Custom composer controls missing

• mod

The custom controls are missing ( :fa_eraser: :fa_info_circle:).

Filed Under: Can we get one Disco-update that doesn't break something? Just one?

• SockDev

@abarker said:

Filed Under: Can we get one Disco-update that doesn't break something? Just one?

given past history i think the answer to that is "no"

• mod

@accalia said:

given past history i think the answer to that is "no"

Do not like. :rage:

• SockDev

@abarker said:

Do not like.

neither do i, but i'm not trying to get that group to do proper testing.

• SockDev

@abarker said:

Do not like

Too late; already did... oh, you don't mean the Like button.

Also, FAO: @boomzilla, seems preventT1000Deletes() needs fixing again; seems Discourse.PostMenuView is undefined again

• Hrm....I thought @PJH figured that one out. Maybe he didn't fix all the styles, though...

• SockDev

I think what's needed is to test for all 27 possible ways to order the words Post, View, and Menu, and find the one that's defined, then copy that into the other 26 :trolleybus:

• BINNED

Then View swill be changed to Vw and it all starts again.

[spoiler]I know I have swill instead of will, but I'm leaving it in as a minor insult to Discourse. Or something[/spoiler]

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@boomzilla said:

Hrm....I thought @PJH figured that one out. Maybe he didn't fix all the styles, though...

Only for the :fa_code: button - seems I missed that function...

Not sure about :fa_eraser: or :fa_info_circle:, and I'm going offline for a couple of hours so can't look into it myself...

• @PJH said:

Only for the button - seems I missed that function...

Ah...I'll take a look at that and see if I can adopt it to the other stuff...

@PJH said:

I'm going offline for a couple of hours

It may take me a bit before I can get to it.

• mod

Well, I just resolved an issue with the composer in my CSS. They took the formerly static ID, which was the only way to uniquely identify the composer, and made it a CSS class. Not a bad change, it just broke my CSS. Could it be a similar issue here?

• The buttons are there but the way stuff is displayed seems to have changed somehow. Looking in chrome's dev tools, I see a `::before`` inside the button open / close tags of the native buttons, but not our custom ones, which are added like so:

window.PagedownCustom.appendButtons.push({
        	id:"wmd-del-button",
        	description:"del/ins correction",
        	execute:function(a){
        		a.before+="<del>"+a.selection+"</del><ins>";a.selection=" ";a.after="</ins>"+a.after
        	}
        });
        $(document.body).append('<style> #wmd-del-button::before {content: "\\f12d";}</style>');

• mod

It's looking for a button with ID "wmd-del-button", which doesn't exist. "wmd-del-button" is now a class. I believe the changes you need are along the following lines:

window.PagedownCustom.appendButtons.push({
        	class:"wmd-del-button",
        	description:"del/ins correction",
        	execute:function(a){
        		a.before+="<del>"+a.selection+"</del><ins>";a.selection=" ";a.after="</ins>"+a.after
        	}
        });
        $(document.body).append('<style> .wmd-del-button::before {content: "\\f12d";}</style>');

tl;dr: I was right about it being an ID converted to a class issue.

• @abarker said:

I believe the changes you need are along the following lines:

I came to the same conclusion. Refresh and it should be fixed in TDWTF default and widescreen.

• @abarker said:

"wmd-del-button", which doesn't exist.

If it did, it would have saved us a whole lot of trouble in Iraq.

• mod

Bravo!

• @HardwareGeek said:

@abarker said:
    "wmd-del-button", which doesn't exist.

If it did, it would have saved us a whole lot of trouble in Iraq.

Or it did exist, which explains why we found so little?

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.