A new badge

• area_deu

Continuing the discussion from Enlightened:

@NeighborhoodButcher said:

I think a Meltdown badge is appropriate.

I feel like there should be a firestarter badge that should get awarded when luring an important person of a project/piece of software to the forums just to have a flamewar with them.

• sockdevs

Do we really want to encourage people to do that though?

• sockdevs

i think thats already happening since i started the counting thread

• sockdevs

Yeah, but that's between already-established members normally, and that itself is a natural result of having so many opinionated people (and foxes, hedgehogs, et al). But this new badge would 'reward' people bringing new people in just to flame them, and that really sets my quills a-twitching.

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election

Much of our content is really like that already, IMHO. All it takes is someone actually looking their product / themselves up and they have a chance of stumbling onto here.

Yes, it could entice people to email the author or something, but I kinda doubt that would happen much, if at all.

• I'm all for it :-)

• :belt_onion:

I think you just got lucky that the EFL lead is such a special snowflake.

@JBert said:

EFL lead is such a special snowflake

Maybe we should give him a badge... :imp:

• Yeah, I didn't think things will escalate to the very top. Well, it only contributed hilarity, so all is good. On top of that, people were warned what getting into Tizen involves, so that's good too.
    All in all, I think a badge is an appropriate way to commemorate such perfect storm :-) There might never be a next one. Which I actually don't know if it's good or bad.

Yeah, I didn't think things will escalate to the very top.

Speaking of, given the firewall bit... I guess they didn't go all log-happy (if they have them) and nobody got into trouble? Don't know about you but at least someone tried to access it from work since we know about that bit...

On top of that, people were warned what getting into Tizen involves, so that's good too.

:fa_thumbs_o_up:

• I actually never logged from work, so I'll be fine, despite evidence suggests a witch-hunt in progress. As for others - the link spread like wildfire in sunny California so thousands of people actually got it and probably took a look. There is no stopping it now, no matter what censorship gets implemented.

• @aliceif said:

I feel like there should be a firestarter badge that should get awarded when luring an important person of a project/piece of software to the forums just to have a flamewar with them.

Could be just a specific case of a Touched in the Head badge. I think getting WTF principles to show up is a good / fun thing for here.

Perhaps it should be called "The Yellow Boxing Gloves of Enlightenment"?

• area_deu

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.