Send Invites buttons in other's profiles

• Why do I get the "Send invites" thing when watching someone's else profile?

Also, if I can mute users I would also like to follow/friend users and see all their posts or replies.

"As a user I want to follow another user and receive notifications when they post new topics or new replies"

• SockDev

@Eldelshell said:

"As a user I want to follow another user and receive notifications when they post new topics or new replies"

are you sure about that? great way to get notification spammed by following someone in the 5% club (or the spoon holder)

• SockDev

@accalia said:

are you sure about that? great way to get notification spammed by following someone in the 5% club (or the spoon holder)

True, but it would at least be a voluntary action ;)

• SockDev

to follow them... yes.

and to be honest it is a logical expansion of the mute user functionality.

extend it to have the same tracking levels as topics.

not sure if it's something the discodevs would approve of though.

• BINNED

INB4 custom CSS that sets the button's content to Stalk user.

• SockDev

I know ProBoards has a 'follow user' feature, so there is precedent. I don't use it myself though; I fear it'd feel a bit like stalking that user…

• BINNED

• @accalia said:

not sure if it's something the discodevs would approve of though.

Too hard maybe. Anyway, this would give Discourse the place it deserves as a social network.

• SockDev

I've asked about this over on meta.d:
    https://meta.discourse.org/t/follow-user-feature-yay-or-nay/26981?u=raceprouk

I don't expect many positive responses; I guess many would feel a bit like I do about it.

• SockDev

and closed.... but at least @zogstrip pointed out the topic that you duped so we can all follow that one now. ;-)

• Wow, February 2013! Now I feel Hanzo'd big time.

• Yeah, I posted there a while ago. As I said there, it's something I would definitely use on meta.d. Here, not so much.

• BINNED

Hey, maybe we can make a b...

I... I'll shut up now.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.