Crontab is very 1982

• SockDev

Crontab is very 1982

It also Just Fucking Works™

• I'd wonder if CommaToast was a @blakeyrat handle, except he would never have recommended node or java.

• Fake News

It could be his evil twin!

• I suppose, given the same reasoning, that hardware (the CPU specifically) should be designed to execution human readable code directly rather than use the archaic and outdated Machine Code.

I have mentioned before that I read Science Fiction. A recurring theme is one where an advanced civilisation has forgotten it's past and are forced to rediscover fire in order to survive. I have, in the past, found such a concept difficult to believe, but more and more I am witnessing examples of it actually happening. There was a television programme / documentary a little while back where some young adults (around 20 or so) were shocked / amazed at where leather came from.

If you extend the reasoning to it's ultimate conclusion, you can understand why any future AI would want to be rid of humans.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.