New Pedantry Badge Proposal!

• mod

Continuing the discussion from Status: Harder Better Faster Stronger:

@RaceProUK said:

Lawyer
    noun

Pedantic dickweed extraordinaire

I hereby propose a 4th level pedantry badge (above the Margrave Pedantic Dickweed of the Most Perverse Order of the Purple Dildo).

Name: Must be a Lawyer
    Criteria: Awarded at the discretion of the Sovereign (or His/Her designated assistants). 5 gold awards will probably result in the award of this badge. Potential recipients should page a moderator if they believe they should be awarded one of these.

• sockdevs

hmm.... i'd actually say it might be better to have a parallel progression to the royalty awards. for applications of pedantry that lack that level of dickweedishness that would elevate them to royalty status but still retain enough charm in their own right to warrant recognition.

that would be my vote at least (a vote that doesn't count for anything, but a vote nevertheless.

• For the person who manages to get 125 (unless my Maths is screwed) pedantry badgers?

• sockdevs

@loopback0 said:

Yep!
    @accalia said:
    for applications of pedantry that lack that level of dickweedishness that would elevate them to royalty status but still retain enough charm in their own right to warrant recognition.

It'd make it easier for me to get a pendantry badger, at least, so I'm all for it :smile:

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Sooo... you saw that nobody has recieved the highest pedant-badge, yet ... and your immediate reaction to it was "Hey, let's add another badge after that one"...

Filed Under: WAT?

• @Kuro said:

and your immediate reaction to it was "Hey, let's add another badge after that one"...

Dude's gotta have a dream.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@abarker said:

5 gold awards will probably result in the award of this badge.

I left gaps around the ones I did select for the titles for any particular expansion that might have been required close to the existing badges.

• mod

Yeah, but looking at the definition that @RaceProUK gave for Lawyer, it would have to be the top pedantry badge.

• sockdevs

But, thinking about it, a lawyer could be overruled by a royal decree…

• mod

@RaceProUK said:

But, thinking about it, a lawyer could be overruled by a royal decree…

Only until they find a new loophole. ;)

• Since I've been wondering about the 'dickweed' part of the definition I googled 'pedantic dickweed'. Interesting way to trace users of wtdwtf on other forums...

... Fun makefile pun, @ben_lubar.

• sockdevs

@Mikael_Svahnberg said:

I googled 'pedantic dickweed'

I just did that.
    First result: the old forum.
    Second result: Blakeyrat's Twitter.
    Fourth result: Dwarf Fortress.

• Yup. Which makes me wonder who is behind result number three...

Edit: inb4 :goat:

• sockdevs

@Mikael_Svahnberg said:

Yup. Which makes me wonder who is behind result number three...

It's another Twitter account, but not one I would think to associate with anyone on this forum.

• Nor me, upon closer inspection. Maybe a lurker?

• sockdevs

Or just some random; I would think the phrase 'pedantic dickweed' has found its way into many a lexicon by now.

• Spoilsport!

• @Kuro said:

Sooo... you saw that it isn't 2000 yet ... and your immediate reaction to it was "Hey, let's make sure dates can handle y2k"...

Filed Under: THAT'S WAT!

FTFY

• mod

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.