Star trek: the animated series has cool aliens (the blakeyrat is watching star trek thread)

• If you were a more classic Trek fan, then I doubt anything could be worse than the way Kirk dies in Generations. Because, seriously, that was fucked-up.

If you're more of a Next Gen fan, then Insurrection is clearly worse.

Both movies are awful, though. And both movies inexplicably cheap-out on special effects. (Generations steals the Klingon ship explosion from Star Trek VI, Insurrection has that, to quote Red Letter Media, "bluescreen effect that didn't quite work out so they just left it" at the end in the collector ship.)

Both are loaded with terrible, terrible writing. It's hard to say which film is more badly-written. Insurrection has an atrociously awful sense of humor. And Generations is less "unintentionally morally ambiguous". Although it certainly doesn't help Generations that we never once see a glimpse of the planet full of people the crew is supposedly saving. But unlike Insurrection, I didn't hate them and want to see them die by the midpoint of the movie. At least the "idiot ball" in Generations is held by the bad guy and not the crew... mostly.

And of course, why the fuck is Worf on the Enterprise in Insurrection? They don't even attempt to explain that. He seriously went to Deep Space 9, got Captain in his own military ship, took the position in the Klingon embassy, then they assigned him back to Enterprise? Why... why was he even in Starfleet again? What the hell? Michael Dorn, your work in DS9 was like a million times better than this film and even if you're part of the "Next Gen crew", man, they got you singing Gilbert and Sullivan, why did you take this role???

• I think O'Brian's tenure on earth is not that bad. Sucks for Bashir, but at least he has Ezri to take his mind off things.

The Changelings may have a happy ending, maybe... If they learn from what's happened, that is. If they think they being cured by Odo means they really are invincible and gods and start conquering the galaxy again, that may not be a real happy ending.

Btw, thanks for repeatedly saying DS9 is the best of all Star Treks. I saw some episodes on TV about 10 years back and it didn't really click with me. It's because of your praise of that particular ST series that I watched it front to back and I actually really liked it.
    I probably wouldn't have done that without your endorsement. Cheers, buddy.

• ♿ (Parody)

My son recently found the animated Star Wreck on Netflix and I think has gone through all the episodes.

I like how they have the regular crew people do the voices of the week's guests. Also, I think the plots and stuff may be better than the original show.

• @OffByOne said:

Cheers, buddy.

Cheers, random internet person.