Hyperlapse Questions

• So my brother is doing a cross country bike trip and taking a couple of GoPros with him, and I thought it would be really cool if we could set up some sort of way for him to do a hyperlapse blog sans Instagram. I saw Microsoft Labs research stuff on it, and it looked pretty cool (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/hyperlapse/), but after my quick scan of the site, I couldn't come up with a way to easily implement the source code they offer. Part of the issue is that I don't have any video rendering experience so everything makes no sense. My questions are:

1. Where should we start reading to figure out how to use their code, and
    2. do they actually provide enough information between the paper and source code to try and use it?

video:
    First-person Hyperlapse Videos – 03:22
    — Johannes Kopf

EDIT: I should point out that using Microsoft's Hyperlapse code isn't required it just looked like it could be simple to incorporate if I had video processing experience; if there's something else out there that's not Instagram that could potentially be used for this, I'm open to it.

EDIT 2: It turns out i am the :wtf:; now that I've reread the paper, this doesn't look nearly as easy as just applying the image correction and shader code they supply. There's a few more papers of required reading and implementing, and even then they're only "using similar algorithms" for many of the works cited.