From Guatemala to waterworst



  • I've already posted some stuff about the current software we use to keep track of project's time and all that stuff PM's and managers revolve around.

    Anyway, this product is being replaced by something called Kimble which runs on SalesForce and believe me, you haven't seen this sort of software with a UI so convoluted and complex like this one. I mean, with the other one I had a spread sheet like UI:

    Projects | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | Fri
    ---------------------------------------
    A        | 1h  |  2h |     |     |
    B        | 7h  |  6h |  8h |  8h |  8h
    

    Very simple and fast, but now I have this:

    And for each entry you have to click on that clock icon and use this dialog:

    One for each and every, single, entry. I work in at least 3 projects at the same time, every day, this means I have to fill that stupid form 15 times each week if I'm lucky (no support tickets or more projects).

    Did I mention this form is an AJAX heavy crap which reloads every time it opens and when the "Activity" combo is selected?

    Fuck, even if it was only in Swedish I would prefer the other one than this crap.

    Also, I though SalesForce was something quite recent, so why the hell is the UI so ugly and outdated?



  • @Eldelshell said:

    this means I have to fill that stupid form 15 times each week if I'm lucky (no support tickets or more projects).

    Now you need to create another entry for the amount of time it takes to create these entries.



  • Now that you mention it:



  • This makes me wonder how they're storing hours:



  • Obviously floating point! With the ".nn" referring to seconds, right?



  • Stealfarce? You have my sympathies. SDFC is easily some of the worst software I've ever had the misfortune to use. It was the reason I left my last job. Pray that you never have to code in Apex Nadir.



  • @Eldelshell said:

    Also, I though SalesForce was something quite recent, so why the hell is the UI so ugly and outdated?

    1. Why did you think SalesForce was recent? It's pretty ancient.

    2. Why do you think SalesForce, being recent, would be up-to-date on modern UI standards?



  • @dcon said:

    Now you need to create another entry for the amount of time it takes to create these entries.

    There's a reason I attribute at least one hour a week to admin tasks...



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Why did you think SalesForce was recent? It's pretty ancient.

    Because the "cloud" fad is quite recent and my brain placed together those pieces.

    The company was founded in 1999

    Ok, yes, it's old.

    @blakeyrat said:

    Why do you think SalesForce, being recent, would be up-to-date on modern UI standards?

    Because these days we have UX engineers and UI ninja's with much better tools.



  • @Eldelshell said:

    Because these days we have UX engineers and UI ninja's with much better tools.

    You mean like fingerpaint and popsicle sticks? You could probably build a better UX with those than with the crap SFDC gives you.


  • SockDev

    i've been dealing with that for months now.... i could build you a better UX with silly putty, and string constructed from hairs, plucked one by one from the tail of a lion, free upon the Savannah.

    i could also do it faster, even if i was the one that had to harvest the hairs.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.