Non-WTF Jobs WTF

• IT @ QVC - Great Minds Working Together

If they don't know the difference between "you're" (proper contraction of 'you are') and "your" (possessive pronoun), then I don't think I want the job.  Silly me.  I thought the definition of "great minds" would include a concept like "literacy."

• I like this one:

Replace a legacy of WFT filled code with a clean, sane system built from scratch.

What F*** Teh? 

• and why are the looking for c# experience when they want a vbs (asp.net) developer???
    or is it just the want both so the lucky winner understands their wft codebase?

• Because they want to cover all bases, plus it sounds funky to the PHB. Pretty standard. Also pretty standard is the ridiculous requirement that prospective employees know some new tech for longer than it has existed in the wild, like 2 years (provable) .NET 3.0 experience.

Wait a minute: VBS? VBS ain't ASP.NET, it's Classic ASP. So the answer to the latter question would be "most definitely".

• I don't see any mention of either VBS or .NET 3.0 in that ad. And the "WFT" is obviously just a typo.

• [quote user="onitake"]

and why are the looking for c# experience when they want a vbs (asp.net) developer???
    or is it just the want both so the lucky winner understands their wft codebase?

[/quote]

They're looking for a C# developer to build an ASP.NET application.

There is no contradiction here.

Now, if they were looking for an ASP developer, you'd have a leg to stand on.