Win2k Task Manager suddenly borderless

• Odd question, I know, but the border on my Task Manager seems to have
    disappeared, I have no idea why or how. Any of you know how to get it
    back?

• Hmm, border has mysteriously reappeared, but I've still no idea why it
    went away. Any insight on this would be appreciated for future reference

• I once had task manager decide to never show up for me.  Once in a while I'd get the icon, then it would disappear and I couldn't get it back.  The windows task manager is a really stupid app, to say the least.  I guess that's why they finally purchased the brain power of sysinternals.com.  I only hope they incorporate their process explorer into windows, and ditch task manager.  So far all they have to show for their purchase of them is an update to their BSOD screensaver.  sigh

• To hide / show the menu bar and border, double click the area immediately surrounding the list of tasks. For example, immediately to the right of the scroll bar. Why this works the way it does is still a mystery to me, though.

• [quote user="MrAngus"]

To hide / show the menu bar and border, double click the area immediately surrounding the list of tasks. For example, immediately to the right of the scroll bar. Why this works the way it does is still a mystery to me, though.

[/quote]

This is more of a "full screen mode". It also hides the tabs as well the border. Why this option is not in the Options or View menu (with the client area double-click as a shortcut) is a WTF.

• Thanks. This also explains to me how it happened in the first place, must have double-clicked without realising it.

• As for the task manager not showing up anymore/disappearing after a split second, that might be an especially "clever" virus or malware. Some are killing the taskmanager process in order to prevent you from killing their process.

I suggest a virus scan

• Ditto. I had to get rid on of those myself. A virus scan (even a web-based) won't suffice when you have to deal with a very clever one - the variety I encountered killed the resident Symantec antivirus, online virus scanners, taskmgr, regedit, and even HijackThis. I had to reboot into console mode and use shell commands.

• Wooot! Im cured.  My pc has had this stupid task bar problem for months.  This thing seem so bizarrely screwed up that i thought it was unfixable.  I decided that it was semi-tolerable and just put up with it (hit ctrl+tab to go to different views).  I feel like i just got rid of a pebble that was stuck in my shoe.  Thanks!