Spellar ... in the Spellar/Gramming badges?

• mod

I was just looking over the badge descriptions and I noticed this:

Yes, those are the description for the Spellar/gramming Nazi badges. Yes, they say "predicable" instead of "predictable".

How has this not been seen before?

• sockdevs

i think it has.

i have recollection of @PJH saying basically: "trol-lol-lol-lol" when that was pointed out.

of course my brain is a notorious liar so you should take that memory with a grain of salt.

• mod

Couldn't find anything with discosearch, so ...

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@accalia said:

i have recollection of @PJH saying basically: "trol-lol-lol-lol" when that was pointed out.

No, the typo I did that for was one of the attendance badges. This one hasn't been brought up before that I recall, and a search on posts.raw in the database for predicable only brings up the OP here.

• sockdevs

@PJH said:

No, the typo I did that for was one of the attendance badges.

stupid brain.... always lying to me....

/me punches brain

OWW! THAT HURT!

• mod

@accalia said:

OWW! THAT HURT!

...that wasn't your brain....

• mod

@accalia said:

/me punches brain

OWW! THAT HURT!

<!-- Ignoring the joke for reasons -->

WRONG!

The brain itself has no nerves for sensing … well, anything. If you actually had direct access to your brain such that you could punch it, it would not hurt. The only exception to this is if you just happened to hit an area responsible for processing pain, but it wouldn't be your brain that hurt. It would be some other part of your body. In all likely hood, you'd smell, see, taste, or remember something.

Of course, this is assuming that your punch actually triggered some synaptic firing instead of just causing brain damage.

Edit: :hanzo:d in the search for pedantry :confused:

• sockdevs

@abarker said:

In all likely hood, you'd smell, see, taste, or remember something.

So you could hallucinate simply by tapping the brain correctly?

Cool :sunglasses:

• mod

@RaceProUK said:

So you could hallucinate simply by tapping the brain correctly?

Theoretically. This is part of why brain surgeons keep patients conscious. They stimulate different parts of the brain around where they are operating to help minimize the damage.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

@abarker said:

synaptic firing

Read that as "syntactic firing".

Ok, sleep, now.

• mod

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.