𝄯 Sharp Regrets: Top 10 Worst C# Features

• @Gribnit said:

Using a different tense for interfaces, such as a capability phrase, distinguishes them adequately:

HasBlood

DrinksBlood

HasWings

CanFly

In the kingdom of nouns, this would make interfaces adjectives I guess?

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@dkf said:

felt nauseous by “virtue” of what they'd done

I thought I'd elaborate on this. It was a classic that I hadn't thought about for years. 😄

The team who did this had a C# webapp that, for reasons best known to Codethulhu, had an embedded copy of a JRE that it used to run Tomcat. The Tomcat instance was used in part to run PHP via CGI. That is the only time I have ever glimpsed at a piece of code and just pushed the laptop away while uttering “Nope.” over and over.

Fortunately (for me) I didn't have to touch that code after all, and a few months later we were able to declare the project a success and bury it all in an unmarked grave.

• Considered Harmful

Yes, that sounds like the word for a part of speech that is the word for the part of speech that such a phrase would be if it were a word...

• @Magus said:

Taco Bell

TRWTF

@Magus said:

trying to pass off as terrifyingly hot
    Taco Hell is pretty wimpy, overall. Their "fire" sauce is really about medium.

@Magus said:

The Thai food cart a block from work has hotter things hands down.
    It would be the world's worst Thai food if it didn't.

• @HardwareGeek said:

It would be the world's worst Thai food if it didn't.

I agree, but I'm still disappointed when people present things as incredibly spicy to the point of only being something you'd use as a dare when I can get something far hotter without any indication at all, really easily.

• ♿ (Parody)

This stuff is super relative. The bigger the market they're targeting, the blander the food must be. I shrug off stuff that my wife can't handle (and she's used to spicier food than most people) and my 8 year old son gets overwhelmed by too much black pepper on something.

I do a simple chicken dish (which comes out almost like a really thick soup) that uses crushed red peppers. I used to get the dried peppers and crush / cut / rip them myself, but I'm lazy and it's just easier to use more of the already crushed red peppers. I typically make it just for myself, but recently I made a double batch for both of us. My wife requested that I not make it as hot as I normally do. I'm pretty sure I used less of the red pepper for the entire dish than I normally would when I make it just for me. It was still too hot for her.

Ask @Yamikuronue what "too spicy" means.

• BINNED

@boomzilla said:

I do a simple chicken dish (which comes out almost like a really thick soup) that uses crushed red peppers. I used to get the dried peppers and crush / cut / rip them myself, but I'm lazy and it's just easier to use more of the already crushed red peppers.

Another thing you can do is get dried ancho or New Mexico peppers and put them in a coffee grinder (this part is important) dedicated to that purpose. They don't really add much to the heat level, they just make everything magically delicious.

• @antiquarian said:

magically delicious.

I, for one, am uncertain that lucky charms are a good ingredient in spicy food.

• BINNED

@Magus said:

I, for one, am uncertain that lucky charms are a good ingredient in spicy food.

You lack imagination. I recommend watching a few episodes of Iron Chef, the original Japanese version, not the watered-down American remake.

@boomzilla said:

"too spicy"

When merely cooking the dish makes you think the air in the kitchen has been replaced with pepper spray, it's too spicy. 😂

• ♿ (Parody)

Nah...you just need better ventilation. 🍛

The only ventilation that would have worked for the incident I'm thinking about would have been to have been cooking outside (so very unlikely where I live; weather usually isn't suitable). But then I guess the neighbours would've complained…

• *Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. My personal
    preference was for Lux, but I found Palmolive had a nice, piquant
    after-dinner flavor - heady, but with just a touch of mellow smoothness.
    Life Buoy, on the other hand... *

• @dkf said:

@boomzilla said:
    "too spicy"

When merely cooking the dish makes you think the air in the kitchen has been replaced with pepper spray, it's too spicy. 😂

I am reminded of a thread that ran on soc.bi ages and ages ago in which someone asserted that there is no such thing as adding 'too much garlic' to roasted chicken. One wag replied with a recipe for 'Too Much Garlic Chicken' which not only used a heavy rub of garlic on the skin, but also stuffed the chicken entirely with whole cloves of garlic. The final line suggested that if that still wasn't too much garlic for them, that they should use the person saying so to stuff the next chicken.

Too be fair, it sounded like a delicious recipe to me, given that I love roasted garlic, but I was afraid they'd keep to their word about that last part 😨

@ScholRLEA said:

Too be fair, it sounded like a delicious recipe to me

Me too. Very garlic-y roast chicken is a wonderful thing.

But there is such a thing as too much garlic. Make a salad of marinated raw garlic, with ransome (wild garlic) leaves as the green component. Be prepared to have the office to yourself for a few days. You can also overdo it if you're making aioli or scodalia. And yes, I've made some of these mistakes…

• kills Dumbledore

@dkf said:

Be prepared to have the office to yourself for a few days

Sounds like you work with a bunch of vampires. Good riddance!

@Jaloopa said:

Sounds like you work with a bunch of vampires.

I think you underestimate the power of the dark side garlic overdose.

• If you put the garlic rests into your socks keeping them moist to let them rot, you'll have the building for yourself within a few weeks.

• I've actually had chemical burns in my mouth from garlic extract. Not fun. Layers of gums and roof of my mouth sloughed off.