Closed Poll: Which language is the worst of the worst?

• MUMPS still runs a considerable number of Hospital EHR systems. If you have been to a hospital run by the US Government (particularly any VA/VHA hospital), your patient records (inpatient and outpatient) are entirely covered by MUMPS code.

VA's EHR, Vista, is written in MUMPS and direct interaction with the legacy applications requires a client mainframe emulator. More modern client applications are Delphi. All of the VA's code is maintained by federal employees and is public domain, there was an open source initiative some time ago so you can probably find it online and jump down that rabbit hole. I just looked up Medsphere and they sell a commercial version of Vista

MUMPS vendors have latched on pretty hard to the NoSQL movement. One guy in particular has a github project called 'nodem' where he lines up node.js with an open source MUMPS runtime, GT.M : https://github.com/dlwicksell/nodem... So there's that.

• @hotcereal said:

your patient records (inpatient and outpatient) are entirely covered by MUMPS code.

• At least they're not covered by PHP, which would also merit said marker yes?

• Very possibly. Fortunately, I have no first-hand experience with either. However, judging that MUMPS got over twice as many votes as PHP (not to mention that it's the name of an actual infectious disease), I would have to say that MUMPS deserves it more.