    Doctor: You have a broken finger

• I'm wooshing in how having a woosh badge is the same as saying you're an idiot....

• @RaceProUK said:

Yes

• @Luhmann said:

@RaceProUK said:

Yes

Shh! That's the joke!

• Oh God! Did I just whoosh?

• area_deu

It might be used as an idiot badge, but most of all it should be a badge for people with no sense of humor.

Which the two of you most definitely seem to be right now.

• Best part is that now GIS for "log-shaped potatoes" returns the TDWTF log and hedgehogs.

And also this:

• SockDev

Fuck you too then you callous bitch

• :belt_onion:

• @accalia said:

By constantly "awarding" that badge when we don't want it, have repeatedly said we don't want the badge nor do we agree with the awarding of the badge and it's shrugged off by "lol roll with it it's no big deal!" is a FUCKING BIG DEAL!

No one wants it.

@accalia said:

We do not like being called FUCKING IDIOTS and want this entire forum to stop doing so.

No one except @blakeyrat calls you fucking idiots. I doubt anyone is even intending that.
    Fifty fucking seven of these badges have been awarded - I've even got one - so stop acting like it's some big thing against you and Spiny.

• Sigh. Nobody ever gives me any flags. :sadface:

On second thoughts, I'll go with the sushi theme:

• :belt_onion:

@loopback0 said:

No one wants it.

Objection! I'd like one but I rarely reply unless I know what I'm talking about so the chances are pretty slim.

• area_deu

@loopback0 said:

No one wants it.

I only have the rare NoSQL version!

• I have that one too!

• @RaceProUK said:

Fuck you too then you callous bitch

Oh my God, you're being hilarious.

Now explain why the fuck should we keep tippy-toeing around you, you fucking spoiled brat. You have seven badges that call you out on saying stupid shit, and God knows how many more you got a pardon on because this whole forum is going out of their way not to provoke you into hurling abuse, and you still didn't learn your fucking lesson to think before you fucking post!

It's a badge of shame. Doesn't matter how much we subvert it and laugh about it, it's still a hint that "hey, you opened your mouth before you used your brain, please refrain from doing so in the future". And you choose to ignore that hint, and instead yell and scream at people who call you out like a fucking six year old in a toy store when Mommy didn't buy you a toy.

And you've been doing the screaming thing a lot lately, at the slightest or no provocation. And I remember you being the person who called people out when they were being harsh. And yet here you are, calling @aliceif a callous bitch.

And do you think you dropping your activity is a bad thing? That we should be sorry? That we should run to you and pretty fucking apologize, with cherry on top? Well tell you what, I for one am fucking relieved that I don't have to deal with your primadonna antics that often.

Look, either grow up, get help, or get the fuck out of here. And I'm serious now. Pretty much all you do lately is kick and scream, and it's pissing people off, and not in a funny way. You have fucking problems, and nobody wants you to treat this forum like some sort of fucking punching bag. If you can't deal with them like a mature, responsible, 30 year old adult, then you really need to get some help.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.