Pages for selecting badge to use as title or for user card badge take too long to load

• mod

It never fails, every update, something must break in Dicksores.

1. Went to preferences
    2. Clicked edit icon next to Title.
    3. Stared in bewilderment at useless screen.
    4. Clicked back button
    5. Clicked edit icon next to user card badge
    6. Stared in anger at useless screen.
    7. Reported bug here.

Chrome 41, Windows 7

• NOREPRO

I did have to wait a few seconds, though. After the first time, it seems to take a few seconds, don't know how long I waited for the first time for it to appear though.

• mod

@ChaosTheEternal said:

I did have to wait a few seconds, though. After the first time, it seems to take a few seconds, don't know how long I waited for the first time for it to appear though

So I didn't wait long enough? Ok, changing title …

• mod

There! Retitled to get bug reopened.

• @abarker said:

So I didn't wait long enough?

Apparently not. Of course, the question now becomes "why is there a wait for that panel to show up?", and for that I don't have an answer.

• sockdevs

It's not the snappiest of screens, but it's loading in about a second for me

• When I click edit I get a blank screen as well. The content loaded just fine, but I have to scroll up to see it.

• mod

@ChaosTheEternal said:

Apparently not. Of course, the question now becomes "why is there a wait for that panel to show up?", and for that I don't have an answer.

I'm betting a bad SQL query is to blame. I have 47 unique badges (over 7500 total), 31 of which can used as titles.

@RaceProUK said:

It's not the snappiest of screens, but it's loading in about a second for me

You have 39 badges (not even 500 total), and I'll bet most of them are usable as titles. I bet the difference in badge counts is contributing to the difference in experience

• sockdevs

@abarker said:

You have 39 badges (not even 500 total), and I'll bet most of them are usable as titles. I bet the difference in badge counts is contributing to the difference in experience

That can't be the rea-
    *sees your Nice Post badge count*
    …fuck!

• @abarker said:

bad SQL query

Possibly. It takes a few seconds for both of those panels to pop up.for me. I have:

• 38 unique badges
    • 1877 total badges
    • 22 titles from badges
    • 24 user card badges

And the site went read-only as I was going to post this. You know, it'd be nice if there was something in the post editor itself that told you the site went read-only besides erroring when you attempt to post.

• mod

@RaceProUK said:

That can't be the rea-sees your Nice Post badge count…fuck!

You didn't even look at my Good Post badge count, huh? :trollface:

Filed Under: Thanks be to @mott555, creator of \t\1000

• Loads in no time for me, but I don't have that many badgers.

Surprised there isn't an Infinispinner™ to show it's loading though.

• mod

But that wouldn't be Discoursistent.

• @abarker said:

True.

• @abarker said:

It might be Discoursistent sometimes...

• Yo Dawg, I heard you like Discoursistency....

• @loopback0 said:

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Discoursistency....

I do sometimes.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.