Your currency is worthless

• Google can do many useful things, one is to do currency conversions.

However it seems to think the value of the Hong Kong Dollar compared to the British Pound over the last five years was worth a lot then was worthless..

1 HKD = 8 GBP then it was worthless.

In real life the British pound is worth about 13 Hong Kong dollars.

• Banned

You got it wrong - it's 100 Hąkąg dollars that's equal to 8.236 pounds. So that part is correct. The zeroing is still fail though.

• The graph on the right should show what 1 unit of the currency bought of the currency unit you want over the last 5 years, clearly this is not the case. 1 HKD has never bought over 8 GBP.

You can see this if you Type in 1 JPY in GBP (you can type in 398.5 JPY in GBP and it will give the same graph) or 1 TRY in USD or 1 IDR in EUR.

• Banned

@Dyfed said:

The graph on the right should show what 1 unit of the currency bought of the currency unit you want over the last 5 years, clearly this is not the case. 1 HKD has never bought over 8 GBP.

You can see this if you Type in 1 JPY in GBP (you can type in 398.5 JPY in GBP and it will give the same graph) or 1 TRY in USD or 1 IDR in EUR.

Some currencies are by convention compared in units of 1, others are in units of 100. JPY and HKD are the latter kind. Either way, I don't get any charts on any of Google searches, so I can't confirm anything.

• Go to GOOGLE.COM (you might need to click the link at the bottom to go to GOOGLE.COM instead of a local version of Google) then the 1 GBP in USD will work and show graphs. It even works on my android phone.

Google shows the graphs in 1 units, so 1 Yen in the last five years shows a graph bouncing from 0.006 gbp to 0.008 gbp.

Here are two images showing 1 Vietnam Dong to the British Pound and a million Dong to the Pound. The graph is the same showing 1 Dong buys about 300th of a penny or 30000ths of a pound.

• ♿ (Parody)

LOL, 1 Vietnamese Dong.

• "British Pound Sterling, Sterling unsure of reasoning, but his bum is sore"

• Banned

@Dyfed said:

Go to GOOGLE.COM

It redirects me to my local language.