The "Everything Zenimax has Done Wrong with Morrowind" digest.

• :belt_onion:

Agreed. PC Diablo or nothing.

• :belt_onion:

@FrostCat said:

Oh, wait. That's right, Blakeydrax read what you wrote and as usual did an excellent job stringing two consecutive sentences together.

Also, tbh, I thought he was referring to the earlier parts of his post about MMOs in general and didn't realize he meant that's how Diablo should work on a tablet until he said it explicitly in the next post.

• It was simply your mind's natural immune response, cultivated by your time here.

• Damn, that takes me back. The days when Half Life and Lost were relevant things instead of disappointments that petered out :P

• @Buddy said:

One thing I would really love to see in mmos is for gaining levels to add a handicap, as in a reduction of base stats, while still adding abilities. The idea being that you start out as a big dumb lunk who can only left-click-hit things, then as you get used to that you gain more skills, while becoming more fragile—which forces you to use those skills.

So, top-tier players at the level cap would still be able to own almost anyone, just as long as they never get hit; beginners would be valuable—even to a high-level party—as tanks; and everyone in between would be able to rise to whatever level their skill allows.

Or, in other words, a form of diminishing returns. EVE already does that in several areas, despite being a basically statless system. This means that newbs are valuable, just in different spots than you envision (they don't tank well, but can do wonders with tackle and electronic warfare -- ask anyone who's been the victim of the CFC FuckYouFleet doctrine).

• GUYZ let me tell you how your idea is inferior to what EVE Online is already doing.

• ♿ (Parody)

@blakeyrat said:

GUYZ let me tell you how your idea is inferior to what EVE OnlineMS is already doing.

FTFB