Forza website/community

• I've been playing the freebie Forza presents Fast & Furious on the old xbox 360. This is my first real exposure to Forza and it's pretty fun stuff. So I wander over to the official website (http://www.forzamotorsport.net/) to see what they have going on over there. This is a really nice looking game, lets see what they're showing off in the gallery... and it wants me to log in with a Microsoft account? To look at pictures? well ok whatever, let's use that 15 year old hotmail account that's not good for anything else now, login successful. And then I get this:

Well yeah, this is a basically throwaway email account that has nothing to do with xbox live, nor do I even have an xbox live account because I'm playing on my roommate's xbox. Now all the pages give me this bullshit until I sign out. I can't even look at the pages that I was allowed to see before I logged in.

Isn't the point of posting promo stuff on a public facing website to attract people to your property? How is that supposed to work if you won't let me see anything without paying you money first?

• @fwd said:

paying you money first

Xbox Live accounts are free

• Don't you need to pay to get anything useful from them though? Been years since mine was active (or box plugged into anything).

• SockDev

Silver accounts are, but you need a Gold account to play games online; that costs cash money

• How do you even have an Xbox 360 without a Live account? Have you just literally never plugged the network cable in?

• @blakeyrat said:

How do you even have an Xbox 360 without a Live account?

in the OP:

@fwd said:

nor do I even have an xbox live account because I'm playing on my roommate's xbox

Thus he doesn't have one.

• Reading is for nerds.

• @locallunatic said:

anything useful

Define useful. Tracking achievements, managing purchases, having an avatar, and having a friend's list (even if you can't play with them) are all part of the Silver account.

@RaceProUK said:

Silver accounts are, but you need a Gold account to play games online; that costs cash money

Don't tell me. Tell the guy who thought he had to pay.

• @IngenieurLogiciel said:

Define useful.

From your list it sounds like you can still make purchases (which makes sense), so I guess that. Was just running off of memory.

• gold or silver doesn't matter because I have no need for either other outside of wanting to use the forza website. they fact they insist I have one just look at content most guys would happily show off without forcing me through hoops is what's baffling.

• area_deu

@fwd said:

Isn't the point of posting promo stuff on a public facing website to attract people to your property? How is that supposed to work if you won't let me see anything without paying you money first?

I might be wrong, but the actual game promo material seems to be openly accessible - it's only the community gallery that seems restricted.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.