Blech

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@accalia said:

nodejs [...] proper website.

Hey, it's been a while since you got :flags:.

• sockdevs

really‽ i thought the reference to linux hardware would be sufficient to tell you i was playing along with the joke....

:death_glare.mov:

@accalia said:

i thought the reference to linux hardware would be sufficient to tell you i was playing along with the joke

You almost had me convinced you got the joke with node+systemd, but you spoiled it by mentioning nginx, and I thought, "better safe than miss a chance at a joke."

• sockdevs

Counter- :triangular_flag_on_post:

• @RaceProUK said:

Counter-

Cut that shit out you guise.

• sockdevs

i took a while looking to see if i could come up with a replacement technology for systemd so i could keep the starting with N thing going (that's why nosql is there but crossed out)

@boomzilla said:

Admin duties cutting into your time-wasting? :smile:

• sockdevs

@boomzilla said:

I would, but I'm not a licensed proctologist :stuck_out_tongue:

• I'm going to use recursion to get this jeff off topic.

You're going to jeff off? eeewww.

• Well, jack was not available.

• I'm with @FrostCat on this - :fa_flag_checkered:

• sockdevs

Really? Even with the mention of 'linux hardware'?

I have to say, even though some of those whoosh badges were genuinely earned, I'm starting to wonder if this is starting to become more than just flagging whooshes…

• @RaceProUK said:

Really? Even with the mention of 'linux hardware'?

That doesn't disqualify a whoosh.

The Fox could have missed the joke but still made another on the back of it, which is what I think happened here.

• sockdevs

@RaceProUK said:

starting to become more than just flagging whooshes…

no, we're clearly into "it annoys accalia and we like it when she's annoyed so lets give her woosh badges at the flimsiest excuse" territory now.

i am not ammused

• @accalia said:

we're clearly into "it annoys accalia and we like it when she's annoyed so lets give her woosh badges at the flimsiest excuse"

Bollocks is it, or I'd find every tenuous opportunity and then @PJH would run a report showing I made like 50 flags in a month. Again.
    Especially considering there's always the chance for the awarders to go "Nah you're just taking the piss now, quit it".

• sockdevs

@loopback0 said:

That doesn't disqualify a whoosh.

You know she doesn't like getting those badges; that's why I never flag her for them. It's bad enough that I feel a little responsible for her earning one or two regardless when I post saying 'I won't flag'; it draws attention, which is not my intention.

And I can understand why she feels that way; my latest whoosh badge wasn't exactly deserved. I noticed my mistake very quickly, and deleted the post. And I got the badge anyway.

Claim bias all you want, but this is beyond just flagging whooshes now.

• Besides, there are easier ways to annoy @accalia without needing Staff assistance :laughing:

• sockdevs

@loopback0 said:

Bollocks is it, or I'd find every tenuous opportunity

you already do. how much more tenuous do we need to get?

to i need to start including an "i'm not wooshing" warning in every one of my posts now?

except even that wouldn't work because you'd find some post that was serious and flag me for a metawoosh because i wooshed on not wooshing!

• sockdevs

One other thing I'd like to add: @accalia never flags anyone else for whooshing

Ever stop to think why? For fuck's sake, she has my permission to flag me, and she still doesn't.

• @RaceProUK said:

You know she doesn't like getting those badges

Are people supposed to like getting those :badger:s?

@RaceProUK said:

my latest whoosh badge wasn't exactly deserved.

And yet...
    @RaceProUK said:
    I noticed my mistake very quickly

So you still missed the joke even if you realised.

@RaceProUK said:

Claim bias all you want

I didn't.

Look - if I was doing it because it fucks off @accalia then I'd have achieved that, and carry it on now because it'd be funny to run with it. But I'm not - so I'm bored because carrying on this debate makes it seem like I give more of a shit than I really do.

Filed under: Look what you started @FrostCat

• @RaceProUK said:

Ever stop to think why?

She doesn't like it - you've covered this. It's a badge of shame - that's the point.

• sockdevs

@loopback0 said:

It's a badge of shame

Exactly! It's a badge that is awarded when the whoosher clearly should have known better, not when the joke is carried on to the next stage!

@loopback0 said:

Look what you started @FrostCat

What? I think the yipping is funny, plus I'm just giving Spiny Norman the chance to hear Foxy's melodious voice.

• sockdevs

@FrostCat said:

What? I think the yipping is funny, plus I'm just giving Spiny Norman the chance to hear Foxy's melodious voice.

And I can trigger that without having to resort to flagging for a whoosh so tenuous it's non-existent.

• @RaceProUK said:

not when the joke is carried on to the next stage!

And I am of the opinion that this was not the case. So I flagged. That's how the system works.

We're not going to agree on this so let's just quit it.

Filed under: FWIW both of us who have claimed to flag hold the :badger: too

• sockdevs

In which case you give me no choice but to counter-flag, and draw attention tot he fact that this flagging business is getting beyond a joke.

@RaceProUK said:

In which case you give me no choice but to counter-flag

:frystare: TDEMSYR

I have to admit, though, the idea of counter-flagging as some kind of tagback seems right up the abuse alley you'd see here. @wood's probably clutching his chest about now, feeling a great disturbance in the Discforce.

• sockdevs

So what you're saying is that me counter-flagging for what I see as, let's face it, bullying, is non-sensical.

That attitude sickens me.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@FrostCat said:

Discforce

+📖

FWIW, I'd be inclined to agree with @accalia and @raceprouk on this one... That really doesn't look like a whoosh to me, especially since she carried the joke.

@abarker said:

Alright y'all, this one is clearly getting out of hand. Let's drop it. It some of you feel that it ends up being a case of @accalia missing out on a deserved badge, then so be it.

Also that.

• sockdevs

@RaceProUK said:

@accalia never flags anyone else for whooshing

According to my outbound PM box i've handed out the following flags since january:

two jeff requests
    one for a suspected later confirmed spammer
    one to initiate a conversation with the mods on a non flag issue that has since been resolved
    three pedantry (because people seem to like that one)
    one for spellar pedantry (again people seem to like that one)
    one wiki request
    one woosh on @RaceProUK, that i later regretted but it was too late and that post eventually got three other woosh flags anyway.

on the other hand i've used the flag option to send PMs to the poster aproximately eleventy bajillion times (probably about 100 times. i lost count pretty quickly)

i'd keep going farther back in my history but that tab is chugging pretty hard now and the patterns pretty clear by now. i've also forgotten exactly what my point was with counting all those...

oh right. I dislike the woosh badge with a passion and do not wish for any more of them nor will i participate in that game of awarding people badgers that they do not wish for. I'd appreciate it if other people tried to do the same.

• mod

Alright y'all, this one is clearly getting out of hand. Let's drop it. If some of you feel that it ends up being a case of @accalia missing out on a deserved badge, then so be it.

@RaceProUK said:

So what you're saying is that me counter-flagging for what I see as, let's face it, bullying, is non-sensical.

That attitude sickens me.

No, what I'm saying is that I think you're going off the deep end a bit here, especially when you call it bullying.

• @RaceProUK said:

So what you're saying is that me counter-flagging ... is non-sensical.

You got pissy because we flagged, and your response to us doing something you see as unacceptable is to do the same thing? TDEMS. Knock yourself out though if it makes you feel better.

• sockdevs

OK, fucking stop this shit RIGHT NOW.

This isn't on. You are bullying my friend, and I want it to stop.

@abarker said:

If some of you feel that it ends up being a case of @accalia missing out on a deserved badge, then so be it.

I was just joking around a bit. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

• @abarker said:

Let's drop it.

I tried that. It carried on. I'm definitely bailing now though.

• mod

@FrostCat said:

I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

• This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.