No REST for the wicked

• @Shoreline said:

I assume they're bigger than you

Yes.

@Shoreline said:

your company needs their money.

Less and less so. They used to be The single largest contract we had, but the business we get from them has slowly been dwindling. To compensate, we've been replacing them with dozens of smaller contracts to minimize our dependence on a single customer. CEO wants to keep them happy in case they need to send more business our way again.

@Shoreline said:

Sounds as though you have crossed over into the world of savagery.

This way there be monsters.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@JBert said:

Oh, and did I mention that you don't need to poke holes in the firewall in both ways? The whole "one connection one way, another in the other direction" is just mental.

PASV has been a thing for a long time. Pity the crufty systems probably don't support it anyway, and the number of firewall holes is still too large.

• Well, we're working with this API which is all POST requests and It won't work if you set a wrong Origin header. But TRWTF is that this API is being built on 2015. You can find 100s of tutorials on how to do this right by now.
    There's another one which returns some weird JSON and instead of using the Accept header, uses a URL argument.