You have ruined Javascript

• What about the EntityBuilderFactoryFactoryBuilderEntity?

• kills Dumbledore

@powerlord said:

EntityBuilderFactoryFactoryBuilderEntity

Palindromic Enterprise Bullshit

• Implements IPalindromicEnterpriseBullshitEntityBuilderFactoryFactoryBuilderEntity_real

• @Rhywden said:

MVVC

@accalia said:

MVVC

MVVC?

• Model-Viewmodel-View-Controller

It's a C# thing.

• It is? I use mvvm frequently for wpf, but I haven't heard of this one.

I just go learn It and apply It to all my projects!

• @coldandtired said:

MVVC?

Men's toilets

• @Magus said:

It is? I use mvvm frequently for wpf, but I haven't heard of this one.

I just go learn It and apply It to all my projects!

Yeah, just figured out that I mixed things up. 😦

• The thing with MVC is that it's pretty much broadly known by almost every developer. The problem is that by being so broad, some people do it in the wrong way.

BTW, Angular is not MVC but MVCSM (Model-View-Controller-Service-Manager)

• Thank god! I thought that, just when I was sorta getting the hang of MVVM, something new had come along to mess with me 🙂

• I've heard people talking about Angularjs. Now I'm just glad I'm so lazy. Saved me a headache.

It's all due to my standard mode of operation:

1. Ignore it
    2. Try to get away with not understanding the concepts (aka Stackoverflow)
    3. Grudgingly try to read the docs
    4. Confusion Despair Anger
    5. Realising that it all reduces down to simple concepts

More often than not, the concepts are mistaken and confused, so if you can avoid getting to stage 5, congratulations, you just saved your brain from integrating potential illogic.

• kills Dumbledore

Isn't Angular the one that's being completely orphaned for V2 anyway?

• If MVVM takes you more than about 2 hours to get the hang of, someone is doing something wrong. If I ever manage to publish my MVVM project template on Nuget, I'll post it here somewhere. Maybe even before. Our interns, who hadn't used C# or VS before, and came from primarily a 'C and Python on Mac OS' background figured out the whole thing really fast.

• @Maciejasjmj said:

...if it wasn't for the fact that Javascript without all the enterprise cruft was not a well designed language. It was a bloody mess. Completely fucking unmaintainable. Trust me, I tried.

Yeah, but you can write your own abstractions (assuming you're not an incompetent, what is the word, "script-monkey") and do a MUCH better job than Angular.js or most of those other open source JS frameworks. Which seem to be built specifically to be impossible to debug.

• @Rhywden said:

I have to admit: I'm not really sure what those factories, assemblies and whateverelsethereis are actually supposed to achieve? I'm confused by this hodgepodge of abstracting stuff away while using real-world idioms (like: factory).

There is a large class of programmers now who assume you've read "the design patterns book" and refuse to write any code that can't be described by "the design patterns book".

"The design patterns book" is maybe useful, but the name of every design is FUCKING AWFUL. "Factory" is a good example of a terrible name. Especially if you were writing software to manage, say, factories.

• @coldandtired said:

MVVC?

Yeah. It's MVC, but you add a view model-- the Model is what the database sees, the ViewModel is what the Controller sends out to the View.

It actually makes a lot of sense to me since it's pretty rare that the Model in the database matches the Model the front-end's trying to display to the user.

• @blakeyrat said:

"Factory" is a good example of a terrible name.

An interesting point. I'm not certain I agree, but only because the only alternative I can think of is along the lines of UniqueInstanceWithTheSameStuffBuilder, which wouldn't do at all. I'd be quite interested in a name that makes more sense.

• @blakeyrat said:

Especially if you were writing software to manage, say, factories.

BeanFactoryControllerInterfaceFactory?

• You can, but everybody rolling their own abstractions means that you have to relearn all the workings every time you jump projects.

Plus, not all programmers are good. And while digging through bad code is not the most pleasant experience, digging through bad code additionally obfuscated by ten layers of ABSTRACTING ALL THE THINGS is insanity waiting to happen.

With Angular or Ember or whatever, as silly as they can be, they're at least some standard.

• @Maciejasjmj said:

With Angular or Ember or whatever, as silly as they can be, they're at least some standard.

So is HL7. So is SOAP.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.