Worst Phone Screen Ever?

• I sent him a text. I figured that more honest sooner is better. He texted me back. This will be okay. He's not pleased to see me go, but it will be fine. I'll bust ass for 2 weeks, and then I'll not be there anymore. Brain dump for sure.

This company was really really good to me. So was my boss. There was a little WTF-ery here and there, but mostly it has been great. I'll have a hard time on the last day. Lots of good people.

If anyone is looking for a job, message me. 50% MSSQL, 35%C#, 15%Python.

It's a good company in the Dallas area.

• "We saw that you have 5 years experience in Go, but we're looking for someone with at least 10."

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@ben_lubar said:

"We saw that you have 5 years experience in Go, but we're looking for someone with none."

FTFY.

• Everything went fine this morning. He asked me a few friendly questions about what the gig was, told me he wished he could counter to match it but he can't. Congratulated me, told me I've really done a good job and he'll miss me, wished me all the best and told me to stay in touch and be welcome back if this doesn't work out so well.

Very classy all 'round. Kind of anti-WTF for a change.

• ♿ (Parody)

Just came across this:

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRowe/posts/944287745581369:0

It's a Mike Rowe post (should work even if you don't have a facebook account) talking about, among other things, how he got his job at QVC back in the day:

I took a seat as the man clipped a microphone on my shirt and explained the situation.
    “The purpose of this audition is to see if you can talk for eight minutes without stuttering, blathering, passing out, or throwing up. Any questions?”
    “What would you like me to talk about,” I asked.
    The man pulled a pencil from behind his ear and rolled it across the desk. “Talk to me about that pencil. Sell it. Make me want it. But be yourself. If you can do that for eight minutes, the job is yours. Ok?”

There's a lot more. Good stuff, as usual, from Mike.

• @boomzilla said:

It's a Mike Rowe post

Is he a household name over there? I only know him from Dirty Jobs. Which is an enjoyable show and I was able to read that passage with his voice in my head.

Unrelated to that guy who created a software company Mike Rowe Soft 😄

• ♿ (Parody)

@Zemm said:

Is he a household name over there? I only know him from Dirty Jobs

He is in my household. Seriously, though, he got big via Dirty Jobs and he's done a lot of other narration on other shows. He currently has a show on CNN, "Somebody's Gotta Do It." Similar to Dirty Jobs, but less emphasis on dirty and more on simply interesting or weird.

He has an organization focused on people training and working in trades or pretty much anything that doesn't require a college degree. Among other things, they have a scholarship program for trade schools.