EBay eNglish.

• Log on to eBay and go to 'My eBay' and click on 'selling' from the side bar.

You are taken to a page that lists any items you might be selling. Under that list is a section titled 'Legend' where you are presented with a definition of all the little icons and then this sentence.

Prices of items with bids/reserve met are <font color="green">green and bold</font>; those without bids/reserve not met are <font color="red">red</font>.

What does it mean exactly if an item is <font color="red">red</font>?

-madwhit

• [quote user="madwhit"]

Prices
    of items with bids/reserve met are <font color="green">green
    and bold
    </font>;
    those without bids/reserve not met are <font color="red">red</font>.

What does it mean exactly if an item is <font color="red">red</font>?

[/quote]

That someone has short term memory loss?   

• Yeah confusing considering they could have just said this:

Items with reserve met are green and bold, items that have not met thier reserve are red.

Because if the reserve is met it has bids on it.  Anything with no reserve is considered a reserve of 0, so a single bid will meet the reserve and turn it green.

• simple.

If you are selling an item and getting green (aka money) from it, the price is green & bold.  (be it because the reserve was met, or there was no reserve and the item has bids)

If you are not selling the item and are just paying your fees (you're in the red on the deal), it's red.  It's red because you either have no bids, or the reserve isn't met.  Because presumably you setup the reserve because you wanted to sell it at a price of at least something and if it hasn't reached that, it won't be sold.

capisce?

• You're making a parse error.  It isn't:

those without [ bids ] / [ reserve ] not met are <font color="#ff0000">red</font>

It's: 

those [ without bids ] / [ reserve not met ] are <font color="#ff0000">red</font>

No WTF at all.

• Ahhh man!... and I was having so much fun laughing at them :(

• [quote user="CDarklock"]

You're making a parse error.  It isn't:

those without [ bids ] / [ reserve ] not met are <font color="#ff0000">red</font>

It's: 

those [ without bids ] / [ reserve not met ] are <font color="#ff0000">red</font>

No WTF at all.

[/quote]

eBay need to use brackets to make it clearer to programmers....

I read it as "without (bids divided by reserve) not met"... Kidding. I didn't really, I just got confused and figured I would understand when I looked at actual items for sale if I ever sell stuff.