This time Ember is not to blame

• ###1 month ago:

Ahh, finally done with my ember 1.11 update. Thing has been in production for weeks and is humming nicely. Bye bye stupid update branch.

git branch -d ember11
    git push origin :ember11

Off to better things!

###Today:

Hmm, this is strange. I'm using Ember property lookups that should spew deprecation warnings, yet I don't see anything. Wait... no way. Let me just check...

Ember.VERSION
    >> 1.9

Wat.

But this was branched off master! Where is Ember 1.11?

Wait.

What's running in production?

Ember.VERSION
    >> 1.9

But but........ WAT!?

...wait

...oh

MFW I remember the Ember testing in production was running on the ember11 branch
    MFW I remember I have at some point reverted the production to its normal "production" branch
    MFW I realize I beforehand forgot to merge ember11 into master and update the production branch
    MFW I realize I deleted both the local and remote copy of the update branch
    MF as I scroll through git reflog, looking for deleted ember11 branch
    MFW I give up on reflog and fire up my VM backup, where I still have local copy of ember11
    MF as I go through 1 month worth of updates and manually merge everything to be ember11 compatible.

(pic related)

Filed under: I felt 4chan style was appropriate here

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@cartman82 said:

Bye bye stupid update branch.

I really like using something like the github branch map to figure out what the rest of the world is going to see before I delete anything. Makes sure that I don't do dumb stuff.

I also rarely delete branches.

• @dkf said:

I really like using something like the github branch map to figure out what the rest of the world is going to see before I delete anything. Makes sure that I don't do dumb stuff.

I also rarely delete branches.

Lately I've been doing small feature branches, so if I didn't delete any, I'd go insane trying to manage things.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@cartman82 said:

Lately I've been doing small feature branches, so if I didn't delete any, I'd go insane trying to manage things.

I've got 420 branches in one of my repos. Nurse assures me I'm not mad.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.