Bookmarks can't be cleared soon after liking a post


  • mod

    So due to events over the weekend which I won't mention, I ran out of likes the past two days. To get around this, I bookmarked the posts I wanted to like so I could come back and like them later. I'm now going back through the backlog, but there's a problem: I can't clear the bookmarks from the posts themselves.

    Here's an example of a post that I bookmarked:

    So I click the bookmark icon to clear it and it turns gray. Then it almost instantly turns blue again. WTF?

    DIIIIIIIIIISCOOOOOOOURSE!!!!

    Edit: Further investigation reveals that this error is linked attempting to remove the bookmark soon after liking the post. This is probably linked to the request rate limiting which has been put in place.



  • No repro ...



  • Have you checked your browser’s network logs to see what happens when you click the bookmark? My guess would be that the server rejects the request for some reason.



  • @VinDuv said:

    My guess would be that the server rejects the request for some reason.

    And if the reason is 429 Too many requests, go and whack Jeff in the face.


  • SockDev

    with this:


  • mod

    @Maciejasjmj said:

    And if the reason is 429 Too many requests, go and whack Jeff in the face.

    :facepalm:

    This would appear to be the case. Apparently, Dicsource thinks I am clearing the bookmark too soon after liking the post.

    Edit: Title adjusted to reflect this discovery. Also, my new avatar is feeling very appropriate right now.



  • @abarker said:

    So I click the bookmark icon to clear it and it turns gray. Then it almost instantly turns blue again. WTF?

    Try the removal buttons at http://what.thedailywtf.com/my/activity/bookmarks, see if it does the same thing there?



  • @abarker said:

    Edit: Title adjusted to reflect this discovery.

    BUG: Everything on the page is live-updated except topic title.


    Filed under: FTBWLAB



  • @abarker said:

    Dicsource thinks I am clearing the bookmark too soon after liking the post.

    I get this instead:


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.