JAJAH and privacy

• JAJAH is a website (featured on Slashdot) that allows you to make phone calls, over a normal phone but triggered over the web. Aside from the rather dubious concept, their FAQ has this to say:

[quote user="JAJAH"]JAJAH allows every potential customer to test its service for 5 minutes absolutely free. To use this trial version, you don't need to register or give us any details, just enter your number on the top field and choose your destination country and number and press the CALL button.[/quote] 

• [quote user="iwpg"]Aside from the rather dubious concept[/quote]

Hmm, seems I misunderstood what exactly this site does (the Slashdot article didn't exactly help :-P).  It doesn't seem so bad after all.  But the main point of my post still stands. 

• [quote user="iwpg"]

[quote user="iwpg"]Aside from the rather dubious concept[/quote]

Hmm, seems I misunderstood what exactly this site does (the Slashdot article didn't exactly help :-P).  It doesn't seem so bad after all.  But the main point of my post still stands. 

[/quote]

On their website, you enter your own telefone number and the telefone number of someone you wish to call (in another country where the call would normaly be very expensive). They call you and that other person and make the connection in the middle by VOIP. Imagine "Skype-Out" on both ends.

• [quote user="ammoQ"]On their website, you enter your own telefone number and the telefone number of someone you wish to call (in another country where the call would normaly be very expensive). They call you and that other person and make the connection in the middle by VOIP. Imagine "Skype-Out" on both ends.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I see that now.  I was mainly concerned about how they consider giving out one's phone number to be "not giving them any details".