Put the webcomic on a wooden table, take a photo...

• I propose that this thread be the "wooden table sightings" thread. I further suggest that we be inclusive, and allow other types of tables and surfaces as well.

• That table seems a bit too perfect.  Perhaps this is a first: a computer rendered table!

• [quote user="djork"]That table seems a bit too perfect.  Perhaps this is a first: a computer rendered table![/quote]

I don't think so. From the news entry that goes with the comic:

"Faced with miles of ice and idiots between his home and work (and a
    reported eight hour commute), Gabe chose to hole up in Fort Krahulik,
    which means no tablet and no scanner."

• [quote user="halcyon"]

[quote user="djork"]That table seems a bit too perfect.  Perhaps this is a first: a computer rendered table![/quote]

[/quote]

I think it actually looks good.  Perhaps it's really the result of no scanner, or maybe the artist was just being creative -- either way, it came out well.

• Definately the result of no scanner; I'm from the same area and the report of an 8-hour commute (to go 30 miles) is not a lie. I'm shocked/thrilled they got anything up at all, much less something that actually looked good.

• [quote user="djork"]That table seems a bit too perfect.  Perhaps this is a first: a computer rendered table![/quote]

I wouldn't say too perfect, I'd say obviously fake.

• [quote user="shadowman"][quote user="halcyon"]

[quote user="djork"]That table seems a bit too perfect.  Perhaps this is a first: a computer rendered table![/quote]

[/quote]

I think it actually looks good.  Perhaps it's really the result of no scanner, or maybe the artist was just being creative -- either way, it came out well.

[/quote]

Agreed.  Bonus points for "elaborate" in the same news entry.

I can see Web 0.2 now ...

1. Render picture onto computer-rendered wooden table.
    2. Print it out.
    3. Lay it on a real wooden table.
    4. You know the rest.

(And each successive version of Web < 1.0 can add further layers of recursion at step 1!)

• Ok... I've been looking and looking and I can't find the original "wooden table" post.  Can someone please enlighten me?

I do remember it had something to do with an explanation of how to set the background of a web page.  Also, this might be useful for the new people to the group to finally understand this inside joke (like Paula Bean, fist, etc).

Maybe make a glossary thread with references? :P

• [quote user="skippy"]

Ok... I've been looking and looking and I can't find the original "wooden table" post.  Can someone please enlighten me?

[/quote]

http://thedailywtf.com/forums/thread/73660.aspx

• [quote user="iwpg"]

http://thedailywtf.com/forums/thread/73660.aspx

[/quote]

Thank you!