Acronyms Gone Wild

• What were they thinking?

http://www.omfg.com 

• awesome find, seriously OMFG what went through their head. Don't most parent try to teach their kids to think first before you speak?

• From the "about us" page:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This website is best viewed using 800x600 screen resolution and Small Font settings. Both of these options are accessible on your desktop under Properties/Settings.</font>

Why can't they just die?... It's like a recurring nightmare :/

• [quote user="viraptor"]

From the "about us" page:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This website is best
    viewed using 800x600 screen resolution and Small Font settings. Both of these
    options are accessible on your desktop under Properties/Settings.</font>

[/quote]

Oh... Dear... God.

I feel your pain. 

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This website is best

[/quote]

You're not thinking like a businessman.  Imagine the money they've saved by getting a 13-year-old to make the site. 

• I was very tempted to contact them regarding both counts (the acronym and the "best viewed" notice), but I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up yet another bogus address just for that. *sigh*

I don't even know why the best viewed notice is there. It's not like someone is going to stumble in on 640x480. Anything higher and it just sits to the side like everyone else. Speaking of which.. I wish those sites would float to center. I hate having to look to the left side for everything.

But.. like it has been said.. some kid probably designed it.. either that or a secretary who shouted "I know HTML!"..

• If you think that's bad. ;)

[/quote]
    OMFG!

• [quote user="bullseye"]

[/quote]

Got all of them, except for:
    www.ipanywhere.com
    Can someone explain, please?

Edit: Ok... got it... damn, I'm lame :/

If you think that's bad. ;)

[/quote]

Finally, a site for whore presents!

If you think that's bad. ;)

[/quote]

This list is old, the expertsexchange.com link is inactive, their new url is www.experts-exchange.com

But these are still funny :>)

SE*

• I reckon it's intentional. They know full well what it means, and realise it will help them stand out. Not to mention traffic to the site from url-guessers and us, which might help them get advertisers.

An even worse reading of www.ipanywhere.com occured to me. Include the www and ignore the resultant bad spelling ;-/

• Pff, Pen Island is intentional and we all know it.

"Your Pen Is Our Business"

I mean, cmon.

"So you want that customized pen look, without all the effort? Pen Island can help.

Just tell us a little bit about the size, color, texture, and taste of the pen you’re looking for, and we’ll see what can do. You’ll be surprised at what’s available."