No Pets, children, etc.

• The following statement has been taken directly from an email my company just sent providing details about the Annual Holiday Party. I guess they want to make sure that nobody brings their goats or their etcetera.

<font face="Gill Sans MT" size="2">This is anEmployee Only event.  (no spouses, significant others, pets, children, etc.)</font>

• Damnit!  Now I'll have to leave my etcetera home alone!

Oh well, at least they didn't say anything about mistresses...

• Now, of all possible pets why would anyone only think of a goat?

Beats me. 

• [quote user="Albatross"]

Oh well, at least they didn't say anything about mistresses...

[/quote]

Naturally... They're all employees too.

• [quote user="kuroshin"]

Now, of all possible pets why would anyone only think of a goat?

Beats me. 

[/quote]

Bleats me. 

• What's the WTF here? I've seen people bring pets to company events before, and etc covers stuff like friends and anything else not thought of. It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

• the last christmas party I went to at my former employer, they charged $5 for tickets, which was just a way of making sure you would show up if you rsvp'd.  The actual cost was about $100 per person which was picked up by the company.  So this programmer bought tickets and couldn't make it so he gave them to his friend and his wife.  Everybody was looking sideways at these people, who clearly stood out.  So every party after that had a very similar disclaimer attached to it.  A wtf no doubt but you need to the disclaimers to avoid the loopholes.

• [quote user="AliceInDilbertLand"]

<font face="Gill Sans MT" size="2">...This is anEmployee Only event.  (no spouses, significant others, pets, children, etc.)</font>

[/quote]<font size="+1">P</font>eople without children often treat their pets as children, buying them expensive gifts, giving them their own bedroom and taking excessive amounts of pictures.

ps: I mean pets as dog or cat not goats or other farm animals.

• I love how pets are higher on the list than children. Kinda shows where the priorities lie. :D

• [quote user="HeroreV"]What's the WTF here? I've seen people bring pets to company events before, and etc covers stuff like friends and anything else not thought of. It seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    [/quote]

WTF kind of events is your company hosting?!

• [quote user="triso"][quote user="AliceInDilbertLand"]

<font face="Gill Sans MT" size="2">...This is anEmployee Only event.  (no spouses, significant others, pets, children, etc.)</font>

[/quote]<font size="+1">P</font>eople without children often treat their pets as children, buying them expensive gifts, giving them their own bedroom and taking excessive amounts of pictures.

[/quote]

In my organisation people have been asking recently for a special type of leave allowance so they can look after their sick goldfish (etc.)  

• [quote user="IntentionallyLeftBlank"]kind of events is your company hosting?![/quote]

maybe they work for a South Park style PETA :¬)

rilly rilly sorry, couldn't resist

• sounds like a passion party or something...  perhaps a circle jerk?

• [quote user="triso"][quote user="AliceInDilbertLand"]

ps: I mean pets as dog or cat not goats or other farm animals. [/quote]

Excessive amounts of pictures? Who are you to judge? I do not own any pets but I know people who fawn over their pets quite a bit; it seems a little strange to me but why judge them like that? If that's what they enjoy and that's what they want to do with their life, I say more power to them.

People are so interested in making sure everyone else enjoys exactly the same things and the correct amount of enjoyment as everyone else; it's sickening.

Personally, it looks like you do an excessive amount of judging of others.

sincerely,
    Richard Nixon