This time Ember is not to blame

• ###1 month ago:

Ahh, finally done with my ember 1.11 update. Thing has been in production for weeks and is humming nicely. Bye bye stupid update branch.

git branch -d ember11
    git push origin :ember11

Off to better things!

###Today:

Hmm, this is strange. I'm using Ember property lookups that should spew deprecation warnings, yet I don't see anything. Wait... no way. Let me just check...

Ember.VERSION
    >> 1.9

Wat.

But this was branched off master! Where is Ember 1.11?

Wait.

What's running in production?

Ember.VERSION
    >> 1.9

But but........ WAT!?

...wait

...oh

MFW I remember the Ember testing in production was running on the ember11 branch
    MFW I remember I have at some point reverted the production to its normal "production" branch
    MFW I realize I beforehand forgot to merge ember11 into master and update the production branch
    MFW I realize I deleted both the local and remote copy of the update branch
    MF as I scroll through git reflog, looking for deleted ember11 branch
    MFW I give up on reflog and fire up my VM backup, where I still have local copy of ember11
    MF as I go through 1 month worth of updates and manually merge everything to be ember11 compatible.

(pic related)

Filed under: I felt 4chan style was appropriate here

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@cartman82 said:

Bye bye stupid update branch.

I really like using something like the github branch map to figure out what the rest of the world is going to see before I delete anything. Makes sure that I don't do dumb stuff.

I also rarely delete branches.

• @dkf said:

I really like using something like the github branch map to figure out what the rest of the world is going to see before I delete anything. Makes sure that I don't do dumb stuff.

I also rarely delete branches.

Lately I've been doing small feature branches, so if I didn't delete any, I'd go insane trying to manage things.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@cartman82 said:

Lately I've been doing small feature branches, so if I didn't delete any, I'd go insane trying to manage things.

I've got 420 branches in one of my repos. Nurse assures me I'm not mad.