Communicating bad news

• Brillant, rub salt in the wound by abusing Powerpoint:

: P

• Beyond all imagination... They made a template for bad news?! OMGWTFBBQ!

• It makes sense when you think about it.  Who would know better about delivering bad news (to everyone except investors) than Microsoft?

• Sheriff of Rottingham: Sire, I have news!

Prince John: And what sort of news do you have? It's not bad news, is it? You know I can't take bad news. The day started out so good. I had a good night's sleep, I had a good B.M. I don't want to hear any bad news. So, what kind of news is it?

Sheriff of Rottingham: Well, to be perfectly frank, it's bad.

Prince John: [shouts] I knew it! I knew it would be bad news. Wait, I have an idea. Maybe if you tell me the *bad* news in a *good* way, it wouldn't sound so bad.

Sheriff of Rottingham: [thinking] The bad news in a good way. Yes, I can do that. The bad news in a good way. Well, here it goes.

• I tried to download the template but got this: 

To automatically download templates, you need to upgrade your operating system:

Run Microsoft Windows® 2000 (Service Pack 3) or any later version of Microsoft Windows. Please note that Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME do not meet the requirements for downloading Office Online templates.

I guess I need to upgrade my Linux OS to XP or something :-)

• [quote user="manner"]

I tried to download the template but got this: 

Run Microsoft Windows® 2000 (Service Pack 3) or any later version of Microsoft Windows. Please note that Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME do not meet the requirements for downloading Office Online templates.

[/quote]

That is bad news!

• [quote user="manner"]

[/quote]

And don't forget to use IE so you can use the wonders of ActiveX to automatically download the templates.
    Or, you can continue using something other that IE, and have Microsoft persist in noting that you are "not solving the problem".

• [quote user="manner"]

[/quote] Ubuntu user reporting ;). I downloaded the cab-file without any problems, using Firefox 1.5 on Ubuntu 6.06...

And I wouldn't consider changing from Ubuntu to XP an upgrade anyway.

• [quote user="mbvlist"] Ubuntu user reporting ;). I downloaded the cab-file without any problems, using Firefox 1.5 on Ubuntu 6.06...

[/quote]

Ditto... Great, so now I have a .CAB file; WTF am I suppose to do with a frigging .CAB file? OpenOffice sure don't wanna know about it.

• [quote user="nobody"][quote user="mbvlist"] Ubuntu user reporting ;). I downloaded the cab-file without any problems, using Firefox 1.5 on Ubuntu 6.06...

[/quote]

Ditto... Great, so now I have a .CAB file; WTF am I suppose to do with a frigging .CAB file? OpenOffice sure don't wanna know about it.
    [/quote]Use cabextract to extract the files from that container. :) ('sudo apt-get cabextract' if I'm not mistaken)